Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage

Trends, tips, technology, tricks, talk, tales - it's your Open Mic. We're listening!

389374924_SSSBanner.png.7e571d00c20db24456e4aa667f41fd92.png    

Subforums

1. Sweetwater Publishing Official Support Forum

The official forum for feedback, Q&A, support, discussions, suggestions for future updates, and questions on topics covered in the books. 

26,763 topics in this forum

1. Yamaha MU100R

• 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 0 replies
  2. home-made tube eq

• 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  3. Addicted

• 7 replies
    • 2k views
    • 1 reply
  4. FIR EQ products

• 1 reply
  5. Recording direct to Tape/disc

• 28 replies
    • 5.5k views
    • 9 replies
  6. Keyboard controller

• 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 0 replies
  7. Laptop recording?

• 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 21 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 50 replies
    • 2.3k views
  8. How much should I charge?

• 2 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 16 replies
  9. MP3$$$

• 21 replies
  10. Headphones

• 14 replies
  11. Roland VP 9000!

• 9 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 3 replies
  12. CD Burning

• 8 replies
    • 3k views
    • 25 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 3 replies
  13. Guitar processor latency

• 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
    • 6 replies
    • 5 replies
  • Trending posts on MPN

• Kurzweil KB3 with a Vent for leslie sim ....     https://www.facebook.com/1557821682/videos/392091690497454/
    • His live album 'Straight To The Heart' was one of the first non-pop albums to find its way to me, and I can feel its influence in everything I play.   RIP Mr. Sanborn.    
    • Didn't Yamaha do the same with John Chowning and FM back in the 80s?
    • Not new information, but thought I would document a bit more formally, having just built one...   The Yamaha FC7 expression pedal does not work correctly with Roland, Kurzweil and Arturia gear (and there may be others) because its tip-ring polarity is wired "backwards" (at least, as far as these manufacturers are concerned).   Friend-of-the-Forum Ashby Solutions (now closed) used to sell a nicely-built, sleek cable adapter (FC7X -- "X" for "crossed"), but as those are no longer available you can easily fashion a no-soldering-required equivalent with a couple of readily available Hosa "breakout" connectors.  Here's what you need:   1 - Hosa YPP-136 Stereo Breakout (1/4" TRSF to Dual 1/4" TS) 1 - Hosa YPP-117 Stereo Breakout (1/4" TRS to Dual 1/4" TSF)   Plug them together, crossing the connectors so they line-up red/black, black/red. Voile; you have a reversed-polarity adapter. Connect it in-line between your FC7 pedal and your keyboard's Expression jack.    
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• I remember seeing the ads in Keyboard and a picture of the Odyssey on the Musicians Friend catalog. I really wanted one but ended up with the MiniMoog because it was available. In the late 70's you didn't have a lot of choices in a small rural town. Was very interested when this came out but reviews of the horrible touch pads scared me away. Wish it had more jacks for interfacing with the Behringer 2600. Still, maybe someday. Wonder how it compares to the Korg version?
    • Carlo, you make that Oddy sound fabulous! I have a black-face Oddy and Axxe in my garage, have had both since the '80's, and both need new sliders, probably new caps, and a ton of cleaning. But hearing you play it made me feel nostalgic for that sound! Given the price of the Behringer, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new one than to fix mine.
    • OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries