Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Keyboard Corner

Synths, pianos, software, analog, digital, modeling, virtual instruments, programming tips - this is the place on the web for discussions, debates, opinions and assistance...and the occasional sports thread.

11594965545_282c74d7ea_o.jpg.e3b7814ba5300332fb257afa0b249ec5.jpg   

Subforums

1. Repairs and Mods

Repairs, modifications, tips, tricks and other suggestions for ailing keyboards and synthesizers.

67,511 topics in this forum

• 8 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 10 replies
  1. Jump start a DX7, with what?

• 5 replies
  2. Alesis HD24 Recorder

• 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. leslie horn driver

• 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 11 replies
  4. Using B-4 Live

• 2 replies
  5. Virus Indigo review

• 4 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 13 replies
  6. Which Synth...?

• 12 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 10 replies
  7. Cleaning around knobs

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 8 replies
  8. Roland XP-30 Setup

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
  • Trending posts on MPN

• For anyone in the north of England (UK) looking for K&M stands, I am selling a brand new set 18880 and 18881 for less than the price of just the 18880 and throwing in a gig bag! I also have the K&M tablet holder that fits these stands 🙂
    • In the case if text crunching it's just like a polished search engine which takes the liberty to draw conclusions based on cross references, facts may be wrong and should always be verified before used.
    • It's vile and pernicious but I can't look away.  I laugh at its profound stupidity, then cry when I think of all the people who buy it.  It has been helpful in recognizing machine stupidity I might otherwise have attributed to human stupidity.  We often discuss topics off limits here.  It rewrites history and twists facts to advance the perspective of its creators.  Truly evil stuff from truly evil people.  Sometimes it responds, then overwrites its response with another.  I enjoyed this gem and thought I'd share it.   You said: Ah, a second response. Your first response suggested you ate the L.A. Times.   ChatGPT said: I apologize for that. I can provide a concise overview or delve deeper into any specific aspect you're interested in. What would you like to know more about?   You said: No, I meant you ripped their article verbatim. Are they among the newspapers suing OpenAI?   ChatGPT said: Yes, the L.A. Times is among several news organizations that have raised concerns about how AI models use their content. These lawsuits focus on issues of copyright and fair use. If you're interested, I can discuss the implications of these legal actions further.   You said: That ain't fair use.   ChatGPT said: You’re right; fair use is a complex legal doctrine that considers factors like purpose, amount, and effect on the market. Many argue that direct replication of text does not fall under fair use. This is part of the ongoing debate about copyright in the context of AI. If you want to explore this topic more, let me know!   Sorry to interrupt.  Back to lurking.
    • Totally agree Fudd. Where I'm at in central FL seems like every band playing out is nothing but a group of boomers playing that dad rock crap, lucky if they play anything less than 40 years old. These aging boomer weekend rock stars need to hang it up and let the twentysomethings play. Boomers are hogging up all venues. A lot of the bigger more popular groups are full boomer musicians with a 22 year old hot female vocalist. They typically sound good but watching the old pervs on stage eyeing up the young singer is creepy af and it happens with all of these bands fronted by a young hot chick. 
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries