Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

Lately, this is my small rig. Nord covers all the organs and pianos, Mainstage covers most else. Setlist and patch control is all from Mainstage. Love my DB-1 drawbar controllers from Ocean Beach Digital...I don't think I could gig without it. The shelf is simply a wooden shelf liberated during a house remodel, painted with several coats of black paint, on a separate X stand. holds everything including your drinks.

20211203_175533.jpg

• Like 1

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Is that an X-stand under your keys? With drinks on top of a shelf?😬

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

45 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

Is that an X-stand under your keys? With drinks on top of a shelf?😬

You missed the laptop in the previous pic looking ready to fall off at the slightest bump.

@Iconoclast I saw your post about your former job in the About Your Avatar thread. I think you still like to live on the edge. 😉

Drinks...guilty as charged. In my defense, it's pretty stable, but I've had numerous keyboard players look at the picture and make the exact same comment.

But computer in the first picture is resting 100% on a pretty slick magnetic rack/shelf thing that Studiologic has for the SL grand and Studio lines keyboards. It's surprisingly secure and low profile!  Also has a pretty slick music stand that attached the same way.

20210220_133845.thumb.jpg.4e413456d9c87c635668a84c7673441e.jpg

20210220_134352.jpg

• Like 2

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Got to play this rig tonight at a friend's rehearsal space.

20220602_182824.thumb.jpg.5d47d5d7b168bfc8c3cdd9ecde90f8ed.jpg

• Like 4

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

On 5/6/2022 at 3:52 PM, drohm said:

That is a really interesting and clean setup.  Are you using wireless IEM's? A Looks like a sweet rig for gigs!

Some use wired IEM, Vocalist use wireless.
With our new PA it looks really nice.. We always bring the lights. We want to simplify our sound system with a Midas RM18 (so we can easily soundcheck from FOH), but no digital mixers are available here in the Netherlands....

Nord Piano 5-73, Nord Stage 3
Author of QSheets: The fastest lead sheet viewer in the world that also plays Audio Files and send Program Changes!
https://qsheets.eriknie.synology.me/

Stage rig from last night. FAMC LF+ mini foot controller holds the setlist... sends prog change to laptop running Cantabile3 which switches the VSTs/Kronos/Forte patches and manages the controller mapping, splits, transpose, etc for the song. 250ms to call up the next song with one foot switch. Both boards are LOCAL=OFF and all midi events go through Cantabile, even if being routed back to the same keyboard. RME Fireface UC interface acts as mixer for FOH send. Custom wired pedalboard with milti-chan snakes: 12-chan from keyboard pigtails run midi, audio, pedals and switches down to pedalboard junction box. 8-chan snake runs audio and midi to the rack. USS Apex Pro with steel support rods from legs to bottom tri-bars. Rock solid no bounce. #NoSpaghettiimage_67502593.thumb.JPG.46d14baf5c885709e4c7da245662b382.JPG

• Like 3

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

My minimalist B-3 setup. B3X on an iPad mini 6 controlled by an Oxygen 61. Output runs into a Radial Key Largo, then 1 or 2 QSC K12.2's depending on the venue.20220603_114557.thumb.jpg.4dea1aad4df7cc3150bd73dfc64c05fe.jpg

• Like 2

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

13 hours ago, lightbg said:

My minimalist B-3 setup. B3X on an iPad mini 6 controlled by an Oxygen 61. Output runs into a Radial Key Largo, then 1 or 2 QSC K12.2's depending on the venue.20220603_114557.thumb.jpg.4dea1aad4df7cc3150bd73dfc64c05fe.jpg

Wow, you got a Key Largo to accessorise your stand - that's the cleanest-sounding, most transparent keyboard stand brace/lock I've ever seen!

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

Mike,

I'll admit it was a challenge to hang the Key Largo anywhere on this stand, but here's what i did. Took a scrap piece of plywood. Screwed two cornerbraces trimmed to the width of the KL, and then screwed a 4" mending plate on a 1" standoff to the backside. Shot it with Plasticote and wirètied it for security.

It does the job.

20220607_092922.jpg

20220607_092948.jpg

• Like 2

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

• 2 weeks later...

MD'd a Whitney Houston tribute gig last week.

Played a couple of biggish stages so thought I'd fill it out with stuff.

Korg SV1 for the 88
- going to do be all black keys if I can ever get hold of any

- was going to be the Arturia 88 but I still can't love the keybed 😞 

Arturia KeyLab 61 mkII for most synthy stuff

- great love it, apart from the stoppers on the Spider Pro had a habit of holding down keys in their vicinity 🤨

Korg Triton 76 for additional synths (over MIDI) and a couple of M1 style pianos (audio)
- additional synths meaning I didn't worry about splits and stuff

- recently refurb'ed with some new keys, new switches, blue LEDs, and a paint job

Korg i3 for symmetry as it only weighs about 1kg

Roland Integra-7
- love this thing

- almost all the sounds coming from here
- individual outs to the mixer

iConnectivity MIDI4+
- took everything as DIN MIDI into the Integra

M1 MacBook Air
- running QLab with click (and abuse for the drummer), 808 loops, brass section, and some BVs on track
- QLab sending all patch changes over SysEx to the Integra at points in the tracks, no manual patch changes! 🙂
- Mac powered, along with the iPad, by an OWC Hub. Arturia 61 also powered from the hub. 

Behringer XR18
- mixer and interface

- gave FOH 7 outs (BVs, Percussion, Strings/Pads, Brass Section, Synths, Pianos (in stereo))

all bussed so it didn't matter if the sounds were coming from the Mac or live. 

- gave the drummer a click

- didn't use the built-in wi-fi 😉 

iPad for XR18 remote

Handmade dots on actual paper

Keyboard World.jpg

• Like 7

This is the pic from a recent concert in Spain 

Nord stage 88 controlling Mainstage. All sounds and bass are coming through the Mac. Korg PlugKey for knobs and faders. Ipad controls in ears 

There's a grand piano

IMG_20220626_131003.jpg

IMG_20220626_131029.jpg

• Like 6
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

It would be cool if people posted photos of themselves with the gear as well.   At least for me, I think it's cool to match faces to the names.  

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

4 hours ago, KRK said:

studio...
(waiting for the OBX8...)

Sala Giochi_2020_03.jpg

Some serious Gear Pron right there...

• Haha 2

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Did a week of worship gigs this past week, 3 services a day for six days at a camp. Used the Fantom 7 as my only instrument. The other tech is for my monitoring system and power.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Theory of operation being that as went the “wall of sound” show methodology….so will go the Uber expensive/massive keyboard rigs and as smaller gets better downsizing becomes easier.

so here is the beginnings of my first micro rig.  More soon as I integrate stuff.

AF47F74A-E646-4C60-B839-24E9160F98BC.jpeg

164784F3-08E2-4DDA-80A5-572F66459B82.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1