Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

http://s32.postimg.org/d6hl3py2t/Attach15801_20160508_183318.jpg

Leslie 142. Mmmmmm.... now, the only issue is I'm not convinced I can move it out of the car by myself and I live alone. Any tips on moving a short boy solo?

I used to load mine alone- even up steps. Put handles on the sides, then pick it up and rest the top against your torso and lever it up into the vehicle. If you are going to gig with it, you can't worry about the finish-it's going to get screwed up.

Right. Pristine Leslies are for sissies. :laugh: My Leslie earned its battle scars. The only gear that I own that looks worse than my Leslie is my clavinet.

This is probably sacrilege, but, for about 15 years, out of necessity, I moved my 147 up and down the (carpeted) back stairway myself by gently rolling it end over end. There are just enough stairs that it made two complete rotations and landed on the castor wheels that I have screwed into the bottom. Fifteen years - one loose part, one time. I was probably lucky.

Latest music purchases: a package of Robaxacet and a ten foot 1/4 inch headphone extension cable to connect a Hammond CU-1 tremolo-off-chorale switch on the SK2 to the Ventilator that resides on a rack.

I bought -not here yet, it will arrive next week- a glogenspiel from Thomman. I love this little thing and i'm gonna introduce it to one of the groups i play with

I will have to fix my Hammond 44 melodica. One note is of and off it goes to Holland to be healed :) So i count it as a "new" instument!

I will buy very soon, a better accordion. The existing one(s) are so-and-so and i need a good used one

So just toys for my, not a "proper" keyboard :)

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

I bought one of the Roland JP08's from the KC garage sale. Fun little piece of gear. When I get time I'm going to pair it up with my Novation controller.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I've been in a bit of a plug-in phase. Waves sales are hard to resist, and I just picked up the CLA classic compressors (CLA76, CLA2A, CLA3A).

Next month I'm going to purchase the Fabfilter Pro Q2 equalizer. It's an awesome piece with a great GUI and a great sound. I'm also going to try and get the V5 collection from Arturia, if for no other reason than the Synclavier.

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

Been buying a few VST's lately when the price is right. Figure I'll always have them if I need them. Anyway, just bought G Force Software Oddily 2 direct from G Force for GBP 58.33, less than US $85.00, which is less than half of what it usually sells for at G Force or Sweetwater. Only thing I don't own from G Force now is M Tron Pro, and if they put that on sale I'll buy it. :thu:
:nopity:

My Kronos 6 arrived today. First impressions:

- The keyboard is so much better than my MOXF6. Standard-width keys, black keys pivot much better than MOXF, and addition of aftertouch are big wins for me. This was one of my primary motivations for replacing the MOXF6 so that's all good.

- Build quality is much higher (which it should be for the difference in price.)

- I like that I can MIDI my Nord Stage to it AND use the Keith McMillen 12 step on USB MIDI at the same time. This will save me from bringing an extra MIDI/USB router (e.g. iconnectMIDI4).

- First impression on sounds is that most are better or even with the MOXF..with the exception of guitars. I also didn't find an acoustic bass that I liked nearly as much as the Yamaha VeloBass.

- I know this has been mentioned many times in reviews...but it's silly that it doesn't have front panel octave buttons.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

My latest purchase is a UAD2 Quad card. I've been a UAD user since the original UAD1 cards, and I love their plugins. I really depend on their compression and EQ plugs, I still have yet to find any native plugs that sound as good to me. I've been running a Duo since upgrading to the UAD2 platform, and have been getting tired of watching the DSP overhead while I mix. Added the Quad to system, so now I guess I have a Sexto. Got some discount vouchers from UAD as well, so I got the Classic 1176 collection and the Neve 1073 Preamp/EQ collection as well. Really happy with all the new DSP headroom.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

$5 for a small painted pin of a Roland Jupiter-8. I'm hoping to get it made into a decent tie clasp. Classy!

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

Roland Jupiter-80. (2.11) I wanted something different enough from my Nord Stage 2 that I could mostly go to for VA kinds of sounds, but could also get me through a gig with piano, EP and organ if the Nord went down. Had my eye on the KingKorg and the Jupiter, and in the end went with that because it was in stock where I was buying as opposed to a month-long wait for the Korg.

I must say it took me a few days to wrap my head around the OS architecture, but now, a week in, I'm really happy with it overall. Would have liked the vocoder just to mess with and the fact that it's only 15 pounds, but honestly wasn't a fan of the Korg's key bed feel. The Roland's key bed is silky.

My rig: Nord Stage 2 (88 HA); MB Air with MainStage and Komplete "Session Horns;" Roland Jupiter-80; spangled leather poncho with the studs that match your eyes.

A used pair of Alto TS112A powered speakers. Found 'em on CL for $300 for the pair.

After pooh-pooing them based on published specs, I took the advice of folks from this forum and gave 'em a chance. Mid and high frequencies are very clear, and due to the bi-amping, even low bass is decent sounding.

Somewhat related (I'm beefing up my PA a bit), I just bought a Pyle Pro DI box brand new for an astounding $9. The attenuator switch is defective, but since the rest of the thing works, I added a blob of solder to the PC board to freeze attenuation at -0dB. Considering that I bought an Altec impedance matching transformer for about $15 in the 1970s, the Pyle is still a bargain.

Nevertheless, my next DI box will be at a higher price range. I've ordered an ART Dual-Z passive box for my next experiment, about $40 from almost all retailers.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Privia PX-5S! I still can't believe that I spent that kind of money on a Casio!! Lol. But I LOVE it!
Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

A lovely almost mint condition Roland Juno 6 arrived last week.

Analog goodness from 1982. Needed a poly in my live rig, which will now consist of the following:

Rhodes MK II --> EHX Stereo Pulsar --> Xotic EP Booster --> Strymon Timeline --> T-Rex Reverb --> Fender Hot Rot Deluxe.

Moog Sub 37 --> MXR Talkbox --> EHX Memory Boy --> PA.

Roland Juno 6 --> I need a new reverb pedal, thinking about a Strymon Bluesky --> PA.

Now I just need a roadie :cool: But my rig has never sounded better!

Pictures of some of the stuff can be found on my Instagram. I play live hiphop and jazz.

David Dyrholm - Copenhagen.

Rhodes MK II, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Moog Sub 37, Roland Juno 6, Casio PX-5S, MBP w. Mainstage (+ lots of fx pedals).

Endorsed by Casio.

Not exactly a piece of musical equipment, but I just picked up a new 15" Macbook Pro (the 2.5GHz i7 with 512GB SSD) to replace my 11 year old Windows studio computer. I plan on using it for recording and as the occasional Mainstage-based "keyboard rig" for rehearsals.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Oops! After bragging in the GAS thread that there was nothing out there that I wanted to add to my rig, I found this little jewel, a Keyboard Partners HX3, and couldn't resist.

For now, I'll use it (controlled by a Fantom X7) for gigs where the stage space won't allow me to bring my Hammond XK3C.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~rwAAOSwdWBXOmNs/s-l500.jpg

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Woke up this morning to a "BLING" from the cell phone. It was Ebay notifying me of this advert. For grins I low-balled him for both (he had 2 available) and he accepted.

Seems I acted in haste.

This is the same pic he used in his listing. It is from a Music-Go-Round ad out of Ann Arbor Michigan. :(

Time will tell if I keep them or press the "eBay fraud" issue and send them back. Does anybody know if using a bogus photo is grounds for "not matching the description?"

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

I'm in a synth heavy project, haven't been in one in years and picked up a Waldorf Blofeld VA Synth module in white to go with my PX5-S. Man that thing makes some noise, soncially superior instrument in a lot of ways! Very interesting filter design. A bit concerned about the operating system and reloading patches but so far so good . . .really some amazing sounds from this little box.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/files/2528/lg_Waldorf-Blofeld.jpg

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Just ordered one of these to try out for certain bass guitar gigs. I'm really skeptical that it will hold up in a 15-piece big band setting (100 watts into two 4" speakers, 13 lbs.!), but it should make a great practice amp if it doesn't.

http://gsfanatic.com/aas_hirdetes_temp/pic/914377_42420.jpg

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Seems I acted in haste.

Hey Bill -

I bought that exact stand from Music Go Round.. I spent more on S/H that the stand itself and it was still less than US $90.00 (don't remember exactly). I'll help you out any way that I can. PM me.

:nopity:

That's so awesome, David! I used to play one in the early 1980s (it was part of the other keyboardist in the band's rig) and had such a unique sound. I never thought the Juno 60 sounded as good. I don't know for sure if they changed any components, but something was different in the sound.

Finding one in mint condition is great fortune - good luck with it!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Woke up this morning to a "BLING" from the cell phone. It was Ebay notifying me of this advert. For grins I low-balled him for both (he had 2 available) and he accepted.

Seems I acted in haste.

This is the same pic he used in his listing. It is from a Music-Go-Round ad out of Ann Arbor Michigan. :(

Time will tell if I keep them or press the "eBay fraud" issue and send them back. Does anybody know if using a bogus photo is grounds for "not matching the description?"

~ vonnor

Looks like the same seller has two more for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/invisible-dual-keyboard-stand-with-bag-2-available/222140170509

People use existing photos all the time. Saves the trouble of setting it up and taking your own photo.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Just bought a Rode M1 dynamic mic. Sounds great and has a built-in pop screen - great idea, and could save my speakers for when civilians need to make an announcement and don't know how to control their plosives. I was disappointed it didn't also come with a windscreen like my other Rode mics. I will have to buy one, as I don't want other people's mouth mist in my mic - gross.

Seems I acted in haste.

~ vonnor

Looks like the same seller has two more for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/invisible-dual-keyboard-stand-with-bag-2-available/222140170509

People use existing photos all the time. Saves the trouble of setting it up and taking your own photo.

A lot happened on this deal. First, I get a paypal email saying the seller cancelled the deal and refunded me in full. Next the seller emailed me saying it wasn't supposed to be free shipping, and he was re-listing them with correct pix. Tried going low-offer again and declined (he was on to me at this point). So I ended up getting just one. Will see how it looks when I get it.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

That's so awesome, David! I used to play one in the early 1980s (it was part of the other keyboardist in the band's rig) and had such a unique sound. I never thought the Juno 60 sounded as good. I don't know for sure if they changed any components, but something was different in the sound.

Finding one in mint condition is great fortune - good luck with it!

Yeah, I'm really grateful that I found one in great condition. I've been looking for a 6 for quite some time - more than a year. They are pretty hard to find here i Denmark, and there's only been one(!) for sale in the entire country for the last couple of years or so.

Suddenly an acquaintance called me up and was like: "Hey, are you still looking for a Juno 6? I have one that I don't use anymore". And then he sold it to me for a really good price. Thank you!

Just ordered a hardcase for it so I can bring it with me on gigs. It's gonna be great!

David Dyrholm - Copenhagen.

Rhodes MK II, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Moog Sub 37, Roland Juno 6, Casio PX-5S, MBP w. Mainstage (+ lots of fx pedals).

Endorsed by Casio.

20160601_124820.jpg

(Hope Google lets me share this pic off my gallery...)

Picked up a Wurly 200 this past Wednesday. Needs a little TLC and a new reed for the F above middle C, but it has the legs, sustain pedal, and music rack and appears to have been a principally home-used instrument. Action needs regulating and the amp needs rebuilding, but they all do by this point. I've had a Rhodes since the 90's when I scored a Mk I Stage 73 at a yard sale, but I've never owned a Wurly until now. Stoked! :-D

TP

---

Todd A. Phipps

"...no, I'm not a Hammondoholic...I can stop anytime..."

http://www.facebook.com/b3nut ** http://www.blueolives.com