Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha CK61 and CK88

2 hours ago, danskeys said:

I soooo wish there was a ~23lb GHS keybed in a CK73

1 hour ago, AnotherScott said:

Since you'd be willing to go up to a 23 lb 73-key for something with a keyspan and feel you'd prefer, you might also look at a Kurzweil SP6-7, it's 17.53 lbs, 76 keys.

You want hammer action @danskeys? I'm with you - a CK73 with the 73 keys from the (presumably now discontinued) P121 and CP73/YC73 would be great. 

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

The speakers on the CK61 faced downwards, if I remember right, and I think they're a little less powerful than the P-125 speakers. I tried it in a store, so YMMV, but next to each other, the P-125 won, in that dept, IMO.

The keys felt and looked very much like the keys on a nearby under-$400 Yamaha e-series arranger keyboard... but they felt a little springier, and like there was slightly more initial resistance to overcome. On Syntaur, they look like completely different parts for the 2 models, but next to each other, installed in the keyboards, the keys seemed really really similar. If a nearby store has a Yamaha arranger around that price range, that would be about what to expect for keys.

I'm trying to decide between a few different models right now, including a heavier triple sensor model... however, if they made a CK73 with the BHS or GHS keys, $1200, then that would make it an easy decision for me.

In the store, I decided I wouldn't like the CK61, because I try to play delicately too often, and I couldn't do that so well in the store. Maybe someone better than me would adjust quicker. I suspect that this keyboard is better for folks who like to shred, for people who play fast.

IMO, obv

With such a clear success of the CK series, I wonder if they considered, or are considering a CK73?  I would buy it in a second.  Yamaha has done the three-boards options on many lines going back a long time.  Why not the CK?  Come on, Yamaha, we need the CK73!

Artomas, I worry that I will agree with you on the keybed of the CK61, but the CK88 is too big for my purposes.  But for my use of the CK61, I'm hoping I can live with the keybed.

4 hours ago, danskeys said:

Regarding the CK61 FSB keybed...it doesn't look like I can try this out anywhere, so I'm looking for some opinions from those who have played it.  I am a piano player at heart, but I really want a *very* portable keyboard with speakers for traveling.  I have a Nord Stage 4 HA73 for serious playing--and that one is pretty portable compared to 88-note boards.  But it's still too heavy for grabbing from my attic studio and throwing in the car for a quick trip.  I soooo wish there was a ~23lb GHS keybed in a CK73.  Would literally be the unicorn keyboard I've been searching for.  But there isn't.  All this to lead up to the real question: is there any way I will adjust to, and find acceptable, the keybed on the CK61 as a keyboard/piano player that hasn't played an unweighed keybed since my Kurzweil K1000 back in the 90s?  While I'm not super picky, and I understand the huge tradeoffs in getting a 12 pound (!!!) keyboard with speakers, I just don't know how I'll adjust to a 5-octive FSB keybed.  I'm convinced I will be good with the sounds and features of the CK61, but I'm not sure if I'll find it acceptable to play!  Opinions would be appreciated.

Hello Dan, my opinion , I've owned several Yamaha boards in the last 30+ years (Sy55,Motif 6, P95, P105 briefly, and P125 for 5 years). The keys feel nice to me, and not spongy (like an older light edition Korg Triton that I did like). My portable board has been the P125, but I am going to start taking the 61 out.

Granted the speakers aren't as deep as the P125, I don't know if that will matter as I usually have a small PA to connct to.

To me , its a fun board to play and I would have loved this back in the day of my Sy55 - portable 12 pounds, etc.

In my opinion, for a 61 key board, I prefer the CK61 but for the 88- I am totally fine with the P125 due to better speakers.

Very late to this party, and a lot to read through but can I ask a question?

I had a YC61, loved the sound, but not the keybed. Preferred the Roland VR09. Anyway, sold both on when I was in a ‘no more gigging for me’ mood.

I believe in building a rig around the keyboard you ‘want’ to play with sounds and features that you ‘need’. For me, that keyboard is a Korg Grandstage 73.

The setup I had was perfect for gigging: GS audio into the YC and an iPad also into the YC so just two audio outs and everything mixed nicely through the YC.

I really can’t justify buying a YC for fun and ‘might gig with it’ and the only board that is similar with those same quality of life features is the CK61.

Mixed reviews about it. Some say it sounds just like the YC, others say it sounds thin. I know the organ is not the same modelled version, but I just need a big dirty, or clean and smooth organ now and again, I am a piano player, not an organ player. Some organ demos sounded pretty good to me and, again, if its as good as a VR its fine for my needs. I liked the VR09 keybed too so happy if its like that. I dont need weighted or waterfall.

Bottom line is, I can get a refurb CK61 with full warranty from Yamaha for almost half the price I paid for the YC61 and I can justify that sort of price, so long as its not a complete dog.

Given that it has the features I liked from the YC, am I likely to find it a suitable replacement? I have the Korg for piano’s/EPs, so I would be looking at the other sorts of ‘bread and butter’ sounds and there is always additional sounds from the iPad. However, always handy to have decent pianos etc. when taking the CK to a jam or rehearsal without taking the much heavier Korg.

Oh, and I like to have different manufacturers sounds, so wouldn’t want another Korg as a top board so I am looking for Roland or Yamaha.

Sorry for the long monologue there, just thought it was worth giving the question some context.

P.S I love that idea of triggering wave as demonstrated in the Bonners video, that could be invaluable for doing covers….presuming you could use a whole backing track if necessary??

• Like 1

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

2 hours ago, Paul Woodward said:

long as its not a complete dog.

Given that it has the features I liked from the YC, am I likely to find it a suitable replacement?

Soundset in many of the more basic instances (piano, EP, etc) is derived from the CP/YC (though it also has way more sounds in total), so if you like some of those sounds such as the CFX you have a good idea of what to expect. Action is light and smooth compared to the VR09 which is very "harsh" in its springiness. I think I prefer the overall organ sound from VR09, has more punch and tweakability, but for basic organ functions the CK is decent. Connectivity, as you've expressed, is much more featured on the CK than the VR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Woodward said:

the only board that is similar with those same quality of life features is the CK61.

Mixed reviews about it. Some say it sounds just like the YC, others say it sounds thin. I know the organ is not the same modelled version

It does not sound like a YC. The organ/rotary is significantly different, as are many of the other sounds. Not only doesn't the CK have the YC's organ engine, it also doesn't have its FM engine. It also doesn't have all the same AWM2 (sampled) sounds, even though it has more of them. So don't expect you'll necessarily have your favorite YC sounds available.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Thanks guys, given the YC is still for sale and at least double the price, it is inevitable that there would be limitations, otherwise they would sell more of these than the YC. Would be great to try one, but not really practical at the moment. Watching a few online demos and its sounds pretty good.

• Like 1

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

8 hours ago, Fleer said:

I’d say go for it. It’s a crazy little beast. 

Just ordered. They have a 14 day return window, and I am driving past their premises later next week so could drop it back at no additional cost if its not right for me.

IPad integration is a given as I have an iPad 9 here, and there are lots of workable sounds in Korg Module to extend or ‘beef up’ those in the CK. I can see this being a lightweight practice board to carry around and leave the Grandstage at home. That is why I have been looking at boards that integrate IOS devices. Almost every other feature of the YC is in there (splits, four zone master, audio in etc.)

Being able to have three zones, layer any sounds (always one organ on YC) and that handy little wave trigger function actually put this ahead of the YC for my needs.

I have to admit that, in my time with the YC, I never used the drawbars once when playing, only to tweak the sounds before saving so as lovely a feature as that was, it was wasted on me.

P.S Not that another YC was in my sights, but I cant believe the prices of the YC on eBay and other marketplaces; going for between £1500 and £2000!! Makes £650 for a CK61 look like a bargain! 

• Like 3

How is the action (piano & organ) on the CK61 compared to a Casio Ct-S500/1000v (which i currently own)?  I have a line on a very very cheap used CK-61, but it seems like in comparing the two for what i do, i'd only really be buying the Yammy piano sample and the convenience of built-in drawbars.  i.e. the CK61 organ is kinda crappy, so i'd be using vb3m either way.  I use a native B4D drawbar controller for vb3m with the Casio, but hate hauling it around.

• Like 1

Well, after much deliberation I bought a CK-61 (refurbed by Yamaha) for a reduced price. It arrived and looks absolutely brand new and with full 2 year warranty.

I was hesitant given some views about thin sounds and poor keybed but, even with the speakers on (which are much better than expected) and no tweaking of EQ etc. these sounds are not thin, quite the opposite. I am reminded of the patches in the YC61 which needed tweaking to suit and, so far, I am not 'lacking' anything from that board (those LED drawbars, while cool, were never used).

As for the keybed, delighted with it, but that's probably because I am not looking for something weighted for serious piano work, and I was considering getting another VR09 so that keybed was my benchmark here.

You can get more expression from this keybed should you 'need' to cover some piano work at a push, but its light and responsive enough to play fast organ and synths. Its better than the YC61 for me as that had a horrible resistance which made playing sluggish. Plus, this is nice and quiet.

The wav playback feature is going to be very useful, as is the three split zones. That is essentially four sounds from the board at any one time and as a top board that is great. The interface is what the YC should have been; easy to read, assignable colours etc. I know of users who had to add strips of tape to the YC just to see the different sections on stage.

So, to summarise on a first play out of the box, this looks like a steal at what I paid (£650 delivered) compared to almost £2k for a YC which I ended up hating. It has some more features, its only at the beginning of its retail life (so scope for many new updates) and already does much of what I will need.

I am actually looking forward to digging in later but first impressions are positive (and that is coming from both YC61 and VR09). I know where this fits into my rig and how the other equipment integrates (iPad over USB and audio and MIDI in from my Korg Piano for instance).

I think if you take it for what it is, and dont expect a stage piano replacement (maybe CK88 for that?), there is a lot there for your money

• Like 3

5 hours ago, D. Gauss said:

How is the action (piano & organ) on the CK61 compared to a Casio Ct-S500/1000v (which i currently own)?  I have a line on a very very cheap used CK-61, but it seems like in comparing the two for what i do, i'd only really be buying the Yammy piano sample and the convenience of built-in drawbars.  i.e. the CK61 organ is kinda crappy, so i'd be using vb3m either way.  I use a native B4D drawbar controller for vb3m with the Casio, but hate hauling it around.

I connected a Korg Grandstage with RH3 to see if the CK could be as expressive as that. Obviously it lacks the nuances of a weighed board but it performed well and you can get the full range of velocity playing expressively. Im certainly not a Hammond player, but these organs sound just as good to me as those I used on the YC, that is to say, in a band situation where they will cut through. Solo organ, maybe not.
I ran the line in from Korg GS to CK and iPad (Korg Module) over USB. That was up to seven sounds stacked at one point. My ears are still recovering 🙂
I am really happy with this in ways that I never was with the YC (and my wallet thanks me too). Proper pitch and mod wheels (like DX7), recessed connections (hated the cables sticking directly out of back of the YC, and a nice quiet key bed. Stack any three sounds, two splits, wave playback are all great quality of life improvements.

Also, I had a niggle with the YC where it would only output midi over DIN or USB, not both. The CK does while also accepting midi in. Maybe the YC does, but I’m impressed that this has some of those pro functions.

• Like 1

That's great to hear you're happy with the decision, Paul. I had the same first impressions and the more I use my CK61, the more I like it. I never intended to use its onboard organ, as USBAudio was one of the strongest buying features. Wish there were a couple more AP/EPs (as I mentioned before, perhaps in a firmware update). I'd also like to see, or build, a holder for an iPad clamp, similar to the music rest holder on the 88, but with the flat back it should be fairly easy to design something.

Be sure to check out what the Filter & EG knobs can do for you. 

• Like 1

Here for the gear.

1 hour ago, drawback said:

That's great to hear you're happy with the decision, Paul. I had the same first impressions and the more I use my CK61, the more I like it. I never intended to use its onboard organ, as USBAudio was one of the strongest buying features. Wish there were a couple more AP/EPs (as I mentioned before, perhaps in a firmware update). I'd also like to see, or build, a holder for an iPad clamp, similar to the music rest holder on the 88, but with the flat back it should be fairly easy to design something.

Be sure to check out what the Filter & EG knobs can do for you. 

I designed and printed an iPad holder for my Roland A800 back in the day, but nowhere to attach one to the 61. I have a K&M tablet holder for my K&M stands.

As for the CK, I am happy with it. It’s not a YC, nor will it ever be at this price, nor does it replace a weighed board IMO. The CK61 is a great top board and, as you say integrates with IOS perfectly. It also does midi in from an external board, midi out to another board AND midi over USB at the same time. I seem to recall my YC wouldn’t do that. I have a nice tidy setup with most of what I had or needed with the YC but a fair bit more cash in my pocket. My whole set up (without the monitor), even with a weighted Korg Piano, is still under 20kg. Win, win.

IMG_0002.jpeg

9 minutes ago, ewall08530 said:

“Stack any three sounds, two splits, wave playback are all great quality of life improvement”

Paul, the CK’s can split 3 sounds. 

I was talking about the CK, and two splits is three sounds. The YC only had one split point…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Woodward said:

Well, after much deliberation I bought a CK-61 (refurbed by Yamaha) for a reduced price. It arrived and looks absolutely brand new and with full 2 year warranty.

I was hesitant given some views about thin sounds and poor keybed but, even with the speakers on (which are much better than expected) and no tweaking of EQ etc. these sounds are not thin, quite the opposite. I am reminded of the patches in the YC61 which needed tweaking to suit and, so far, I am not 'lacking' anything from that board (those LED drawbars, while cool, were never used).

As for the keybed, delighted with it, but that's probably because I am not looking for something weighted for serious piano work, and I was considering getting another VR09 so that keybed was my benchmark here.

You can get more expression from this keybed should you 'need' to cover some piano work at a push, but its light and responsive enough to play fast organ and synths. Its better than the YC61 for me as that had a horrible resistance which made playing sluggish. Plus, this is nice and quiet.

The wav playback feature is going to be very useful, as is the three split zones. That is essentially four sounds from the board at any one time and as a top board that is great. The interface is what the YC should have been; easy to read, assignable colours etc. I know of users who had to add strips of tape to the YC just to see the different sections on stage.

So, to summarise on a first play out of the box, this looks like a steal at what I paid (£650 delivered) compared to almost £2k for a YC which I ended up hating. It has some more features, its only at the beginning of its retail life (so scope for many new updates) and already does much of what I will need.

I am actually looking forward to digging in later but first impressions are positive (and that is coming from both YC61 and VR09). I know where this fits into my rig and how the other equipment integrates (iPad over USB and audio and MIDI in from my Korg Piano for instance).

I think if you take it for what it is, and dont expect a stage piano replacement (maybe CK88 for that?), there is a lot there for your money

Yay!!

I picked up a 61.  Initial thoughts:

Key action is similar to but better than that on the YC61 I had for a time.  The initial weight hill isn't so much to climb, still pretty good for pianos, but also much better for Hammond playing: I can machine gun on it no worries.  I like it, it doesn't get in the way and yet facilitates expression better than most synth-style actions.

I generally like Yamaha pianos but these sound a bit thin.

The distortion dirties up the wurli samples nicely.  

The Hammond is imo quite serviceable: I reckon I could get through a Hammond-centric gig without any embarrassment.  I pull a drawbar combination and ramp up the rotary and get pretty much what I expect.  No it's not in the same league as a Mojo/SKpro/HX3/Mag, but I don't find myself feeling there's something wrong with it (so for me better than Roland, Nord, Kurz or the Yamaha YC). The rotary effects are both better than that on the Reface, not sure if one is the same as that in the updated YC but I find the interaction between the drawbars, the rotary effect and the drive is more satisfying than on either the YC or the Reface.

Cutoff AND resonance & attack AND release with their own knobs on the top panel is so much better than the wtf combo arrangement on the YC.  Very easy to tweak things to what you want on the fly.

Much easier to see at a glance what I need to tweak compared to the YC which always made me stop to think for a bit with the layout and colour scheme (or lack thereof).  Haven't needed the manual yet.  Such a turnaround from Yamaha's typical 'you can save one button press to complete a process compared to other companies' board's if you'd just rewire your brain to think like we want you to' approach.

Very lightweight, I might need to velcro it to the stand so I don't send it flying with a palm swipe.

Crazy good for the money.  I think it'd easily win a poor man's Nord award.  Except that I prefer it to Nord's Electro and Stage offerings 😮.  I can definitely see why it's selling like hotcakes.

• Like 7

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

On 9/19/2023 at 8:25 AM, D. Gauss said:

How is the action (piano & organ) on the CK61 compared to a Casio Ct-S500/1000v (which i currently own)?

Out of the box, I thought piano played quite a bit better on the Casio than on the CK. But with tweaking of the velocity parameters, I got a lot happier with the CK, to the point where I thought it was the better of the two. Subsequently, I decided I wasn't so sure about that, and decided I still probably preferred the Casio, but it's no longer a blow-out. Maybe more tweaking could further favor the Yamaha, I don't know. Rhodes, OTOH, was clearly more satisfying on the Yamaha (again, once I had tweaked the velocity parameters), probably due to the fact that the Rhodes sound itself is so much better. The Casio's isn't terrible, but the Yamaha's is really good.

11 hours ago, niacin said:

The Hammond is imo quite serviceable: I reckon I could get through a Hammond-centric gig without any embarrassment.  I pull a drawbar combination and ramp up the rotary and get pretty much what I expect.  No it's not in the same league as a Mojo/SKpro/HX3/Mag, but I don't find myself feeling there's something wrong with it (so for me better than Roland, Nord, Kurz or the Yamaha YC).

To me, "serviceable" is about as good as the CK gets in the organ department. I'd prefer the YC, Nord, Roland, or Kurz (probably in that order), though I find the Kurz fussy... sometimes it works pretty well for me, sometimes it doesn't, so there may be times I'd take the CK.

But my opinion is no more valid than yours, of course. Though I wonder if our demands are different. For example, I play in mono, and look for rock rather than jazz sounds. If I were playing in stereo or playing a different repertoire, my rankings own rankings might differ.

The rotary effects are both better than that on the Reface, not sure if one is the same as that in the updated YC but I find the interaction between the drawbars, the rotary effect and the drive is more satisfying than on either the YC or the Reface.

Neither CK rotary is the same as in the updated YC (which I greatly prefer). One of them seems like it is the same as the rotary effect that is in the general effect section of the YC (as opposed to one of the YC's organ-engine-specific implementations)... which happened to be the one that Woody liked best when he reviewed the version of the YC before its main rotary update. (I can't compare to Reface, I haven't played that one.)

Very lightweight, I might need to velcro it to the stand so I don't send it flying with a palm swipe.

Yes. If I were going to use it as a main organ board, I also had the thought that it would have to be velcro'd.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

7 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

I'd prefer the YC, Nord, Roland, or Kurz (probably in that order), though I find the Kurz fussy... sometimes it works pretty well for me, sometimes it doesn't, so there may be times I'd take the CK.

But my opinion is no more valid than yours, of course. Though I wonder if our demands are different. For example, I play in mono, and look for rock rather than jazz sounds.

sorry i was light on info. I’m in mono, and everything from a Santana tribute to a soul jazz trio.

For me Roland (owned a VR-09) is more ballsey but the top drawbars aren’t right and the rotary is chorusy/phasey syrup.  The updated YC (owned one) rotary is still squirrelly with the top drawbars out.  I’ve never heard Kurz (played and listened to a PC4) sound convincing either on the drawbar or rotary front but maybe tweaking can get you there.  And i agree with Jim Alfredson’s statement about Nord’s clonewheel (briefly owned an Electro 5 and have heard Nords live more than a few times) it sounds like a synthesist’s idea of a Hammond, there’s something lifeless about it that just doesn’t remind me at all of a real wheezing spitting tonewheel monster, and I’d say the same of their pipe organ model, it sounds so lifeless to me.  For those reasons I find none of them serviceable cause there’s something that will annoy me while I’m trying to focus on playing.  Hope that helps explain a bit, and sure everyone is welcome to disagree 😀

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Having had the 61 for several months, my assessment of it still agrees with Niacin's very positive review.  It's been a great tool for me because these days it seems like every time I'm playing with other musicians (as opposed to solo piano), it's a quick set up and play instantly sort of scenario where I really appreciate having one lightweight do it all board.  I even appreciate the battery power because it frees me from worrying whether I'm near an outlet or bringing an extension chord.

The only part of the CK Hammond sound I'm having a serious problem with is the key click. To my ear it sounds nothing close to natural, it sounds disconnected from the underlying tone, and it pierces through the mix in an unpleasant way.  And there's no way to turn it off or tame it except with the equalizer, which of course affects the rest of the tone.  I usually use B3X with the internal organ as backup, and that works great, but if the key click were better I'd probably use the internal organ more (which would make set up and breakdown even simpler).

• Like 3

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

It’s important to remember this is a ‘budget’ YC/CP so the samples might not be ‘quite’ so rich and full. Nor will the organ match the VCM organs of the YC but look what it inherits: IOS integration, USB audio interface, audio in, same screen (YC deserved better), master keyboard functions.

Where it betters the YC: interface is great with customisable leds and buttons you can read in the dark, layer ANY three sounds, have two split points/three zones, wave playback, proper mod/pitch wheels, recessed connections (really, that works well), and dare I say, a key bed that is more playable.

It could never have the exact same sounds as the YC or everyone would buy it and make the YC obsolete.

That it offers what it does for less than half the price is impressive.

Off topic, is there a reason the CK (and the YC) would be limited to the program change messages it receives?

I connected my Grandstage which has banks A1 to A8, then B1 etc. I checked in a Korg forum and it should send program changes 0-64 but the CK won’t recognise any changes after the first 8. So A1 selects 1.1 on the CK, A2 selects 1.2 etc. 

Only gets to 1.8 but when I change to B2…nothing. Only that first 8 work. This also happened with the YC61 so logic says it’s the Korg, but it works with other gear.

any ideas?

21 hours ago, Paul Woodward said:

It also does midi in from an external board, midi out to another board AND midi over USB at the same time

Top marks Yamaha. It's this kind of versatility that makes a purchase worthwhile. The CK61 can be a couch keyboard, campfire board, rehearsal board, 30-min festival set board - all on its own - AND can play nicely with other gear as part of a larger rig.

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paul Woodward said:

Off topic, is there a reason the CK (and the YC) would be limited to the program change messages it receives?

I connected my Grandstage which has banks A1 to A8, then B1 etc. I checked in a Korg forum and it should send program changes 0-64 but the YC won’t recognise any changes after the first 8. So A1 selects 1.1 on the CK, A2 selects 1.2 etc. 

Only gets to 1.8 but when I change to B2…nothing. Only that first 8 work.

any ideas?

Yup. Grandstage has one bank of 64 sounds; CK has 20 banks of 8 sounds. You'd need to use MSB/LSB to access sounds in the other banks after the first one (the LSB changes, see page 58 of the manual). Unlike the Grandstage, the CK had to implement some kind of bank switching, or else it could only have 128 Live Sets instead of the 160 it has.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

Yup. Grandstage has one bank of 64 sounds; CK has 20 banks of 8 sounds. You'd need to use MSB/LSB to access sounds in the other banks after the first one (the LSB changes, see page 58 of the manual). Unlike the Grandstage, the CK had to implement some kind of bank switching, or else it could only have 128 Live Sets instead of the 160 it has.

Thanks, there is no way I can see for setting MSB/LSB on the GS, it just sends out 64 as you say. Looks like it’s use just 8 or manually change…or midi into the GS and make the changes in the CK.

Cheers for clarifying that.

Annoyingly, the GS works perfectly with sets in Korg module, so it’s the CK that won’t respond. I tried midi out from CK to the GS and again, only live set 1 will change the Korg favourites, same 8. Would need to set these up manually in MST mode.