Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

Lately .......    PC3 over a Forte 7.  PC3 triggers a Gemini module.  This essentially gives me two Fortes since the Gemini sounds are similar to the Forte but the PC3 is semi-weighted while the Forte is weighted.  Compliment each other nicely.

Screenshot_20240420_190840_Facebook~2.jpg

• Like 10

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

On 3/30/2024 at 7:46 AM, JamPro said:

@Rustar - tell us your experience with that Behringer hot-spot monitor - how is that working for you?  What genre of music does your band play?

In this group, it's used for vocals only. It's always sounded good. If I needed one myself I'd buy one.

Yamaha P-515, Hammond SK1, Casio PX5s, Motif ES rack, Kawai MP5, Kawai ESS110, Yamaha S03, iPad, and a bunch of stuff in the closet.

On 3/29/2024 at 4:24 AM, ImproKeys said:

IMG_2926.thumb.jpeg.c347b7df975c6fa93e423e33d503d6b7.jpeg
This was a gig 50/50 organ with LHB and piano/wurly, plus a bit LHB from the Stage. We change duties in the band from song to song. 

Is the Stage supported by another stand (which one?), or does it actually balance on the flat top portion of the Mojo? More than the panel layout and any tweaks to the engine, that flat space on the top of the organ is the biggest advantage I see in the Classic over my XT...

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

14 minutes ago, SamuelBLupowitz said:

Is the Stage supported by another stand (which one?), or does it actually balance on the flat top portion of the Mojo? More than the panel layout and any tweaks to the engine, that flat space on the top of the organ is the biggest advantage I see in the Classic over my XT...

It is a K&M 18950 with the second tier arms mounted. I think the Stage could rest on the Crumar but then it had to be pulled a lot more towards the player, making reaching the drawbars a problem. 
I think some time ago I measured the flat top - it is only 11cm if I recall correctly. 

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, ImproKeys said:

It is a K&M 18950 with the second tier arms mounted. I think the Stage could rest on the Crumar but then it had to be pulled a lot more towards the player, making reaching the drawbars a problem. 
I think some time ago I measured the flat top - it is only 11cm if I recall correctly. 

It's rare that I see a second tier that can adjust that low and that far back, and that's an issue for me for exactly the reasons you describe. Good to know!

• Like 2

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

50 minutes ago, SamuelBLupowitz said:

It's rare that I see a second tier that can adjust that low and that far back, and that's an issue for me for exactly the reasons you describe. Good to know!

I have the 18953, same but wider, and the stackers for these stands are really flexible in all directions, up/down, back/forward, and the angle, I was really pleased with this when I installed my stackers. As you can see I have the second tier fairly far back (but there's more to give still), quite low but not at the lowest, and instead with a bit of an angle which for me all in all makes it very comfy to play (I have long arms...).

The tripod laptop stand on the side in the first photo was then replaced with a k&m laptop-holder mounted on the stand instead as seen in the second photo. The music stand is still a tripod one, and in the rehearsal room (where the stand setup is now) I have it on the side instead so I can see the rest of the people in the band...

knm.jpg

knmlth.jpg

• Like 2

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

• 2 weeks later...

This is my “I’m retired from gigging but playing some summer Blues jobs.  This is first time I have taken the Kurzweil to a job.   

Nothing fancy. 

9C76F30B-4E29-41AC-9FF7-CB8EA7C303DC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

2 minutes ago, CEB said:

This is my “I’m retired from gigging but playing some summer Blues jobs.  This is first time I have taken the Kurzweil to a job.   
Nothing fancy.

Oh, I don't know. Power-wise, it looks fairly "fancy" to me. Blues gigs don't have prog-like demands for wild synth elements, but your K has that on hand if desired. Some rigs are fancy on the outside; this is one where its internal. I mainly responded out of admiration for your strength of will in hauling two biggies like those! :clap:

• Like 1

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

On 3/29/2024 at 2:24 AM, ImproKeys said:

IMG_2926.thumb.jpeg.c347b7df975c6fa93e423e33d503d6b7.jpeg
This was a gig 50/50 organ with LHB and piano/wurly, plus a bit LHB from the Stage. We change duties in the band from song to song. 

Thanks for bucking the norm of positioning a narrower keyboard over a wider keyboard. Maybe I’m stuck in the older thinking of rigs built around a B3, but I never felt right about placing a two manual organ above something else. A single manual organ above a DP makes sense, but I’d find a two manual organ above a piano disorienting. In the seventies, my Rhodes sat atop a Hammond 100 (Multimoog atop the Rhodes).  My last rig had a Roland A50 above a Hammond SK2. Yes, I know that this sort of looks like a high wing aircraft, but it makes most sense for what I would do. 

No offence to CEB intended, by the way…different strokes and all that.

The PC4 is basically just piano here.  I’m using a single Quick Access bank.  Three pianos one EP one Clav and a string program I use for a Gary Moore tune.  

It’s only 28 pounds 

My piano has to be on bottom because I need it where the keybed is even with the bottom of my forearms while parallel to the floor with the elbows at 90 degree angle when seated.   I found only on stand that lets me do this

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

On 4/20/2024 at 7:28 PM, Delaware Dave said:

Lately .......    PC3 over a Forte 7.  PC3 triggers a Gemini module.  This essentially gives me two Fortes since the Gemini sounds are similar to the Forte but the PC3 is semi-weighted while the Forte is weighted.  Compliment each other nicely.

Screenshot_20240420_190840_Facebook~2.jpg

Nice to see your rig in action - love it!

Here's my usual work setup, with Kurzweil K2700 and PC4 up front, minus the laptop that's usually on a stand right in front of the rack. Highlights include a Kurzweil VA1 along the far right wall, and a JX-3P with a Retroaktiv programmer in the bottom right. (BTW For anyone with old analog Roland modules and boards, Retroaktiv programmers are the bomb. Totally changes the 3P into a tweaker's delight.)

Studio 2023.jpg

• Love 2

"Here's my usual work setup..."

Holy moly, Dave, what a great looking setup and room. :2thu:

Highlights for me are the Wurlitzer 200/200A, can't tell from the photo which one it is, and the Yamaha CP 80  :cool:

Thanks for not calling me to help you carry that Yamaha up the stairs. :cheers:

:nopity: