Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage

Trends, tips, technology, tricks, talk, tales - it's your Open Mic. We're listening!

389374924_SSSBanner.png.7e571d00c20db24456e4aa667f41fd92.png    

Subforums

1. Sweetwater Publishing Official Support Forum

The official forum for feedback, Q&A, support, discussions, suggestions for future updates, and questions on topics covered in the books. 

26,762 topics in this forum

1. impulse recording technique

• 2 replies
  2. voltage pedal mods

• 17 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
  3. Choices

• 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  4. Lexicon Core 2

• 1 reply
  5. onstage keyboard setup

• 5 replies
  6. Is MIDI dying? 1 2

• 44 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. Vocal reduction

• 3 replies
  8. Live Feedback

• 4 replies
  9. VS1680 format conversion

• 2 replies
  10. click

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  11. POD in effects loop?

• 3 replies
  12. Drum machine on stage

• 16 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 15 replies
    • 10 replies
  13. Midi files

• 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 82 replies
    • 10.5k views
  14. help me spend $$$

• 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
  15. Studio Design

• 2 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 0 replies
  16. POD Signal Levels

• 11 replies
    • 2.8k views
    • 27 replies
    • 6.7k views
    • 43 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
  17. Yamaha MU100R

• 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  • Trending posts on MPN

• Some timely posts here as I am currently on a bus tour of the UK - and of course we follow the cardinal rule of bus travel. Our bus is more of a regular coach as we do no overnights. Sherry's post describes my situation except for the "making easily quarter million a year" part. 🙂 Nice hotels, mostly weekend trips we fly to (the current tour being the exception), and decent venues - theatres and concert halls on this trip (just played Royal Albert Hall in London - second time with the band!). Really wish I could get a little closer to the "easy quarter million" level... maybe in another life!
    • My organ trio did a live in-studio performance for a local podcast, and it was a good opportunity to bust out the clav as well.  
    • I'm here for my serving of crow! Looking at that Streambyter code I was sure it would act the way I said. That was not the case, as I found out after trying it. I don't understand exactly how it works, but it sure does! Another plug for this great app. Thanks for setting me straight. I'm abandoning my efforts on Bidule.   Six short lines of code, done. Scott, this is the app to get. To be fair, it helps if you've had some programming experience to get the most out of it. Mine ended with GFA Basic on the Atari ST in the 1990s, but with the help of a few newbie-tolerant folk in the Audeonic forum I've been able to duplicate my very involved AWB Bidule setup on my old iPhone. This app can do amost anything you can imagine with midi.
    • It is super easy with the settings, the buttons on the front to navigate to the right parameter, and the knob to set the value, and to save just press the knob and keep it pressed for a cpl of seconds.   I have one preset set up for split, and one for full keyboard, and the rest I control in real time with my B4D drawbar controller and some faders and buttons on my midi keyboard (for overdrive and reverb settings).
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• I remember seeing the ads in Keyboard and a picture of the Odyssey on the Musicians Friend catalog. I really wanted one but ended up with the MiniMoog because it was available. In the late 70's you didn't have a lot of choices in a small rural town. Was very interested when this came out but reviews of the horrible touch pads scared me away. Wish it had more jacks for interfacing with the Behringer 2600. Still, maybe someday. Wonder how it compares to the Korg version?
    • Carlo, you make that Oddy sound fabulous! I have a black-face Oddy and Axxe in my garage, have had both since the '80's, and both need new sliders, probably new caps, and a ton of cleaning. But hearing you play it made me feel nostalgic for that sound! Given the price of the Behringer, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new one than to fix mine.
    • OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries