Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Docbop said:

I dig Jose James and how he does FreeStyle Fellowship's  Park Bench People.      The keyboard player looks kinda like Nick Semrad???

If memory serves, Frank Locrasto was playing keys with José. I’m a big fan of his since back in the day.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Film & The BB's.  So freaking good!

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

New King Gizz on the horizon. ProgMetal this time around. Sounds like Dream Theater with more listenable vocals. Stu sounds like he stole John Petrucci's guitar rig. Very Stonehenge, very fun!

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

A very underrated album for vocals and keys and arrangements. Paich and Porcaro always adding the right amount of keyboard color.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

A very underrated album for sure.  I think they had to follow up the monster that was Toto IV, but there was also the challenge of replacing Bobby Kimball.  Unfortunately, the album bombed.  Too bad, too, because it really is a great album.

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

On 5/21/2023 at 4:27 AM, stoken6 said:

Love the story/engineering behind this track. They kind of recreated the Mellotron with a different playing surface. 

A totally unique approach from a totally unique band (there is a plugin that recreates that sound FYI). So underappreciated IMO. (Side note: clearly the studio track is superimposed on the video above, that's not a live take)

Listening to an old "fav" of mine, Eric Johnson's Ah Via Musicom...one of those rare albums where I like every song. 

It's Saturday night so listening to some old favorites like Sly Store doing Que Sera, Sera.  I remember Sly dated Doris Day for awhile so could be why he did this cover of the tune.   That's one freaky image thinking about Doris and Sly gettin freaky, but if they were smiling all's good. 

• Love 1

Reliving my the good times at International Musician Summit 2023 by listening to this recording.  It was the one portion of the concert we were not only allowed to record but also encouraged to do so.

Guitar - Erick Walls

Bass - Thurman "Peanut" Woods

Drums - Jeremy Haynes ( I think )

Organ - Stephen Pender

Keys -  Stephon Goodwin ( I think ) 

Sax - ???

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/10/2023 at 12:21 PM, GovernorSilver said:

"Aja"  covered by only a trio.   This trio is pretty damned skilled tho

one of my all time favorites.  However, those spiral cymbals...........   those would be a good candidate for discussion in that earlier crash cymbal thread 😂. I guess with just the three of them, you can take some liberties in filling the sonic spectrum

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

• 2 weeks later...

only came across this by accident playing an A[Apple programmed playlist... brilliant song from d4vd - Here With Me

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things