Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Keyboard Corner

Synths, pianos, software, analog, digital, modeling, virtual instruments, programming tips - this is the place on the web for discussions, debates, opinions and assistance...and the occasional sports thread.

11594965545_282c74d7ea_o.jpg.e3b7814ba5300332fb257afa0b249ec5.jpg   

Subforums

1. Repairs and Mods

Repairs, modifications, tips, tricks and other suggestions for ailing keyboards and synthesizers.

67,074 topics in this forum

1. Hammond XK-2?

• 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 5 replies
  2. pc recording

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 38 replies
    • 4.2k views
  3. Roland Vocal card ...

• 2 replies
    • 5 replies
  4. I was just remebering!!

• 6 replies
    • 2 replies
  5. MIDI DRIVER

• 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 11 replies
  6. Music and the night

• 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 43 replies
  7. calboration

• 0 replies
  8. Os for the S900 akai

• 1 reply
  9. Can the Virus do this?

• 4 replies
    • 54 replies
    • 6 replies
  10. THE USA - Check it out

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  11. Yamaha P120?

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  12. Windows Media Player Skins

• 5 replies
  13. Logic vs. Cubase vs. etc.

• 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
  14. You CAN believe this! 1 2

• 30 replies
  15. new Wakeman video

• 13 replies
    • 1 reply
  16. delete

• 16 replies
  • Trending posts on MPN

• Anyone here see Bernstein's Young People's Concerts while still a Young Person?  I saw one or two when I was around ten or eleven, and they changed my life.   It was not only Bernstein's intensity and dramatic presentation, but he brought to the surface for me a feeling that had just begun to sprout deep somewhere in my very young self, that music could be a serious thing and a universe in and of itself, worthy of your hardest efforts and deepest responses.     There were fifty-three episodes over fourteen years - I had no idea.  Access to media was quite constrained in the late 50s, early 60s.  They are all on YouTube.     But maybe you would prefer something a bit more recent, a bit more targeted to adults with serious musical interests.   I highly, highly recommend the series produced by the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, the Inside Chamber Music lectures by Bruce Adolphe.  Again, these are all on YouTube, and there are at least 63 of them (apparently some are "hidden", whatever that means in YT.)  Adolphe is entertaining, massively informed, engaging, amusing, an actual composer of repute, and his lectures hit a very sweet spot that speaks to both serious musicians and serious listeners.   This one about Beethoven is a great example, but there are so many lectures that cover such a diversity of composers and time periods.....   nat      
    • <sigh> power and wealth.  the first two ingredients in corruption.  
    • Related to this, apparently Manny's is coming back!   https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/vista-musical-instruments-acquires-trademarks-mannys-sam-ash-music/   Looks like the trademark was purchased from Sam Ash back in January. Interesting....   If you're not familiar with Meng Ru Kuok, here is an article on him......he's got many tentacles in many music spaces....   https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/people/meng-ru-kuok/    
    • Social media certainly is the single greatest vehicle for conspiracy theories built on lazy research, old debunked articles and webs of assumptions creating lines between everything and anything. If you have a camera and speak coherently with a reasonably developed vocabulary you’re now an expert.  😂. Better yet, one might become a reliable source for another conspiracy theorist to propagate and perpetuate all manner of myths.  
    • Hello folks,   This is not really related to anything, but I stumbled upon a pretty cool live album (bootleg) of The Crusaders playing in Japan in 1978 that I thought others here would dig. This performance has Billy Rogers on guitar - his tone and cutting is so crunchy...I love it.  Of course, the rest of the band, including Joe Sample, are on fine form too!   I tend to prefer the Crusaders late 60s/early 70s output, however this live performance is really good!         Enjoy!   Cheers, James x
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries