Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

This is my latest gear acquisition, a TC Electronics Flashback Mini:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NKKqPwF7L._SY355_.jpg

I like to have a bit of delay on my Minimoog when I gig with it. I had a custom DDL pedal that a friend built in a small case that would fit onto the panel between the keybed and the flip panel, but it failed a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to fix it. So I went to my local musical instrument emporium (and, as a side note, I am really glad that in a city of 50,000, we still have several locally owned options). I figured I'd either get an EH Memory Toy or the new MXR delay, but they had the new TC Mini line, and they are even smaller, perfect for my needs.

This thing is tiny, like about 1 X 2.5 inches. 3 knobs, Delay time, Feedback and FX Mix. It's so small there's no room for a battery (not a problem for me), and the 1/4" jacks are offset because they wouldn't fit directly across from each other. Plug it in and it's a basic digital delay, with a delay time up to 7 seconds. Sounds great, very clean but with a bit of character. It has a cool feature, if you press and hold the bypass switch, then play 4 evenly-spaced notes into the box, it will set the delay time to the tempo you play. This is very convenient, I've found it even easier than tap tempo.

There's a mini USB jack on the side, and with this, things get even more interesting. There's an editor app you can download, Mac/PC/IOS/Android, that allows you to edit the delays. There are a bunch of delay models, from digital to BBD to Tape, and they all sound pretty convincing, and a bunch of other parameters for further tweaking. Plus a ton of presets programmed to emulate famous tracks, but I haven't really delved into those yet. I settled on a BBD-based sound that I think sounds terrific.

The major downside I found, other than the lack of a battery option, is that the unit is really lightweight. The weight of the chords plugged into it was enough to pull it off of where I wanted it to sit. I ended up putting a little piece of Velcro on my Mini to hold it in place (I know, probably a sacrilige, but I'm a player, not a collector, and my Mini, while it sounds great, was kinda beat up when I bought it).

Highly recommended if you ever need a "little" delay.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Just bought the Spider Pro, and now have the lap top attachment (for my Moog), mic boom, metal screw, and bag on the way.
Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

Finally went in for a Moog Little Phatty, after years of wanting one. It's fantastic! (Although I wish I had seen DanL's listing first... Oh well)

And just yesterday: K&M table stand + accessories. May this be the last stand I buy for home use. I've had just awful ergonomics for years in my "gear corner". Hoping this solves it.

I make software noises.

Sold my Stage 2.

Purchased a Kawai MP7, and a Roland Integra.

Of course, the Kawai is much taller than my Nord, so I also

had to buy an extended height Roc-n-Soc throne (30") cuz it made my top tier a lot higher.

And of course I had to buy an SKB case for the Kawai. (Sorry, but boards that heavy are HARDER to carry in a bag than in a case. My NSHO.)

And I thought I would keep my Motif classic module in the rack with the Integra, but honestly, the Integra makes that unnecessary and pointless, so the 6space rack I bought used from MusicGoRound had to go back. And they don't refund cash.

So I also got a really groovy used TC Electronic Nova Repeater.

I'll post pics tonite in the Dig thread as I just spent the last 2 weeks programming the MP7, and the last week programming my Integra for this weekend's shows. Last nite after rehearsal I tore apart and rebuilt my rack.

Gear IS fun! :)

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Sounds like a nice rig Tony. It should last you a couple months before you change it all out again! :)

My latest purchases- Nord Lead A1 back in January, and 2 JBL Eon 610 speakers last week.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

The MP7 is nice.

I've been spending money on gear I don't play out. Jerry Erickson is refurbishing my old MSA D10 pedal steel and adding a 5th (vertical) knee lever making it a 8+5 Emmons setup.

Made a impulse purchase a week ago and picked up a new Ibanez banjo. I'm actually going to play this out in the Pop band. I'm having railroad spikes installed this week. I would use a Shubb 5th string Capo but instead of position inlays it has fancy scroll inlays and the Shubb would cover the side dot inlays.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/IBZ%20banjo_zpsoqudag7k.jpg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Lol - It's all a process.

Sold my Stage 2.

Purchased a Kawai MP7, and a Roland Integra.

Of course, the Kawai is much taller than my Nord, so I also

had to buy an extended height Roc-n-Soc throne (30") cuz it made my top tier a lot higher.

And of course I had to buy an SKB case for the Kawai. (Sorry, but boards that heavy are HARDER to carry in a bag than in a case. My NSHO.)

And I thought I would keep my Motif classic module in the rack with the Integra, but honestly, the Integra makes that unnecessary and pointless, so the 6space rack I bought used from MusicGoRound had to go back. And they don't refund cash.

So I also got a really groovy used TC Electronic Nova Repeater.

I'll post pics tonite in the Dig thread as I just spent the last 2 weeks programming the MP7, and the last week programming my Integra for this weekend's shows. Last nite after rehearsal I tore apart and rebuilt my rack.

Gear IS fun! :)

Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

Latest purchase? Hammond-Hauler earlier this month...

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2hyk9x.jpg

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Just picked up another On Stage KS7150 platform stand from B&H Photo/Video in NYC:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/496103-REG/On_Stage_KS7150_KS7150_Platform_Style_Keyboard.html

http://static.bhphoto.com/images/images500x500/On_Stage_KS7150_KS7150_Platform_Style_Keyboard_1233103791000_496103.jpg

Only $57.76, compared to $79.99 everywhere else. I use two of these live, one for my rack, to my left, and one for my keyboard when I'm only bringing one board to the gig.

I really don't know why more people don't use these - they hold up to 375 lbs, fold up completely flat, have independent telescoping legs, you can add a second tier or a mic boom, the floor beneath it is totally free for pedals, and it's so cheap, even at $80.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

The MP7 is nice.

I've been spending money on gear I don't play out. Jerry Erickson is refurbishing my old MSA D10 pedal steel and adding a 5th (vertical) knee lever making it a 8+5 Emmons setup.

Made a impulse purchase a week ago and picked up a new Ibanez banjo. I'm actually going to play this out in the Pop band. I'm having railroad spikes installed this week. I would use a Shubb 5th string Capo but instead of position inlays it has fancy scroll inlays and the Shubb would cover the side dot inlays.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/IBZ%20banjo_zpsoqudag7k.jpg

Cool! That is awesome!

NS3C, Hammond XK5, Yamaha S7X, Sequential Prophet 6, Yamaha YC73, Roland Jupiter X

Just picked up another On Stage KS7150 platform stand from B&H Photo/Video in NYC:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/496103-REG/On_Stage_KS7150_KS7150_Platform_Style_Keyboard.html

http://static.bhphoto.com/images/images500x500/On_Stage_KS7150_KS7150_Platform_Style_Keyboard_1233103791000_496103.jpg

Only $57.76, compared to $79.99 everywhere else. I use two of these live, one for my rack, to my left, and one for my keyboard when I'm only bringing one board to the gig.

I really don't know why more people don't use these - they hold up to 375 lbs, fold up completely flat, have independent telescoping legs, you can add a second tier or a mic boom, the floor beneath it is totally free for pedals, and it's so cheap, even at $80.

I think I need to get one of these when I'm using just one board. I'm so sick of having no leg room room when using my X-stand!

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Just picked up another On Stage KS7150 platform stand from B&H Photo/Video in NYC: ...

I really don't know why more people don't use these

Agreed. Cheap, strong & quick setup. They don't travel well, especially if you have a second tier. I use a velcro strap to secure the legs in transit.

Last purchase was a Zoom H2n, to replace one that grew legs at a gig. 3yrs, no interest. Last Day.

Just picked up another On Stage KS7150 platform stand from B&H Photo/Video in NYC: ...

Agreed. Cheap, strong & quick setup. They don't travel well, especially if you have a second tier. I use a velcro strap to secure the legs in transit.

I use a cheap keyboard bag to carry both my On Stage bench and seat. It's much easier than having to carry them separately.

Picked up a E-mu E4X Turbo from brotha Markyboard :wave: a few weeks ago. Then, I bought a Novation Impulse 49 MIDI controller. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Replacement volume and audio input pots and side panels for my Fantom X7. I managed to install everything yesterday without totally losing religion.

Now if I could find replacement side panels for my Yamaha S70XS, my rig would be looking sharp!

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Got a Hall of Fame mini reverb pedal for my guitar with 1 spot adapter , sounds awesome.

Nothing keys related recently though.

Nord Stage 2 HA76 | Roland FA-06

Gretsch G5420s I H&K Statesman | Strymon Flint | Catalinbread SCP | Source Audio Nemesis.

Got a Hall of Fame mini reverb pedal for my guitar with 1 spot adapter , sounds awesome.

so you decided against a Kronos ?

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

so you decided against a Kronos ?

Ha Ha, no ide still be interested in a 73 key Kronos 2 but I'd have to swap it with my Nord stage 2 plus cash or something and nothing has come up still... Meanwhile I'm happy with my Nord-FA-06 setup.

My guitar rig is coming together for a new band though.

Fender Baja 50s reissue Telecaster (love it)

Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100 combo (got new for a bargain price ,full valve amp)

HOF mini ( awesomeness in a small box)

Yamaha APX-700ii acoustic

Looking for a tremelo or vibrato pedal next.

Gretsch G5420s I H&K Statesman | Strymon Flint | Catalinbread SCP | Source Audio Nemesis.

Was also thinking of getting a boost pedal. Maybe a TC Electronic Spark, was thinking I could wire my Nord through this in my other band also and if I'm ever wanting a boost in sound stomp on it... GAS :)

The 50s Baja, People love the neck or they hate it. I like it it is real comfortable for chording. It is my #2 Telecaster. It is the only Tele I own that I have kept completely stock. If I was playing guitar gigs still I would probably get a 60s Baja and have benders installed on it. My main working guitar is a 90s Mexican Tele with a G and B bender.

I take the best gig I can get but If I could custom design my next gig I would be playing honky tonk piano and doubling on pedal steel, banjo and maybe mandolin. I would be working with a really hot guitar player and could leave all the 6 six guitar gear at home.

I like the Boss TR-2. I used it in a Country Top 40 band where a the primary settings where very hard Tremolo (Helicopter chop sound.

The TR-2 would do what you need. But based on the stuff you are playing I would look into the Voodoo Labs pedal. I have had great luck with Voodoo Labs stuff. There are better Tremolos but the TR-2 and Voodoo Labs are around $100. But paying $250+ for something like a Diamond Tremolo seems like overkill to me.

[video:youtube]

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Last purchase was a Zoom H2n, to replace one that grew legs at a gig. 3yrs, no interest. Last Day.

This is how I carry mine in my Honda CRV:

http://i.imgur.com/u3PTc3F.jpg

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Totally agree. I really like mine. I've used it for both my DMC122 and FA08. Folds up small. No up/down bounce. Light weight. TONS of leg room. However, you have to be careful when folding up the legs - multiple times I've gotten my finger stuck in there. Major pain. I should buy another one for when I setup in an L.

Totally agree. I really like mine. I've used it for both my DMC122 and FA08. Folds up small. No up/down bounce. Light weight. TONS of leg room. However, you have to be careful when folding up the legs - multiple times I've gotten my finger stuck in there. Major pain. I should buy another one for when I setup in an L.

So I just ordered one of these. Do you guys have any issues with your keyboards sliding around? I'm going to use this with my Hammond SK1 which only weighs 16 lbs.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

The 50s Baja, People love the neck or they hate it. I like it it is real comfortable for chording. It is my #2 Telecaster. It is the only Tele I own that I have kept completely stock. If I was playing guitar gigs still I would probably get a 60s Baja and have benders installed on it. My main working guitar is a 90s Mexican Tele with a G and B bender.

I take the best gig I can get but If I could custom design my next gig I would be playing honky tonk piano and doubling on pedal steel, banjo and maybe mandolin. I would be working with a really hot guitar player and could leave all the 6 six guitar gear at home.

I like the Boss TR-2. I used it in a Country Top 40 band where a the primary settings where very hard Tremolo (Helicopter chop sound.

The TR-2 would do what you need. But based on the stuff you are playing I would look into the Voodoo Labs pedal. I have had great luck with Voodoo Labs stuff. There are better Tremolos but the TR-2 and Voodoo Labs are around $100. But paying $250+ for something like a Diamond Tremolo seems like overkill to me.

[video:youtube]

Yeah I like the neck, I had a Gibson Les Paul 50s tribute before that and that neck was FAT!!, I've always wanted a decent tele after owning a fender telecaster blackout neck with an after market copy body, I sold it and upgraded to the Baja, love it.

I can get used to any neck to be honest, but yeah I play 40% Piano , 10% keyboard,30% on the Tele and about 20% on my electro acoustic in that band.

I like the look of the boss tr-2 as I've seen them sell for £35 on certain auction site.

I'm all for buying 2nd hand cheaper... In fact I got my Baja tele 2nd hand, 1 year old-good as new for £300 (he payed £650), I usually buy stand etc new and mics but both my keyboards were hardly used pristine condition used , both a lot cheaper £450 for the FA-06 and £1400 for the Nord and case (bought 10 months earlier for £2600) , I just feel better getting a bargain me :).

I'm already planning my pedal board for the tele, might take me a while but I'll get there.

So I just ordered one of these. Do you guys have any issues with your keyboards sliding around? I'm going to use this with my Hammond SK1 which only weighs 16 lbs.

I glued thick spongy shelf liner to the top(black of course). Spongier the better. Plus you can adjust the width to more than adequately support an SK1.

Do you guys have any issues with your keyboards sliding around? I'm going to use this with my Hammond SK1 which only weighs 16 lbs.
Velcro®

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI