Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

Taping for a local TV show w/ one of the many projects in which I participate.

IMG_20230713_123249644_HDR.thumb.jpg.5c34db9d24cf32fa3329ccabca2ae51b.jpg

IMG_20230713_112407426_HDR.thumb.jpg.bb9b71b0944e62b3d6f2e093eb6e8c13.jpg

• Like 6

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

• 2 weeks later...

Dual Casios last night at a local beer garden/restaurant/brewpub.  They placed us on the porch at the very last minute due to the imminent threat of rain but that meant we were REALLY close together since no one wanted to be out from under the small covered area.  I think the drummer was close enough to reach the higher end of my boards!  I couldn't even step back far enough to get my sweet Z stand in the shot!  Fortunately when the rain did come it wasn't windy enough to get us wet but I was ready with the stack of napkins at the far end of the keyboard.  Just in case.

20230722_184143.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, stoken6 said:

I dig so much about these pics. What's the mallet controller - MalletKat? 

A fretless bass AND a plexiglass! I approve.

Cheers, Mike.

Thanks!  That's my wife's Pearl MalletStation.  She's a drummer, mostly set, but she's learning mallets.

Glad you enjoyed the pix!

• 4 weeks later...

2 rigs for 2 very different bands... 

Longtime sideman for local artist with pretty substantial following (doing primarily original material):

jdvrig.thumb.jpg.a8d0b5312704587e0657dad4f3471067.jpg

The Wurlie doesn't make it out for every gig, but I bring it when I can. The gig is about 60% Organ, 30% Wurlie & 10% M-Tron and a few gems from Omnishpere supplied from the laptop.

10 piece classic rock cover band (with 3 pc strings & 2 piece horns):

wrorig.thumb.jpg.42857ab5d3b41cbe49870e778d1e5ff8.jpg

Total VST rig. NUC computer mounted to my pedalboard running Gig Performer & lots of softsynths.

That's an Omega Pro stand. Its 2nd tier doesn't allow for the keys to be that close together, so I fashioned a little prop (secured with Velcro):

Omegawith2ndtier.thumb.jpg.0eeed8bc15545a5f00970df7cce5f71c.jpg

2ndtier.thumb.jpg.d92084eadf9b74bacbce22d8321968a3.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 5

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

1 hour ago, stoken6 said:

Love that first rig.

I'm intrigued by your velcro-powered prop - where does it attach to the Omega stand?

Cheers, Mike.

I have 2 of the mic arms that hook to the stand via this adapter. One for the touchscreen & one for the iPad (running charts & program changes). This pic shows the adapters that hook to the Omega stand, without the mic arms hooked up. The wood piece is velcro-ed to both adapters. The M-Audio is Velcroed to the top of the wood piece and then sits on the Roland FP-30x. Not very elegant, but it works & is solid!

close-up.thumb.jpg.05df72534c8a247ebf98772f6b64cc54.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

www.gmma.biz

2 minutes ago, stoken6 said:

Nice @mcgoo, and I see you've velcroed the PSU to the back of the piano? I thought I was the only one who did that!

Cheers, Mike.

Ha! Yeah, I do that with both the FP-30x & the SKX in the other rig. Any little setup time savers go a long way! LOL

• Like 1

www.gmma.biz

On 8/15/2023 at 6:00 PM, mcgoo said:

That's an Omega Pro stand. Its 2nd tier doesn't allow for the keys to be that close together, so I fashioned a little prop (secured with Velcro):

2ndtier.thumb.jpg.d92084eadf9b74bacbce22d8321968a3.jpg

Thanks. This pic is exactly what I was looking for. I did something similar with my StandTastic stand, but eventually found that the 48" StandTastic didn't need it (I could put the back of the upper keyboard on the uprights, and the front on the lower keyboard with velcro to lock it in place). 

I'll see if I can fabricate something similar for my needs. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 3:00 AM, mcgoo said:

Total VST rig. NUC computer mounted to my pedalboard running Gig Performer & lots of softsynths.

Could you expand a little on this?

Is that screen just a monitor? a touchscreen? It looks very thin.

How does tha NUC fit on the pedalboard? (pictures maybe?)

Do you use an audìo interface?

My band: www.tupamaros.it - Our music: https://tupamaros-it.bandcamp.com/

Galanti Accordion + Voicelive Play | Roland FA-07 | GSI Gemini Rack | MIDI Drawbars controller (custom made) | IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro 

13 hours ago, Garubi said:

Could you expand a little on this?

Is that screen just a monitor? a touchscreen? It looks very thin.

How does tha NUC fit on the pedalboard? (pictures maybe?)

Do you use an audìo interface?

pdlbd.thumb.jpg.21ea20fcd1d5844586395839117ee3de.jpg

The pic is a bit obstructed but it's the best I've got. You'll see my DI's, NUC (with a USB hub on top), MOTU interface, Vent and sus pedals mounted. There's also a mounted Expression pedal out of view. Everything that's mounted is mounted via Velcro. I need to redo the pedal board (the whole thing is HEAVY), but as is, it's functional. The monitor is a fairly inexpensive touch screen. Connects & is powered via Thunderbolt. I usually don't use speakers with this band- I use In Ears, but this was a date with a high school orchestra, so I wanted to keep it simple for the sound guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

www.gmma.biz

Wow -- nice!

All you guys make me realize I have way more GAS than CASH........................ 😩

Old No7

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

Always great to see another DX7 owner here, at least it's great for me.  I love mine!!

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

On 8/22/2023 at 5:05 PM, mcgoo said:

pdlbd.thumb.jpg.21ea20fcd1d5844586395839117ee3de.jpg

Love this pic.  Its a great example of what probably looks like a "simple" 2 keyboard setup from the audience, but the floor tells a different story.  It would be easy for the lay person to think - what, 2 keyboards and a speaker, what's the big deal?  But we all know too well the reality behind the facade.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

I see your iPad holders there, nice touch 🤩

Only needed if and when I take the Roland and iPad for a quick lightweight rehearsal. Module can hold its own in a small intimate setting, I also have the Korg for when I need big, rich piano.

So my CK has three sets depending on the quality of the gig;

Christmas dinner (Grandstage, CK and iPad)

Fish and Chips (A800, CK and iPad)

Greggs pasty (A800 and iPad)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

4 hours ago, stoken6 said:

My kind of rig. I love "sounds on top, controller underneath" rigs. 

Cheers, Mike.

I have this thing where the larger board has to go on the bottom as it’s usually a piano. In this case the A800 is a bit wider and, dare I say, better to play piano on than the CK. However, it’s a nice tidy little rig with few wires.

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

2 hours ago, stoken6 said:

Some of this might need translation into other Englishes, notably USAian and Strine!

Cheers, Mike.

Ok,

Michelin star restaurant

Local pizza parlour

MacDonalds

• Haha 2

Been building gear for weekend warrior stuff for about a year now. I'd say I'm ready to go find me a band or two after a decade out of the weekend game.

Motif XF7, RD2000, Mojo. That'll make the bar patrons cover their ears.

And yes, that is an Invisible stand. Love that thing.

20231027_221149.jpg

• Like 4

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson