Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Just picked up another On Stage KS7150 platform stand from B&H Photo/Video in NYC:

I really don't know why more people don't use these - they hold up to 375 lbs, fold up completely flat, have independent telescoping legs, you can add a second tier or a mic boom, the floor beneath it is totally free for pedals, and it's so cheap, even at $80.

Totally agree. I really like mine. I've used it for both my DMC122 and FA08. Folds up small. No up/down bounce. Light weight. TONS of leg room. However, you have to be careful when folding up the legs - multiple times I've gotten my finger stuck in there. Major pain. I should buy another one for when I setup in an L.

So I just ordered one of these. Do you guys have any issues with your keyboards sliding around? I'm going to use this with my Hammond SK1 which only weighs 16 lbs.

No, it comes with two long non-slip strips that you can stick on each side to prevent that. I just opened my box to make sure they were included (they were) but I noticed that the stand seems a bit heavier than my others, so perhaps they are using even stronger steel. I had complained to them a year or so ago that over time the stand becomes un-level(?), so maybe they took that to heart?

I will caution you to periodically check the thumbscrew/wingnuts, and the screw-in feet. They tend to loosen from the car's vibration. I solved the feet on one of mine with some basic thread-lock from Harbor Freight. Haven't done the other one yet.

I've caught my finger once or twice, but now I fold mine by lifting the side bars, then using my thumbs to collapse the hinges.

Edit to add: I opted for the mic boom attachment (KSA7575) instead of the second tier (you can't do both), and love it. It attaches/detaches with a few turns of the knob. And you can't beat the price: $14.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BoomMount

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTUwMFgxNTAw/z/bWoAAOSwLVZVtqBT/$_35.JPG

Mine:

http://i.imgur.com/UpxeL1C.png

11735_KSA7575-_OSS_live.jpg

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Does this count? http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-3598/k2-_97b9e486-e2aa-4b12-a5a2-5cc18d4b14ee.v1.jpg

I bought one of these for my daughter because she want to learn the mouth harp now and after a LOT of research I found that these little student harmonicas are actually quite well made and sound great. The holes are far apart to make it easy to play single notes for beginners. I like how hers sounded so much that I bought one for myself. I think that we're getting ready to step up to real tin sandwiches though and I might pick us each up either a Hohner Special 20 or a Golden Melody.

By the way my next upcoming musical purchases is going to be an electrical grounding bus, a garden rake and some wood. I'm going to try to build a DIY kalimba.

Carl

I just bought the Sound Tower Editor/Librarian for my MiniMoog Voyager. Long overdue but until recently it was never allowed near a computer. :D

Breathing new life into a classic instrument for US $79.00 is money well spent for me. :2thu:

Beats the hell out of buying another VST. I know because I have plenty of them. :blah:

:nopity:

I recently bought a pair of thinksound on1s to use for digital piano and guitar practice as well as general listening. So far I'm really impressed with the sound and comfort.

The only minor issue is that the stock cords--detachable from the headphones--have a braided type outer covering, which effectively transmit sounds of rubbing against clothing to the headphones. I've been using a longer, more standard cable I had handy which don't exhibit the issue. They're also a bit longer, handy for playing the digital piano.

Anyway, it's more than I've ever spent on headphones (twice as much as my previous Grado SR-60s--but I don't think I've owned anything capable of that much refinement in sound. And it's a rather nice design.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Koda_Vonnor/Misc/RME_FFUC.jpeg

Heard lots of good things regarding latency. Had been pushing 30ms RTL on my FocusRite Scarlett 2i4 using manufacturer's driver (96K/128) and Cantabile2. Enough to bug me playing live.

We'll see how the supposed "best" does.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Just picked up another On Stage KS7150 platform stand

Also just ordered one with the second tier, as well as a couple Furman surge-protected power bars and a couple power supplies I was missing. Little bit of a chunk of change for some not super exciting stuff, but it's nice to get this stuff and feel more at peace with my rig. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Could cause a chuckle but i got a V-Machine not long ago just for the heck of it (knowing full well what it can't do, but curious what it can do). I gotta say I'm enjoying it. Fun little compact box for some additional sounds here and there.

Numark NDX500 CDJ. Getting into live remixing/looping and wanted to beat match acapellas. Could have done it with my MBP, but I'm not a fan of seeing laptops on stage. Too easy for everyone to say your doing very little. Decided to diversify owing to hand issues I don't think I can full on gig/play with them anymore. Added bonus I don't have to put up with being in a band anymore and dealing with narcissism and pettiness.

Could cause a chuckle but i got a V-Machine not long ago just for the heck of it (knowing full well what it can't do, but curious what it can do). I gotta say I'm enjoying it. Fun little compact box for some additional sounds here and there.

Now buy SP VM bundle and enjoy !

It´s what runs and sounds best on a V-Machine, all the voices at any time w/ sustain pedal and MIDI CC in use.

No crackles, clicks or pops !

A.C.

Now buy SP VM bundle and enjoy !

It´s what runs and sounds best on a V-Machine, all the voices at any time w/ sustain pedal and MIDI CC in use.

No crackles, clicks or pops !

A.C.

Well, I think I have all that (and way more) with Classic Keys which came with it. It has VB3, the VM OP-x, minimonsta, Vir String Machine, LoungeLizard session 3, and Key Performer. All run fine.

VB3 in a box!

Not sure all that's being offered there in VMbundle but I think it's just simple verb/deleay and a modded OP-X.

I sold my K10 to a local guy, so I turned over the funds and finally invested in some hard cases for my Nord and Hammond. The PF band is going to be doing more travelling and there will be times when my gear goes in a trailer with the rest of the band's gear, so I wanted to make sure these were better protected than the soft bags I currently have. I found a place on ebay that had "scratch and dents", picked up the Nord case for $119.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/a/(KGrHqJ,!n4E9c-jnUi4BP(16IrJjQ~~/s-l500.jpg

Spent a little more on the Hammond case, it's not a 2nd and is a little different style.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/L6gAAOSw7I5TwXFK/s-l1600.jpg

the Nord case should be here today. The Hammond case is made to order so it'll take a few extra days.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Live Performance Sidechain Compressor.

Tired of chasing 36 different levels around so decided to have a developer make me a Performance Limiter/Compressor.

1) Operates like a real analog comp. More db's = more drive/saturation.

2) 9 kinds of compression

a) Electrical-optical

b) Langevin Expander

c) DBX 1

d) DBX 2

e) SPL Transient

f) Manley SLAM Dual Slope

g) Compander 2 Slope

h) Parallel

i) Parallel Flipped

During a gig a simple MIDI Program Change Message is a snapshot of the Buss Assignments, and Insert FX levels, all Channel Levels and Master, Tutti.....everything.

Below show the Rhodes (or any instrument not showing Blue Matrix Squares) into the main Compressor inputs.

Solaris and the Prominy Guitar Instruments Sidechained for solo work.

FOH Loves this.

http://s31.postimg.org/twgtyun2z/003.jpg

print screen

http://s31.postimg.org/uk7ri797f/001.jpg

free image host

http://s31.postimg.org/mn9i4qtln/002.jpg

photoupload

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

My latest acquisitions after some significant downsizing have been:

- Komplete 10 upgrade (hence the individual license sell-off in the classifieds)

- K&M Omega stand with laptop attachment + second tier

- Little Phatty Stage II

Happier than a short pig in deep mud.

I make software noises.

This landed a few weeks ago. Has been kicking my arse ever since; definitely empathizing with string players right now..

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt198/allanevett/IMG_20160415_200723970_zpsrihhesfu.jpg

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Wanted the Futuresonus Parva, want an OB 6 rack, got tired of waiting.

Needed to replace the Code 8 as it goes to a rental company in June.

Hard replacing it until I met up with a guy in Nashville with an Ambika. Its a beast so I am having on made custom.

Ladder Filters for 2 voice unison left hand and fat 4 pole filters for 4 voice upper split.

Mine will only cost 1000 shipped from Deutschland. Comes with 4gb storage card for multi set ups.

Oberheim SEM 8 looking case and the PC Editor.

But check this fat bastard out.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic