Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Keyboard Corner

Synths, pianos, software, analog, digital, modeling, virtual instruments, programming tips - this is the place on the web for discussions, debates, opinions and assistance...and the occasional sports thread.

11594965545_282c74d7ea_o.jpg.e3b7814ba5300332fb257afa0b249ec5.jpg   

Subforums

1. Repairs and Mods

Repairs, modifications, tips, tricks and other suggestions for ailing keyboards and synthesizers.

66,980 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
    • 53.5k views
    • 0 replies
    • 37.4k views
    • 37 replies
    • 72 replies
    • 4.1k views
    • 47 replies
    • 1k views
  1. Socrates

• 0 replies
    • 52 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. Piano 2.0

• 4 replies
    • 2.7k replies
    • 2.7m views
  3. New M4 iPad Pro 1 2

• 43 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 203 replies
    • 19.7k views
    • 12 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 100 replies
    • 2k views
    • 38 replies
    • 4.7k views
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 28 replies
    • 61 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 137 replies
    • 21.7k views
    • 102 replies
    • 18.7k views
    • 3.9k replies
    • 10.3m views
    • 5 replies
  4. Oh no... another great synth

• 13 replies
  5. Nord Stage 4 Bug List?

• 12 replies
  6. FOH channel set-up for keyboard

• 9 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 1.7k replies
    • 1.3m views
    • 11 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 62 replies
    • 4.4k views
    • 33 replies
    • 37 replies
    • 1.4k views
  • Trending posts on MPN

• So, who else is going? Anyone else scoring tickets for this opportunity to catch a very unique unique line-up performing what may be among the last 'King Crimson official' outings? Anyone? Anyone?   Anyone? Anyone? I haven't really checked out a lot of those, myself...  Perhaps some YouTube searches  for 'Live Concert King Crimson Topic' might give you some samples of what's been released?
    • Depends on whether you have the time, capacity, infrastructure, and interest to maintain a thorough testing environment to ensure a functioning system.    I certainly wouldn't entrust my central tools to an unsupported configuration without a tested fallback. 
    • Exactly, imagine what you can churn out with Suno today, but in stems + midi which is already set up with the instruments in your DAW etc. I do believe that in a near future some DAW manufacturer will definitely start using these technologies in one way or the other to assist in the creative process "What would you like to create today?". Will be interesting to see the new Logic version with the AI Session Players, and what can be achieved with that!
    • Nathanael, You are, without a shadow of a doubt, soon to take delivery of the greatest piano ever built in the 324 years since Cristofori's invention! Mark.
    • Nick's is unique and it's impressive if a fellow human can fool you into thinking it's her. Steve Marriott on the other hand has a voice and range that would be near impossible for another singer to copy enough to fool a fan. I have heard covers by Beth Hart and Debora Bonham that captured a strong Marriott flavor but at no time did I think it was Steve himself.  Black coffee is my name......
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• I remember seeing the ads in Keyboard and a picture of the Odyssey on the Musicians Friend catalog. I really wanted one but ended up with the MiniMoog because it was available. In the late 70's you didn't have a lot of choices in a small rural town. Was very interested when this came out but reviews of the horrible touch pads scared me away. Wish it had more jacks for interfacing with the Behringer 2600. Still, maybe someday. Wonder how it compares to the Korg version?
    • Carlo, you make that Oddy sound fabulous! I have a black-face Oddy and Axxe in my garage, have had both since the '80's, and both need new sliders, probably new caps, and a ton of cleaning. But hearing you play it made me feel nostalgic for that sound! Given the price of the Behringer, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new one than to fix mine.
    • OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries