Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage

Trends, tips, technology, tricks, talk, tales - it's your Open Mic. We're listening!

389374924_SSSBanner.png.7e571d00c20db24456e4aa667f41fd92.png    

Subforums

1. Sweetwater Publishing Official Support Forum

The official forum for feedback, Q&A, support, discussions, suggestions for future updates, and questions on topics covered in the books. 

26,760 topics in this forum

• 12 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
  1. Converter comparison

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 1k views
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Possible stolen gear...

• 11 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 25 replies
    • 6 replies
  3. vocal processor

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
  4. H&K Red Box

• 0 replies
  5. FM radio compression

• 3 replies
    • 4 replies
  6. 2,999 !!!

• 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. SDMI

• 9 replies
    • 107 replies
    • 18.6k views
    • 16 replies
    • 4 replies
  8. Advice on preamps, help with hiss

• 7 replies
    • 2 replies
  9. VH1 Style Poll

• 10 replies
    • 2 replies
  10. Laptop music

• 23 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 3 replies
  • Trending posts on MPN

• As I wrote in the iPad M4 thread, that and now this new Logic have seriously thinking about moving totally from a "desktop DAW" thing to a totally iOS thing...dithc the Mac Mini, and get one of these with the new keyboard and pen. Be a nice combo I'd think.   Logic for iOS is only going to get bigger and bigger, so I have a feeling apple are really going to support ongoing development.
    • I am seriously considering ditching the Mac mini (M2 Pro) and the whole "desktop paradigm" and springing for one of these with the magic keyboard and the pencil....IE go totally over to iOS and using Logic, and the myriad other available iOS audio apps.
    • Yup, not to mention that mid-to-top range PSR boards have had decent patches since at least the mid-90's. Their "Sweet!", "Cool!", "Live!" patches are often better sounding than their counterparts on pro boards. And by the time Tyros came along, it's simply silly to sneer at arranger boards for their patch quality. I also concur 100% with David on arranger boards being excellent music writing tools. Martin Harris and team busted their asses to audition, transcribe and program tons of songs representative of their genre. For a musician, it's like having the original band behind some of the most successful tunes at your command 24/7. It's ironic how few musicians make good use of such wonderful resources.
    • Edwards, Towns lead Wolves' 106-80 blitz of Murray, Jokic for 2-0 series lead over champion Nuggets The Timberwolves dominated the defending champion Nuggets in Denver. Now, I feel like their sweep of the Suns in the first round says more about how great Minnesota is rather than how bad Phoenix is. Can the Nuggets win a game in Minnesota, or will they get swept like the Suns? Best, Geoff
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• Carlo, you make that Oddy sound fabulous! I have a black-face Oddy and Axxe in my garage, have had both since the '80's, and both need new sliders, probably new caps, and a ton of cleaning. But hearing you play it made me feel nostalgic for that sound! Given the price of the Behringer, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new one than to fix mine.
    • OT - just a comment on the original white face Oddy - I modified mine so I had an octave up/down switch. Also changed the pitch knob to one which had a notch sticking out so that I could curl my little finger round it and be confident that I could return it to the neutral position. And I managed to rewire the modulation slider on the first oscillator so that the second oscillator modulated too. It was all very ambitious of me, with not much real understanding of what I was doing, but it worked nicely. i hung onto it for years, only selling it off about 10 years ago. Nowadays I occasionally use the app on the iPad. It’s close enough for me.
    • Waaaay back when....I bought a white face ARP Odyssey off a friend of our drummer. Never had my eye on one, but it was a great deal and I needed one more synth for my rig. Probably did 200 gigs with it. I used it a ton, and it never let me down. I eventually sold it to help pay for a brand new DX7 when they first hit the streets. (Ya, it was that long ago) I honestly have never missed it - not even once, and would not buy another one, regardless of who makes it or how inexpensive they are. Too many better options out there these days. Odysseys always sounded a little too "thin" for my tastes. I much prefer a synth that can do "fat".....and any 37 note keyboards are generally an automatic  pass for me now.
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries