Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Hard replacing it until I met up with a guy in Nashville with an Ambika. Its a beast so I am having on made custom.

Ladder Filters for 2 voice unison left hand and fat 4 pole filters for 4 voice upper split.

Mine will only cost 1000 shipped from Deutschland. Comes with 4gb storage card for multi set ups.

Oberheim SEM 8 looking case and the PC Editor.

But check this fat bastard out.

Fat is the word!

That sounds nice!

Warm is also a word that comes to mind!

Always been a Studio Electronis kind of guy.

ATC, SE1 SE1X and last year a CODE 8.

A very powerful synth but after having 3 multi oscillators I just wasnt getting that huge monophonic sound I was use to.

This thing is so huge when using 2 voice unison I was impressed.

The guy uses it for bleeps and wavetable whacky mods, but once he made a multi for me and I started doing splits I had to have one.

Really cant believe I never heard one of these.

Slams down my CODE 8 and Solaris for big sounds.

Im still scratching my head.

Well looks like the CODE 8 Rack will be retired for a while.

Anytime I can shrink a rig while having a bigger sound I jump.

Usually that means several large.

For 1 large its an easy decision.

If anyone wants one of these get a custom built one from TubeOhm.

You should hear it through a Radial Plexitube.......Jeez.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

couldn't find where there were custom built models, I only saw DIY models, certainly more than I am capable of.

Same here.

Final assembly might be some individual agreement thingy w/ Tubeohm guys and not the rule because of limited manpower.

OTOH, all component boards come assembled in a DIY kit, so final assembly might not be that difficult when finding a qualified local tech or when having some skills yourself.

The "Phoenix", formerly "Shruthi", seems to be very interesting too for a monophonioc synth module.

I definitely like the sound of Ambika/ Tub-Bika !

Wonder if combining different filter-boards (4-pole Rolandish, 4-pole Ladder & 2-Pole multi-mode) would be possible inside only one unit.

12 voice cards instead of 6 too ...

Layering 2x 6 voices and detune might be matter of firmware then.

Would be ice on the cake going in Obie Matrix-12 direction !

A.C.

Finally scored one of these: The classic Casio VL-1. Been after one on ebay for a while, only to be outbid at the last second. Got lucky this past weekend! :)

http://s32.postimg.org/7s7v8eret/s_l1600.jpg

Nooo! trade it for THIS VL1

[video:youtube]

;)

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Christmas in April for me. Just replaced my live setup. A new Kronos 88, Mojo 61 and a neo vent 2. The Kronos and vent should be here by this weekend. Not sure on the mojo......
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Christmas in April for me. Just replaced my live setup. A new Kronos 88, Mojo 61 and a neo vent 2. The Kronos and vent should be here by this weekend. Not sure on the mojo......
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Finally scored one of these: The classic Casio VL-1. Been after one on ebay for a while, only to be outbid at the last second. Got lucky this past weekend! :)

Good for you Scott. I've had one since they were new (Christmas present from my mom). Never ever gonna sell it.

:nopity:

Not exactly music related, but I've found a great solution for the ad-hoc light show.

You know, you show up in a venue, there's bupkis for lighting, and you'd like to have a lightweight solution for a little pizazz without a lot of effort.

Witness this!

Battery-powered LED par cans, driven by the built-in microphone. A reasonable light show with zero effort: no cables whatsoever. One charge lasts for three gigs.

Yup.

-- Chuck

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Pre-ordered a Mojo 61. It's gonna be a long 3 weeks :(

Cool. I'm already about 4 weeks into the wait.....

Christmas in April for me.

Sho 'nuff. :2thu::keys:

Finished the order today with a Gator TSA hard case for the Kronos 88, a new expression and sustain pedal and a AirTurn page turner. Can't wait to get the new rig together!!!! Went all out....

• 2 weeks later...

http://s32.postimg.org/d6hl3py2t/Attach15801_20160508_183318.jpg

Leslie 142. Mmmmmm.... now, the only issue is I'm not convinced I can move it out of the car by myself and I live alone. Any tips on moving a short boy solo?

Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

When in the service business, I occasionally sold a Leslie. Brand new 122 to go in a church (old TC was a PR40). I had a full size van at the time. I rented a dolly like used for refrigerators and other heavy appliances. Has straps to go around unit so it doesn't fall off, works like a hand truck. Think I was in my 40's then, and I used to load my truck with a Fender 2x15 JBL Bass Cabinet by myself.

For the amount of $$ of the rental fee, you might get a couple of helpers to unload and put in your place. Much depends on the logistics (stairs, corners, etc.)

Also depends on whether or not you plan on leaving it at home. No way would I consider gigging by myself and hauling a 142 around, not when a Vent is so much easier to move.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
Just ordered a Korg Kronos 61 to replace my MOXF 6. Was actually quite happy with the MOXF from a sound and functional POV...but grew weary of the mediocre action and wanted aftertouch. So went all in :)

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

No way would I consider gigging by myself and hauling a 142 around, not when a Vent is so much easier to move.

Have to agree with this. Love my 142 but it stays put. My HX3 module is all I need, and if I go all out I'll set up my GSI Burn.

:nopity:

Leslie 142. Mmmmmm.... now, the only issue is I'm not convinced I can move it out of the car by myself and I live alone. Any tips on moving a short boy solo?

Friends and a case of beer.

Note: do not give out any beer before they have completed the move.

It's weird, you can offer to pay someone to help you and have them say no or give an excuse. Then offer a case of beer, and they will say, ooohh ok!

It's like it's some kind of superior money system to some people. Lol

Just got a Xotic EP Booster to put before my Strymon Timeline on my pedalboard.

My Rhodes has never sounded better, and this combination really gets close to the original Echoplex sound. Love it!

David Dyrholm - Copenhagen.

Rhodes MK II, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Moog Sub 37, Roland Juno 6, Casio PX-5S, MBP w. Mainstage (+ lots of fx pedals).

Endorsed by Casio.

It's looking like I bought a job lot........

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/alanjpearson/RMI%20368X/IMG_1372_zpsqdyqii3s.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/alanjpearson/Melltron%20M400/James%20auction%20equipment%20002_zpspcnkfsvt.jpg

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

http://s32.postimg.org/d6hl3py2t/Attach15801_20160508_183318.jpg

I used to load mine alone- even up steps. Put handles on the sides, then pick it up and rest the top against your torso and lever it up into the vehicle. If you are going to gig with it, you can't worry about the finish-it's going to get screwed up.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com