Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

On 4/19/2022 at 5:16 PM, Old No7 said:

It's been a couple of decades since I had a "Hammond" -- so when the opportunity arose to acquire this Hammond SK Pro 73 from a fellow forum member here, I jumped on it:

1696732638_SKPro73.jpg.50b366bb9a1de1221d9608ab63923a30.jpg

And then, of course, I had to get this to protect my baby.1185230556_HardCaseSKPro73.jpg.ff84dc5e5b48b5c8e5dd7f1241b3968d.jpg

The SK Pro 73 and Vault are 50# combined weight -- but that's a lot less than the 2 Hammond's and 2 Leslie's we carried around back in the 80's.

Old No7 

How did you cut the foam?  Pelican makes some wicked cases.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

6 hours ago, Outkaster said:

How did you cut the foam?  Pelican makes some wicked cases.

I can't speak for Old No7, but whenever I need to cut foam, I use an electric carving knife - the kind you'd use on a turkey. Works much better than anything else I've tried. 

My latest music-related gear purchase was a Mac Studio M1 Max 32GB/1TB. Okay, some more peripherals for it just arrived today, but those are ancillary. The Mac Studio's the latest "big" acquisition. And so far, it's pretty awesome. 

• Like 1

I just picked up a nice pair of Yamaha DXR8 MkII powered PA speakers that I'll use for my stage monitors, low volume gigs and in my practice room when I want more power than my Adam Audio studio monitors give me.

I also bought a pair of QSC K10.2 speakers that will offer a little more as mains.

Next up in the gear front is to figure out where to go next in a mixer that is flexible for all of my keyboards and gig duty, and whether to go traditional analog vs. digital.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

13 minutes ago, jeffinpghpa said:

Next up in the gear front is to figure out where to go next in a mixer that is flexible for all of my keyboards and gig duty, and whether to go traditional analog vs. digital.

Unless you want to run specific effects per channel and want to do super complex routing, an analog mixer will probably do you just fine.  Most analog mixers also do not have multitrack recording capabilities, although there are some exceptions, like the Presonus AR series and some Soundcraft MTK mixers.

• Like 1

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

15 hours ago, Philip OKeefe said:

I can't speak for Old No7, but whenever I need to cut foam, I use an electric carving knife - the kind you'd use on a turkey. Works much better than anything else I've tried.

I haven't cut it yet -- that's an interesting idea!  And I do have a cordless Fillet Knife with a wicked sharp blade that ought to do the trick.

One tip I read online is to cover the foam with blue painter's tape -- that allows you to draw the outline on the tape and makes it highly visible for easy cutting and long straight lines.  That type of tape should peel off the foam easily (done carefully) and not wreck the foam.  We'll see!

Old No7

• Like 1

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

It doesn’t seem to be to complicated to cut, even with a sharp knife. Do a Google search for “cutting foam for gun case” .

I did some researching about it some time ago, since a guy here or over at the Nord user forums recommended a specific model series of the Pelikan case as a cheap alternative flightcase.

Not the case over here where I live, here a Pelikan is much more expensive than a regular flight case. 

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

9 hours ago, bjosko said:

I did some researching about it some time ago, since a guy here or over at the Nord user forums recommended a specific model series of the Pelikan case as a cheap alternative flightcase.

It was probably Heart keyboardist and fellow forumite Dan Walker (mynameisdanno)

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of new goodies. 

Yamaha MSP5 studio monitors - craigslist deal, studio owner upgraded to Genelec speakers. 3 Yamaha speakers for $100, they all work. Nice addition to my Mackie 828s

An Epiphone AJ-220s-VS acoustic guitar. Solid spruce top, sounds nice and after a complete setup it plays well too. 

Zoom G2 multi-effects, like new in the original box with 2 power supplies, fully functional and a fun toy. Goodwill - $27 out the door. 

Scrounge and ye shalt prosper!

Epi AJ.jpeg

Zoom.jpeg

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Numa Piano X 88.  Love it!

69EE9264-1B9E-4896-A10C-99CAC4B2B03C.jpeg

• Like 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Access Virus TI2 Desktop

Replaced my Blofeld. Finally got frustrated by the unreliable multi mode and lack of knobs. 

The virus is a revelation. It’s an unbelievable piece of kit with incredible sound. It’s inspiring my creativity. 

• Like 1

An acoustically decent home studio full of hand-picked gear that I love to play and record with!

Found this new Stage 3 with Nord soft case just before the $500 price increase.

E2C75256-DDA0-44A2-8B30-03AEFD24AC84.jpeg

• Like 2

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

Roland Fantom 08

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

I'm one of those people that wireless earpods, earbuds, whatever you want to call them they won't stay in my ears.    I mainly use them when going to the gym, walking, and sometime to listen to music in another room. So I got some wireless sports earbuds that helps being they has wire between them so they wouldn't fall very far.    Then I saw Amazon had Beats Solo3 wireless on the ear headphones for $131.   No falling off and saw 40 hours on a charge that sounded great so I got some.   Are they audiophile sound no, but they sound real good, lots of definition.   So that is my latest music related purchase. 

Just bought this a couple of weeks ago on a whim. Was looking to add some acoustic guitar without the feedback issues. Fits the bill perfectly.

MXA2204633-front-xlarge.png.3c44a77596ddb6fc76d11c745095d7ff.png

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Looking forward to wrapping my brain around the VAST architecture.   Reallying digging the FM engine so far and the samples are top notch.  I'm gonna be busy with this girl 

Thank you Mr. Weiser!  😉

20220519_143300.jpg

20220519_144624.jpg

• Like 2

Bought Anton's Subharmonicon patch book too.  Set up the Subharmonicon next to the Matriarch.  Dialed in the Four Times Faster patch for Subharmonicon and the Plunge patch for Matriarch.  Now they're ready for my friend's visit this weekend.  He's been saying he wants to come and jam on synths but I know his true purpose is to play with these Moogs.   When he gets bored with these patches, we've got 49 more to try for each synth.

• Like 1

I’ve been kind of frustrated with my mixer/interface for my live rig, a Keith McMillan KMix, great mixer in a lot of ways, but it just wasn’t working out for me, so I rebuilt my live rack around a Radial KL-8. I’m really digging the KL-8, very clean sound with lots of headroom, very flexible routing, and a very straightforward user interface. This has prompted a rather radical redesign of my live rig that I’m hoping to get done in time for my next gig in a few weeks. 

RackInverted.JPG

• Like 3

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Alvarez 8 string Baritone guitar. 

I have it tuned down to A - 7 half steps lower than a standard guitar. 

The 3rd and 4th strings are double courses with octave strings like a 12 string. 

It gets fat, lush low end tones and also chimes, I love it!

IMG_9159.JPG

IMG_9160.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I don't know if this is considered a pure "music purchase", but I bought the new ipad 9th generation for music purposes mainly. 

I use it with AUM as a host with VB3, Korg Module,  Ravenscroft, iMoog, Animoog and several other apps. 

It has 3 gigs of ram that makes the hole experience way better than my old ipad mini 2. It runs with the old Korg PlugKey and the usual USB hub. I will bring it out for a gig in Spain mid-June

• Like 1
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

The stock wheels that are on it  suck but I have some good wheels to put on it.  I have one of those cheap steel Z stands Amazon sells that are badged under several names. I liked it and bought a second one.  I’m going to you these two Z stands and put the Kronos 2-88 and SKx in an L setup.  It will be great to play some outdoor summer shows with horns and play stuff that isn’t current Top 40 pop. 

03E61A25-B8E5-47E9-B530-90B3FF17E0B9.jpeg

• Like 3

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt