Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Mojo and Static Discharge

When I worked for a laptop mfg company I spent time upgrading RAM in laptops. We were required to wear grounding wriststraps when handling the RAM cards to prevent a static charge from our clothes or wool socks killing the card. We mostly ignored the rule but wearing a grounding wriststrap could at least be a temporary fix.

FunMachine.

• 5 months later...

Hi ! Juste received Crumar Mojo Suitcase few days ago. First start : a lot of cracking like static electricity. I live in France, electric installation is fine, got a NorStaged, Roland Fantom, Poly D, Triton extreme, etc etc. All is working fine.

Restart, all is fine !
Played 3h, no pb. Turned off to go to eat, turned on after, no pb.
Next morning, exactly the same electric crack. Restart, ok.
No pb the next two days.
Absolutely no freeze, organ is running very well even with hours and hours of play.

I will gig with it next week.
I really love keybed, warm sound, leslie simulation, facility to carry, price etc. (got a real hammond with a real tube leslie on an other room. I know how it sound !).

Does anyone try to simply attach an electric cable on the metal bottom of the organ and let the cable touch the floor or the metalic stand ? Realy easy to do (there is free holes at the bottom).

Have a good day and bests regards !

LM