Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

On 1/8/2024 at 12:53 PM, GovernorSilver said:

This is great!  Really captures it.     One minor nit....  The pianist is playing too lightly.   I would cut the volume and really dig into those chords.  That's the way Omar really made that piano part..  banging the Sh%^  out of that piano.  The CP4 piano sound is spot on!

• Like 1

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent down on high from God.     I had to pull this up after the thread on covering Oboes for recording tracks.

• Like 2

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

On 1/26/2024 at 9:56 PM, Leroy C said:

Hard to top this!  Technically the best lineup in therms of chops.   Everything is so crisp and non-sloppy, IMO

• Love 1

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Filmed at her wedding of all places, still waiting on a live version. A song to her Daughter who is in the video (interestingly Sven and Torbjorn fro Royksopp also make cameos)

Stuff: Roland:SH-201/U-110/S-330/TR-626/M-48 Akai: miniAK/S6000 Yamaha:DX9/HS8/xs7 Korg:05R/W/AX10G Alesis: Vortex MK1 CME: UF70 classic V2/WIDI Behringer: DSP2024Px2/UMC204HD/101/340/D/03/8 ESI:1010e

When the son is as much of a badass as his dad  Rocco Palladino son of Pino.     When Pino isn't available for one of his past artist he worked for Rocco is now getting the gigs.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Docbop said:

When the son is as much of a badass as his dad  Rocco Palladino son of Pino.     When Pino isn't available for one of his past artist he worked for Rocco is now getting the gigs.   

Pino's the man! Questlove just did an episode with him and it's a great listen if you're a fan

• Like 1

Jazz is the teacher, Funk is the preacher!

"A Father To A Son" (not shareable video, I guess).

This one gives me a bit of a late sixties/early seventies vibe, the way the vocals sound (a bit of U.K. almost), the piano, the strings, the harmonizing vocals, and especially the end almost gives me a Beatles/George Martin vibe.

What do you think?  Am I delusional or do you get that vibe, too?

The Staves.  I saw them open for Nickel Creek last night.  Lovely stuff.  I've been around a while and seen hundreds of shows, but this was the first time I've seen the headliner (i.e. Chris Thile) come out and introduce the warmup act and talk them up.  A small but generous gesture :)

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I don't know how I never knew about this before. The first few times I heard it I thought it was a 60s surf band I had never heard of. Then I looked it up and it is Mike Campbell, Benmont Tench, and Ron Blair of The Heartbreakers along with Randall Marsh of Mudcrutch from a surf album they did in the late 90s.

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact

Think back on when I hung up my Rock shoes this was one example of the music of the times.    I liked the Thompson Twins, Motels,  Till Tuesday, X, Oingo Boingo.  Duran Duran, Howard Jones, cool stuff for the time. 

On 1/26/2024 at 8:56 PM, Leroy C said:

A great lineup and unfairly disparaged album by many Yes fans. Squier shines throughout. I love this. I Am A Camera is terrific also.

• Like 1

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson