Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Well, after at least three years of thinking about it, i sold my unused OB-6 and ordered a Nord Wave 2, that will substitute my MODX7 in the setup for the electro-jazz group Komalea.

Maurizio

• Like 3

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

https://barbogio.bandcamp.com/follow_me

Roland JD-Xi. Never planned to get one, but saw one very cheap (too good to be true?) so risked it. Turns out it was a family clearing out after a bereavement and just looked at ebay starting prices. Brand new, boxed and still had all the extras in the wrappers so probably had next to no use. Mini keys next to useless, but it sounds great, has an analog synth, drums, Supernatural sounds (two engines), vocoder and mic, and a USB Audio interface. Also handy to connect to an iPad for doodling and it has Midi in and out. All in all, a great little machine for having a bit of fun with.

If its good enough for Nick Rhodes to have in his live rig, can’t be a toy…

• Like 2

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

I ordered a Keith McMillen BopPad last week and it came today. 

I've opened the box, all is well. Haven't fired it up yet, that comes later. 

MIDI, a single USB socket and a computer interface for playing plugins. No knobs or switches.

If you are using a drum plugin you can tweak it both there and with the provided computer program. 

It's the latest version, now it's red instead of black. Couldn't find much on this version but click on "More Details" button on this page and there's a video below. 

https://www.sweetwater.com/c644--Drum_Triggers?highlight=BopPadRed&mrkgadid=&mrkgcl=28&mrkgen=&mrkgbflag=&mrkgcat=&acctid=21700000001645388&dskeywordid=&lid=58700008472812680&dsproductgroupid=&product_id=BopPadRed&prodctry=US&prodlang=en&channel=online&storeid=&device=c&network=x&matchtype=&adpos=largenumber&locationid=9033356&creative=&targetid=&campaignid=20349950157&awsearchcpc=&&&gclid=CjwKCAjwu4WoBhBkEiwAojNdXqIRYz1r811lwM04mHCidLZkAzfrGGTW_DjyQzlb17OpmbMPC1cz7xoC5zcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I just recently picked up an Arturia Keylab Essentials 61 MK3 as a 2nd tier control option as well as the occasional rehearsal board.  As a low budget offering, I am surprised how usable the keybed is.  Could be much better, but I've felt so much worse.  Perfect for horn stabs, synth leads, a little Hammond.  I was able to create custom setups easily for multiple iPad apps.  And the free Analog Lab software has some real nice sounds!  I also picked up Camelot Pro for the iPad, which works really well for setlists, backing tracks, program changes and MIDI management.

20230913_180958.thumb.jpg.d7cd96eded092bc0e0622118a5b7b5e4.jpg

• Like 1

OMG! Finally! The super rare, out-of-production Roland EV7 expression pedal works fantastically well, with full range of motion controlling the volume/expression on the Roland VR09. So pleased! 

edit: Oh, a slight foible…it does not quite go to zero level on non-organ sounds…and there might be a slight dead spot at the lowest 15% of the throw on all sounds. Still, by FAR the best expression I’ve found yet for this quirky little board.

• Like 1

Just got this: an oldie, but hopefully some good rack mounted single-space bang for the buck for live gigs.

IMG_0487__11807.jpg

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

My rig is about as "set" as it's every been....one Nord Stage 3.  With one "needs a bit of repair" Modx (yeah haven't done it yet, I've been at the vet too much lately getting repairs done on pets....), one Summit, a Forte 7 and SK Pro that are there if needed.  One or more of these is getting sold if I can muster the energy for it.

So...what to buy?  :D  

I got a wild hair and decided to fill in a gap that the Modx did that the Stage can't--though I didn't find that the Modx did it very well--vocoding.  I got an Electro Harmonix v256 pedal, which has midi.  It's a pretty old pedal but the demos sound like what I'm after, and ideally my vocal mic will just go in and out and work as normal when I bypass.  That is probably my main question, will bypass impact the mic signal negatively...I sing some lead and a ton of  harmonies.  Worst case, i'll have to use a spare mic and stand and bring the signal into a channel of my Key Largo (that might be the better way to go anyway, we'll see).

Want to upgrade your stage look?

Best $29.00. I've spent all year.   I do a ton of Theater and Winery gigs,  for a vibey look, they often provide Persian style rugs for keys, drums, etc.    I  carry one with me as well, but  always have to take it from my studio, and kinda heavy.   Found these on Amazon:  more like a bathmat than true rug, but serves the purpose- super light and easy to fold/roll.  Plus washable.   The drummer on the gig ordered one on break! 

Forgive this horrific cable mess. This past Saturday, we were about to be rained out at an amphitheater gig, so we moved up to the covered pavilion and quickly reset with no  time to dress it up.  Note the listing for the one I bought is now missing on Amazon, but there's a ton of similar ones under $40.00

IMG_5393.thumb.JPG.61c57de0d906113c7a1bf62148d6eae1.JPGIMG_5395.thumb.JPG.b428c5cf1c390a606a56ee90a0485355.JPG

• Like 4

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

I recently bought a used mint-condition Kurz PC4-7.  I really like it's sounds, portability, interface with numerous assignable knobs and sliders, midi capabilities, and compromise SW action. 

IMO it's AP's and EP's are top shelf,  especially after adding Dave Weiser's sounds and the Purgatory Creek Rhodes.  It's KB3 and Leslie sim, although not quite as good as my Hammond SK1 or NE 5dD, work for me in a band setting.

My only slight concern with the PC4-7 is its durability with its lightweight plastic shell  FWIW...  My old SP4-7 feels more durable with its largely metal shell. Of course that metal shell adds about 5 lbs. of weight. 

• Like 1

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

An Assassin guitar, sort of a Strat thingie. It was $22 and change at Value Village and it cleaned up nicely. 

I think it sat in a closet, unplayed. I'm most of the way through the cleaning/adjusting process, I also swapped out the crappy import jack with a Switchcraft. 

5 lbs 6 oz, very light and comfortable to play. I'll do some final tweaks after the new strings settle tomorrow and take it to a Saturday night gig. Then I should know if it stays or if it goes. 

IMG_1300.JPG

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I bought a pair of cheap KZ in ear monitors and I am waiting for them to be delivered from China. 

They sound good on stage (I have borrowed some similar price tag KZs) especially for 55 euros

• Like 1
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Yamaha CK61 and still deciding between Nord Piano 5 or Studiologic Numa Piano X 73 in the next week 🤨

• Like 3

NS4 73HA, Yamaha MODX7+, Korg C1 Air, Roland TD1-DMK, Harley Benton TalkBox, Sony F-760 dynamic microphone, Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen, M-Audio Track Duo, MacBook Air M1, Logic Pro 11, Kontakt 7, Mainstage, Cubasis 3 (IOS), Korg Module (IOS),

• 3 weeks later...

All of you here talked about the Mojo 61 so much, I went out and got a used one. Thanks to all of you for the posts and all the good info, and to Old No7 (Darryl) for providing the Mojo.

Played forever but never had a clonewheel despite using non-stop classic rock organ synth patches every weekend for decades. About time!

20231010_165912.jpg

• Like 2

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

On 9/21/2023 at 12:07 PM, obxa said:

Want to upgrade your stage look?

Best $29.00. I've spent all year.   I do a ton of Theater and Winery gigs,  for a vibey look, they often provide Persian style rugs for keys, drums, etc.    I  carry one with me as well, but  always have to take it from my studio, and kinda heavy.   Found these on Amazon:  more like a bathmat than true rug, but serves the purpose- super light and easy to fold/roll.  Plus washable.   The drummer on the gig ordered one on break! 

Forgive this horrific cable mess. This past Saturday, we were about to be rained out at an amphitheater gig, so we moved up to the covered pavilion and quickly reset with no  time to dress it up.  Note the listing for the one I bought is now missing on Amazon, but there's a ton of similar ones under $40.00

IMG_5393.thumb.JPG.61c57de0d906113c7a1bf62148d6eae1.JPGIMG_5395.thumb.JPG.b428c5cf1c390a606a56ee90a0485355.JPG

Haha.. that looks like my rig 😆

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

6 hours ago, Jim Alfredson said:

Just bought this Erika Synths Zen Delay from fellow board member @RABid. It rules! I was playing around with it last night on my Octave Cat and it's incredibly sounding. So much fun!

Glad you like it. I bought it and the Erica Bassline to go with my Eurorack modular, then immediately decided that I need a unit with lots of CV inputs for that modular experience. :)

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I just bought a used Frontier Alpha Track transport. I'm still using a 12 year old Win 7/ i7 quad core, 16gb ram and Sonar X3. Works just fine but nothing new will work with the system. Upgrading to Windows 11 probably isn't a good idea. If I replace one thing I'll have to replace everything. The Alpha Track is a great little piece of kit, affordable when new and super affordable used--$30 on Reverb, free shipping. 

Craig's Helix book:  https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AndertonHX-e--sweetwater-publishing-the-big-book-of-helix-tips-and-tricks

Comes with free Universal Audio LA-2A compressor plugin, though I'll probably have to buy Craig's dynamics book or his Max Your Mixes book to learn how to use it

Bought the Helix book because I started tweaking my HX Stomp presets a little more.  I'd eventually like to make a preset that emulates some of the behavior and sound of a piano damper pedal... on a guitar

Gator spandex-y keyboard covers. Because New Mexico desert dust is a 24/7 bee-yotch in these parts.

20231016_175428.jpg

• Like 2