Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Got a DJ Tech Tools MIDI Fighter Twister knob controller for my DAW setup the other week to provide more tactile control of my softsynths. Very well-built, nice solid knob action and can be easily custom-configurable via the MF Utility app (just remember to run as Administrator in Win 10/11 or else the application screen will keep blinking and won't recognize the MIDI Fighter Twister. It looks pretty sweet with the LEDs, even when you boot up your computer.

20240202_224613.jpg.6c1c1ee27f7f7ac6bb111745c7a06213.jpg

• Like 2

Apple had Studio Displays on sale so I picked one up and just got it at least temporarily setup it connected to my MBP and sits next to my desktop.   Boy it was a lot heavier than I expected but the stand is very sturdy, the speakers in it sound good especially for ones in a monitor.   It supports a long list of resolutions so my MBP is running Ableton Live and Logic Pro and much easier to see on this 27" display than my laptop.   So real happy with it and looking forward to checking out a movie on it.     

• Like 1

Yamaha Seqtrak arrives tomorrow purchased with money from Gearexchange sales. Had a Teenage Engineering OP1 years ago and sold it. Though it seems to be the darling of the YouTube pushers I could not get past the 80's Casio sound. Hopefully the Yamaha is a good replacement. It sure seems to sound better.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• 1 month later...

Alesis Quadrasynth S4 1U module

Had one of these in my gigging rack 30 years ago.  Didn't get it for the keyboards (though they are excellent), but for the stellar (IMO) orchestral patches (clarinet, flute, trombone, bassoon; wow!); well, and a little nostalgia.  Now in my home studio for musical theater projects.

Tip o' the hat, Alesis -- you've made some great gear for us.

spacer.png

Arturia MiniLab MkIII

My new auxilary board for one-handed organ-playing with VB3m/iPad (runs off the iPad's battery, over USB.)

spacer.png

• Like 1

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

Refurbished Fender Vintera II Competition Mustang which was selling for $880 at time of purchase.  It arrived from Franklin Guitar Works in fantastic condition and playability.  Love the out of phase sound for rhythm playing.

https://reverb.com/item/79608025-fender-vintera-series-ii-70s-mustang-capri-orange-with-dakota-red-stripes-53478-bo

König & Meyer stuff...

18953 + stackers + laptop holder (to carry my NI B4D Drawbar and a tiny mixer)

https://www.k-m.de/en/products/keyboard-stands/keyboard-tables/18953-table-style-stage-piano-stand-black

18810 + stackers

https://www.k-m.de/en/products/keyboard-stands/keyboard-tables/18810-table-style-keyboard-stand-omega-black?c=171

Bunch of extra sustain and expression pedals, and another foot switch for Leslie speed on my HX3, to not have to lug all that junk back and forth to the rehearsal space, it'll be enough doing this with the boards and the organ gear...

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Well, I have GAS now and then, but now I have made a definition on it - K-GAS and G-GAS - it depends if it is related to keyboards or guitars.

So I had been watching the Gretsch and the Filtertrons pickups for a while, saw a YouTube video, then several more ( damn YT), looked around for used at sale for a while and ended up with a this 5420 Electromatic with case from 2013 at a fair price. And I love it ! It have already got more playing time the last 3 weeks than all my other guitars together. I will just play through a song or solo before something…. That was 2 hours ago, and I am still sitting here 😝

Then a PRS DGT SE I had been dreaming on for a year showing up in an ad, and I could get the color I wanted at a reasonable price (New), so I told myself if not now, then when ? It is of course something different than the Gretsch, but it feels great to play, and I love the sound in it.

Well, I am still a keyboard player, but not dreaming about anything in that division, and haven’t for a while. I could upgrade my NS3HP for a NS4 73HA, and that would make sense, but I finding them to expensive, and really don’t need to - heck, that’s two good guitars 🙃

I am still trying to convince myself that the Osmose are too specific about sound aiming trough (lovely) pads and authentic samples of orchestral stuff, and the editor to difficult to master for me.

Marinos excellent demo of one trigger my K-GAS, it would be nice to have that tactic control over the keys I never got from my Seaboard, but I am afraid it will end up as one seldom used in my synth collection.

Now, there is that lovely Gretsch Country Gentleman Players Edition ( with open F-holes) in dark dark red or in Walnut stain… but it is almost a NS4 ….

Might the force be with me - or the lottery coupon bring me luck …

IMG_1051.jpeg

• Like 2
/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

9 minutes ago, bjosko said:

looked around for used at sale for a while and ended up with a this 5420 Electromatic with case from 2013 at a fair price.   

IMG_1051.jpeg

I have the same silver sparkle Gretsch except mine has the single coil Dearmond 2000 pickups. A rockabilly machine.

On 2/14/2024 at 2:03 AM, elsongs said:

Got a DJ Tech Tools MIDI Fighter Twister knob controller for my DAW setup the other week to provide more tactile control of my softsynths. Very well-built, nice solid knob action and can be easily custom-configurable via the MF Utility app (just remember to run as Administrator in Win 10/11 or else the application screen will keep blinking and won't recognize the MIDI Fighter Twister. It looks pretty sweet with the LEDs, even when you boot up your computer.

20240202_224613.jpg.6c1c1ee27f7f7ac6bb111745c7a06213.jpg

I need something like this for some of my MIDI compatible digital Eurorack modules.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

8 minutes ago, D. Gauss said:

I have the same silver sparkle Gretsch except mine has the single coil Dearmond 2000 pickups. A rockabilly machine.

Mine is in the color Aspen Green, but it might be difficult to se from the picture. And I play it mostly unplugged (as most of my guitars), but for now am happy how it sounds plugged as well, but might offer new wiring and a treble bleed on it some day. I used it more for rock and blues, it are a versatile guitar.

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

A 60cm Usb 3.2 / Thunderbolt 4 or something extension cable for a usb hub, with a "normal" Usb 3 (or 2) connection to the audio interface, and Ethernet connection (and sometimes a screen connection 4k (or 8k)). It has strong build and 40Gb/s indicated on it, which made it like two tenners. It works good thus far, reliable, the 90 degrees connector pulls no stress on the notebook, and is (just) flexible enough.

T

Leslie 145 from 1964 that actually came back to me when I saw it for sale on EBay.  The best thing is the original buyer from last year was driving near here a month ago and dropped it off.  It's also cool as it's a mahogany finish and Leslie's are rare with this finish. 

• Like 2

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Well I got something completely unexpected. Found at an estate sale in near mint condition. Probably hasn’t been played in 20 years but after a lot of heavy lifting and a quick clean its up in my studio. Between Vangelis and Peter Gabriel I’m just a crazy for this sound. I’ve never thought I’d own one of these much less in this condition.  It has MIDI installed although I haven’t tried it yet. 

IMG_8335.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Cool 5
  • Love 5

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

A pair of these puppies on incoming:

https://www.kaliaudio.com/lp-unf

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

I put this on another thread, but in case you missed it, this is my newest keyboard, bought for a niece's wedding (as if I needed an excuse to buy another keyboard 😆)

It is a used but close to mint KORG B2. And I want to add that, after playing it for a while, the keybed is very useable and consistent. At less than 250€, shipping and soft transport bag included, seems like a good acquisition.

IMG_20240404_213033.thumb.jpg.1af7db23e9c1381a927eecbf8a80a17b.jpg

• Like 1

Been a little while ago but a MOTU M6 audio interface. Nice kit, compact but complete and the mic preamps sound very clear and full. I plugged a Focusrite ISA Two into channels 5 and 6, which are just line in. Now they are mic, line and instrument in with great sounding transformers in the ISA Two providing a bit of enhancement. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

On 4/9/2024 at 2:15 PM, J.F.N. said:

A pair of these puppies on incoming:

https://www.kaliaudio.com/lp-unf

Arrived here yesterday afternoon, installed and ready, sounds great!!

IMG_20240411_165750.jpg

• Like 2

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

24 minutes ago, K K said:

Got the all new Creative Pebble X Plus 2.1 system. Incredible sound and impressive bass for its size.

I've heard good thinks about the Pebbles - but never from a source who's a musician! Good to hear.

Cheers, Mike.

2 hours ago, stoken6 said:

I've heard good thinks about the Pebbles - but never from a source who's a musician! Good to hear.

Cheers, Mike.

Hi there !

I mostly use high quality headphones for practice and recording for maximum presence and optimal frequency response, but those new Pebble Xs with subwoofer are just fine for final mixes with a DAW or listening to anything on the computer, from techno to classical. The X Plus 2.1 system offers a 45–20,000 Hz response and I can confirm the tiny subwoofer sure moves dust away from the desk when I listen to Moog Taurus pedals.  :roll:

The great guy below compares the different versions of Pebbles. And he is right that the latest generation is definitely quite a notch above the previous ones. I didn't like they are USB powered, but Creative gives a 67 W charger / power supply for free with the purchase.  :wave:

Yamaha P121 73 key weighted action piano.  Showed up on FB while i was at a gig.  Sent message. Turns out it was literally in the apartment building directly across the street from the club i was playing at. Sent them $250 Venmo. Walked across street on break and picked it up. Went back and finished gig.  Gotta love NYC sometimes. Yay, about 21 lbs and it fits across the backseat of a car with ease.

• Like 1

Two more of these (now I have 6 in total...)

71uYSlRg4YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

:D

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -