Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I just got a Tornado..!

11 hours ago, Analogaddict said:

Sure! I did about 25 gigs with the Tornado this summer, playing a Mojo. All IEM. It sounds and feels great to play, the bass response is even bigger than on any of my bigger Leslies (147, 142 and 770) so in a pop/rock context I needed to roll off a lot of bass. Having dual rotors does a lot for the sound, it sounds IMO way better than my 2101 and I don’t miss my 3300 at all. :)  Next week I’ll play it in a more jazzy context, it’ll be interesting to see what it’s like when played 100% acoustic in a bigger room, I don’t think I’ll be disappointed with it at all. 

From a volume perspective how does its 80 watts of tube amp power compare to the 3300's 300 watts of solid state power?  Also, you mentioned in an earlier post that the cabinet construction is rather thin.  Do you hear any rattles, buzzing when the bass is turned up (you mentioned that you turned the bass down on rock gigs).  How has the cabinet held up after a couple of dozen gigs?

Silvio wrote that a T115 to Delaware is about $2700 delivered, but I'm not sure if "delivered" includes VAT or if customs will ding me another 20% for VAT on arrival to the US border. Either way it is a fairly expensive decision.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

4 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

From a volume perspective how does its 80 watts of tube amp power compare to the 3300's 300 watts of solid state power?  Also, you mentioned in an earlier post that the cabinet construction is rather thin.  Do you hear any rattles, buzzing when the bass is turned up (you mentioned that you turned the bass down on rock gigs).  How has the cabinet held up after a couple of dozen gigs?

Silvio wrote that a T115 to Delaware is about $2700 delivered, but I'm not sure if "delivered" includes VAT or if customs will ding me another 20% for VAT on arrival to the US border. Either way it is a fairly expensive decision.

Tube watts mean business… I don’t go for blistering loud but I could easily shake the stage with the Tornado. I get some rattling from the handles - mine are not the fixed kind - but it’s easily fixed. I usually squeeze my gloves into the handles if it’s a problem. It has taken a few dings, nothing major. The 3300 is way tougher, though..! I bought an early series model for about 2700 with sales tax and shipping, but I’m in Europe so shipping is not all that expensive. I have to assume that all prices have gone higher nowadays.