Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Keyboard Corner

Synths, pianos, software, analog, digital, modeling, virtual instruments, programming tips - this is the place on the web for discussions, debates, opinions and assistance...and the occasional sports thread.

11594965545_282c74d7ea_o.jpg.e3b7814ba5300332fb257afa0b249ec5.jpg   

Subforums

1. Repairs and Mods

Repairs, modifications, tips, tricks and other suggestions for ailing keyboards and synthesizers.

66,972 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
    • 53.5k views
    • 0 replies
    • 37.4k views
    • 4 replies
    • 5 replies
  1. Nord Stage 4 Bug List?

• 10 replies
  2. Piano 2.0

• 1 reply
  3. Oh no... another great synth

• 12 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 4.3k views
    • 11 replies
    • 62 replies
    • 4.2k views
    • 3.9k replies
    • 10.3m views
    • 33 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 37 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 29 replies
  4. Jesús Molina - Wow! 1 2

• 51 replies
  5. FOH channel set-up for keyboard

• 5 replies
    • 34 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 2.9k replies
    • 1.2m views
    • 25 replies
    • 2.7k replies
    • 2.7m views
  6. Sam Ash now closing all stores? 1 2

• 57 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k replies
    • 1.3m views
    • 35 replies
    • 5.9k views
    • 11 replies
    • 161 replies
    • 14.4k views
    • 19 replies
    • 1k views
    • 11 replies
    • 10 replies
  7. RIP Joey DeFrancesco 1 2 3 4

• 107 replies
    • 7.2k views
    • 38 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. AI Randy Travis

• 6 replies
  9. Piano Tuning Tools

• 8 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 18 replies
  • Trending posts on MPN

• In MPN’s GEARLAB

• OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
    • Waaaay back when....I bought a white face ARP Odyssey off a friend of our drummer. Never had my eye on one, but it was a great deal and I needed one more synth for my rig. Probably did 200 gigs with it. I used it a ton, and it never let me down. I eventually sold it to help pay for a brand new DX7 when they first hit the streets. (Ya, it was that long ago) I honestly have never missed it - not even once, and would not buy another one, regardless of who makes it or how inexpensive they are. Too many better options out there these days. Odysseys always sounded a little too "thin" for my tastes. I much prefer a synth that can do "fat".....and any 37 note keyboards are generally an automatic  pass for me now.
    • I just bought one used two days ago.   I had in the past (a very past) the original ARP Odissey and an Avatar (the guitar version of the Odissey). They sounded quite differenti, and now I understand why: two different version of the filter. A friend of mine still have the all black one with coloured sliders, which Is again different, maybe two poles filter?   Anyway the Behringer sounds good but a bit differenti too.   My ARP had a ring modulator I used to build fabolous bell like sounds: metallic, full of harmonics.    The kind of sound you can hear on Japan Tin Drum or Oil on Canvas albums.   Until now I couldn't recreate this sound.    Neither the Avatar did. Just my ARP Odissey I sold for little Money :(
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries