Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Heh. It’s here. I buy a $4000 workstation or console for the home no big whoop but a $50 stand or a cup or tablet holder excites me.  I like accessories.   I’m not right.  So far the cheap Amazon Z stands have done well. The new one come with a headphone hook to give me a place to hang my headset mic. 

6EE9CB15-C7F7-4786-B1B4-6C398C284011.jpeg

• Like 4

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

On 6/4/2022 at 4:40 PM, CEB said:

Heh. It’s here. I buy a $4000 workstation or console for the home no big whoop but a $50 stand or a cup or tablet holder excites me.  I like accessories.   I’m not right.  So far the cheap Amazon Z stands have done well. The new one come with a headphone hook to give me a place to hang my headset mic. 

6EE9CB15-C7F7-4786-B1B4-6C398C284011.jpeg

Interesting looking chair.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I like the chair.  I wish I had bought locking wheels just in case.  My only concern is how long the hydraulic stem will last.  It has a long height adjustment range.  The seat swivels and everything.  

• Like 1

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

On 6/4/2022 at 10:30 AM, Jazz1642606857 said:

I have been playing the Kawai ES110 digital piano  (26 lbs, RHC action, EX piano samples, internal speakers) for three hours a day for the past two years. I love it.

I have ordered the new 2022 Kawai ES120 digital piano: 27 pounds, louder speakers, added SX-EX piano samples (more detailed than EX and better legato), improved vintage Rhodes, RHC action.

Please let us know how it works out, especially the new Rhodes. 

Here for the gear.

6 hours ago, Michael Wright said:

Nooooo!  Save me from the dark side!

IMG_5842.jpg.fb9a1532e67c9ad3ee820557ff778b55.jpg

Yamaha makes some nice guitars, that one looks fun!!!! 

Mankind's greatest 3 inventions are Hot Running Water, the Bicycle and the Guitar. 

Back in the days of pianos and pipe organs, guitarists could walk with their guitar anywhere and everywhere and play music. This is still true unless you can find a power outlet for your keyboard. 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:33 PM, GovernorSilver said:

Bought Anton's Subharmonicon patch book too. 

Am I the only one who sees "subharmonicon" and thinks of H. P. Lovecraft?

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

1 hour ago, KuruPrionz said:

Back in the days of pianos and pipe organs, guitarists could walk with their guitar anywhere and everywhere and play music. This is still true unless you can find a power outlet for your keyboard. 

Back in the day, they had harmoniums, and before that clavichords and even portativ organs.  Take that, you mad cow-infected guitar partisan!  🙂

• Like 2

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

2 minutes ago, Tom Williams said:

Back in the day, they had harmoniums, and before that clavichords and even portativ organs.  Take that, you mad cow-infected guitar partisan!  🙂

You left out accordions!!!! I had one of the fancy big ones and it weighed as much as 5 guitars with cases. Somebody else suffers with it now. 

Of the things you mention, a concertina might be as light as a guitar but a harmonium is not, neither is a claviclechord thingie. "Portable" is a relative term...

What is perfect pitch? Perfect pitch is when you throw a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break. 

The only good cow is a mad cow... 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom Williams said:

I was going to say "yes" but  then I found this video.  That does not necessarily mean, however, that this person really thinks the name of this synth has anything in common with the name "Necronomicon".  You would have to ask them.

3 hours ago, Tom Williams said:

You... Must be, must be... alo0Oone in, thaat... PAY no attention to that slimy trail that leads to that secret door over there... No, THAT one, over there...  What?! Is that a- of course that's not a human hand lying there... 's not a human hand... n'lyerpp...

aUfRebo.jpg

My latest music related purchase?

Hmm, 's been a while... Other than a guitar strap, strings, patch cables, mundanely necessitated things 'n stuff, and an ongoing stockpile of parts and tools, materials and supplies for a guitar-build project (including a one-piece Roasted Swamp Ash body and one-piece Roasted Quartersawn Maple neck), temporarily put on hold, it might have been a Saturnworks Momentary Feedback Looper pedal; a dead-mint NOS MIJ 1980's Arion SFL-1 Stereo Flanger pedal, with box, manual, flier; and/or a like-new Keeley 'Retro Super Germanium Phat Mod' pedal with box 'n everything... These three were purchased at around the same time.

I almost included an old TC Electronic 'Stereo Chorus/Flanger + Pitch Modulator' pedal, but that was returned to me via USPS after my having loaned it to someone... over eleven years before... ! :crazy: It was kinda like "NPD"! :laugh: :D 

bqntuadvz7guutfs4mtz.jpg

fjciwdbwssmxhjq28xkh.jpg|

jrhmljnsvzixz3x0614q.jpg

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

18 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

I thought you did not like this product.

What changed your mind?

I was initially upset that a product with "Syn" in the beginning of the game was not the polyphonic synth that I was hoping for from Elektron. I since learned that "Takt" means drum machine. Now I am thinking that I will probably sell my Analog RYTM and Analog Four, letting this replace the two of them.

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

8 minutes ago, RABid said:

I was initially upset that a product with "Syn" in the beginning of the game was not the polyphonic synth that I was hoping for from Elektron. I since learned that "Takt" means drum machine. Now I am thinking that I will probably sell my Analog RYTM and Analog Four, letting this replace the two of them.

Interesting that you ended up liking it enough to replace both Elektron boxes.

So far, the M8 Tracker has satisfied my desire for synthesized, rather than sample-based, percussion but Syntakt continues to be on my radar.

I have been looking for a piano for home use. My Legend 70’s ended up in my rehearsal rig ( not sure if I will be gigging with it, but nice to use at rehearsal). Took a chance with this one( 30 days free return), and am well pleased so far.

I like the good old shape, reminds me of the good old days, and with room to stack a couple smaller synth above. Another great thing with it is that when stacking, you can get the boards much closer together.

C3BC52C4-B41C-454D-9101-FB1754D10497.jpeg

• Like 2
/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

I have finally come to grips with the fact that my MODX is too darn good to kick out of my rig.  The ipad functionality is a major factor.  Today I made the decision to buy and install Purgatory Creek, since I've been doing some gigs lately with *just* the MODX.  I debated getting them instead for my Forte but decided on the MODX, since--the reverse of my original plans--the Forte sometimes stays at home.  For example, I have an outdoor gig Saturday where I'd like to keep things light and quick to set up or tear down.  Pop the ipad on top and instant b3 organ!

The PC vintage samples are very nice, painless to install too.  The Rhodes and the Clavinets are a big step up and I use those frequently.  

I'm debating buying the Analog Xperience.  I'm making progress with rolling my own "analog" patches, so I might see if I hit a wall with that.

18 minutes ago, Stokely said:

I have finally come to grips with the fact that my MODX is too darn good to kick out of my rig.  The ipad functionality is a major factor.  Today I made the decision to buy and install Purgatory Creek, since I've been doing some gigs lately with *just* the MODX.  I debated getting them instead for my Forte but decided on the MODX, since--the reverse of my original plans--the Forte sometimes stays at home.  For example, I have an outdoor gig Saturday where I'd like to keep things light and quick to set up or tear down.  Pop the ipad on top and instant b3 organ!

The PC vintage samples are very nice, painless to install too.  The Rhodes and the Clavinets are a big step up and I use those frequently.  

I'm debating buying the Analog Xperience.  I'm making progress with rolling my own "analog" patches, so I might see if I hit a wall with that.

love my modx

The Access Virus TI2 Desktop I bought a month ago has proven to be an incredibly good choice. 

It’s replaced my Waldorf Blofeld and a couple of effects, which I’ve sold. I’m enjoying the the Virus’ extensive effects section, which can also process external signals such as voice and guitar.

I just ordered a Squarp Hapax hardware sequencer, the putative successor to Squarp’s still-available Pyramid. I’m moving further and further from VST’s and sequencing from my DAW. I like hardware!

An acoustically decent home studio full of hand-picked gear that I love to play and record with!

I pre-ordered one of the backordered QSC powered speaker series, the K8.2 from Musician's Friend.  Backordered 'til May, then June, now July.  So I canceled the MF order yesterday and almost ordered the CP8 from MF instead, until despite the delivery of one week indicated on the web site, the rep I was chatting with said delivery would be end of June.  Meantime I checked delivery of a CP8 from SameDayMusic.  2 day Free shipping.  I placed the order with SDM.  As with many of my previous SDM orders it will arrive the next day, today.  Their warehouse is in NJ and I am in CT making the one day turnaround possible.  So now the question is will I be satisfied with the performance?  Well I have 45 days to figure that out.  I have 3 gigs over the next 2 weeks with 2 different bands, two of which are outdoors.  So that should be enough to make an assessment.

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

17 hours ago, bjosko said:

Took a chance with this one( 30 days free return), and am well pleased so far.

I like the good old shape, reminds me of the good old days, and with room to stack a couple smaller synth above. Another great thing with it is that when stacking, you can get the boards much closer together.

And now Crumar is teasing something new that looks like the Seven from behind, but can be anything from a new organ, synth or a Seven with upgraded keyboard ( TP 110 ?)…. perhaps I should use my 30 days free return …. 🫣🤔

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

20 minutes ago, EB5AGV said:

I have just ordered a K&M 18860 Spider Pro along several accessories and also a Behringer B205D monitor to prepare my upcoming first gig 🤩

Love my Spider Pro.  I *think* they may have improved this feature, but if you use a mic boom on the top, watch out for the boom unscrewing the adapter when you take it off.  If that happens, a rubber gasket may be left on there as the only thing holding the bolt up--I've had that bolt fall down inside the stand right before a gig, which meant taking the top off (five long screws), taking my keyboards off and turning the thing upside down!

Since then, I replaced their bolt with one that has a nut holding it on from the bottom (inside) so it can't fall.  However, the best solution is to get a quick-release mic adapter (I use the K&M) so that your boom can just lift right off when you press the button.  No more around and around and around before and after each show :)   

If you don't use the mic boom adapter, then nevermind!  :D

• Like 1

Getting a little more into playing some guitar, so I bought a Line-6 Pod Go.  Fun little pedal and a great alternative to getting an amp and some pedals.  This'll sound good through a powered speaker, which is all I need right now.

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

8 minutes ago, justin_havu said:

Getting a little more into playing some guitar, so I bought a Line-6 Pod Go.  Fun little pedal and a great alternative to getting an amp and some pedals.  This'll sound good through a powered speaker, which is all I need right now.

That will be a fun little rig, enjoy!!!

One of my favorite amps is the Peavey Vypyr VIP 1, the little one that's 20 watts and comes with an 8" speaker. That and a Sanpera 1 will give you an amazing range of analog guitar amp tones, a buttload of effects and the footpedal on the Sanpera provides both volume and wah pedals, connected to the amp with one cable. The only caveat is the speaker really sucks. I put a Peavey Scorpion 10" in there and it's a different beast entirely. 

Point being, choose a powered speaker carefully, it's one of the best ways to get a great guitar sound (or a not so great sound). 

5 hours ago, Stokely said:

Love my Spider Pro.  I *think* they may have improved this feature, but if you use a mic boom on the top, watch out for the boom unscrewing the adapter when you take it off.  If that happens, a rubber gasket may be left on there as the only thing holding the bolt up--I've had that bolt fall down inside the stand right before a gig, which meant taking the top off (five long screws), taking my keyboards off and turning the thing upside down!

Since then, I replaced their bolt with one that has a nut holding it on from the bottom (inside) so it can't fall.  However, the best solution is to get a quick-release mic adapter (I use the K&M) so that your boom can just lift right off when you press the button.  No more around and around and around before and after each show :)   

If you don't use the mic boom adapter, then nevermind!  :D

Thanks for the hint!. Along the Spider Pro I have bought an adapter plate which bolts on the top, below that pesky bolt. I was not sure of the utility of that plate but could be it replaces that bolt altogether?. Will know in some days!

Jose 

On 6/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, Michael Wright said:

Nooooo!  Save me from the dark side!

IMG_5842.jpg.fb9a1532e67c9ad3ee820557ff778b55.jpg

If you need saving, I need it twice as badly.

TWO guitars...a 2006 Korea-built Washburn WI64 in Seared Mahogany Satin with Antique Bronze hardware for $150 and a mint Yamaha APX600 Thinline Acoustic-Electric in Old Violin Sunburst for $140.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

On 6/9/2022 at 8:54 AM, StanC said:

... I checked delivery of a CP8 from SameDayMusic.  2 day Free shipping.  I placed the order with SDM.... So now the question is will I be satisfied with the performance?

I recently got a CP-8. I have it on a stand at ear level about 6ft away and used it at a medium-sized venue (150 peeps) a couple weeks ago. Tonally I like it - not any real boom on the low end, but it cuts thru extremely well. We had a loud-ish stage and our drummer bangs hard, plus the mains were close. I had it up a a little past 3/4 sending it unity gain signal from my keys mix, with a vocal mon return in the other input and had no trouble hearing myself over the rest of the stage amplification.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.