Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

POD in effects loop?

Anyone tried to use the Line6 POD in an effects loop? I have a Mackie 1202VLZ Pro and was getting some pretty weird results when trying this. Probably an obvious one but hey, what do I know, I'm just a guitarist! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

What I'd ultimately like to do is record parts dry in Digital Performer and add the POD processing later. Anyone else doing this?

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't tried that myself, but I would think that the level mis-match between an insert or aux output (line level) and the POD input (high-impedance instrument level) as well as the POD output (high-impedance instrument level) to the line level inputs of an insert would change the sound - if not make it seriously distorted, lossy, or something.

Have you tried an a/b test using a POD preset with recording it direct and then trying it as an insert. I can't imagine that it would sound the same - but I'm certainly willing to be wrong about this.

I thought you had to use something like "reamp" or other impedance matching device to do this.

------------------

Larry W.

[This message has been edited by lwilliam (edited 08-11-2000).]

Larry W.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived