Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard controller

Ok, So I'm going to go with Unity DS-1 as my software sampler, now for the controller...

I'm looking at either the Fatar SL-161 or the Roland A-33. Even though the Roland is about $200 more, it seems to have a much better action than the Fatar. Is there anything else I should be looking out for???

Thanks to all!

Dave

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It depends. Do you want a weighted action/master controller sort of beast, or something more compact? Will you use it on the road, or just at home? Yamaha finally has a weighted action keyboard that supposedly feels great, and a lot of players swear by the Peavey keyboard controllers.

I use a Roland A33 for live, it's light, runs on batteries, and works. But for the studio, I bought a used Roland A80 that has the best weighted feel I've seen, even better than the A90s and any other 88key controller from ANY manufacturer. Thing is, until now I still can't figure it out. The interface makes no sense at all whatsoever. Good thing for studio use I don't need the fancy stuff.
Raul

Before you get the fatar or the Roland check out the Kurzweil PC88.

It has most of the controller features plus the best midi piano I've heard yet. It also has about 60 other good sounds.

Archived