Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the overdriven Hammond in this.

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

• 2 weeks later...

So I was geeking on some Barry Harris concept for awhile lost of the world of so many possible sounds.    I finally take a break and realized after all the Barry deep dive I need a Funk break so I put on Prince.   Dam I love Rock/R&B with horns.    So when going deep into some concept your brain needs a Funk break before heading back in.

7 minutes ago, JazzPiano88 said:

Dixie Dregs.    Medley (Fun to watch!)

Ive been on a Steve Morse Band and Dregs binge the past few weeks as I've had car trips to Reno and Monterey. Had this one on a few times in past few days.  That Bring Em Back Alive album has a magic sound and vibe that captures my imagination and blows me away every time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This whole album is a thing of unique beauty. He's a fine guitarist who apparently has a very good grip on an effects vault.

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

3 hours ago, JohnH said:

Ive been on a Steve Morse Band and Dregs binge the past few weeks as I've had car trips to Reno and Monterey. Had this one on a few times in past few days.  That Bring Em Back Alive album has a magic sound and vibe that captures my imagination and blows me away every time.

Wow someone else remembers this band. "What If" is by far my fav album. Kind of thing I can always go back to. Morse is easily on a very short list of greatest guitarists ever.

On a darker note (sorry), thinking of someone I lost and this tune just strikes a chord (pardon the pun): 

• Like 1

Mel Torme channeling Nightfly Donald Fagen channeling Xavier Cugat

• Like 1

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

That overdriven organ intro! Waking up the neighbors with my Mojo 61 on this one.

The one and only Jon Lord.

• Like 1