Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heads-up: SpaceStation keyboard amp is apparently back

I have just tonight updated the SW delivery status, so what they told you today was what they saw on their computer planning page. That should be updated by tomorrow. So to be realistic, better plan on late April at the very earliest.

Thanks for your thorough explanation, Aspen. Delivery changes noted/expectations adjusted. :)

Thanks Aspen. Good report. I always have people asking me how much and where do you get it and how long it takes. Its like word of mouth marketing kind of like a good movie. Best marketing there is!!

Nord Stage 2 88

Korg M50

Korg KINGKORG

SPACESTATION V.3

Behringer Eurolive B-1200D PRO

Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee

www.endlesssummertheband.com

Been playing solo, duo, trio and quartet gigs. SS V3 has performed admirably. On the Casio px 5s Facebook forum, people are asking about the SS. I referred them to this forum.
Casio PX5s, XWP1 and CPS SSV3

Oh yes... As well as sharing tips, tricks and field reports. For me, it's quite revolutionary since it allows me to hear my sounds the way I programmed them. I'm even leaving my Leslie at home, and that makes gigging a breeze. 6 months ago I wouldn't have thought that was possible...

My friend bought a SS after I brought to his house. He had made his own systems over the years and he owns two Bose Compact L1s. He told me last night he's thinking of selling SS and his idea is to add a Model 1S Bose and run the Compacts R-sound on each side of stage and position the 1S in between him and drummer and run L-sound.

I played devil's advocate and brought up how that sweet spot would disappear quickly and the appeal that the SS stays stereo in room.

He hasn't made final decision. Oh, by the way, I demoed the SS to another friend and he's buying one.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

My friend bought a SS after I brought to his house. He had made his own systems over the years and he owns two Bose Compact L1s. He told me last night he's thinking of selling SS and his idea is to add a Model 1S Bose and run the Compacts R-sound on each side of stage and position the 1S in between him and drummer and run L-sound.

I have two L1:s that used to be my keyboard monitors. They are fantastic but the SS has them beat...

I have two L1:s that used to be my keyboard monitors. They are fantastic but the SS has them beat...

I was just going to say... having owned an L1 for years and still having a friends L1 in my garage (electric music room) I can only confirm that - let alone the difference in number of pieces and weight to move it around, as well as the way the bose sound interacts with conventional amps and PA's...

gig: hammond sk-1 73, neo vent, nord stage 2 76, ancona 34 accordion, cps space station v3

home: steinway m, 1950 hammond c2

There is a slight hum on my SS when I use it at home (condo). No hum at all on any of my gigs. I have all new cords and have switched them all around. Is there a way to clean up the current at home, if that could be the problem?
Casio PX5s, XWP1 and CPS SSV3

I called SW and will receive a new unit in the next batch.

AndyW, whatever came of this? Was the replacement better? My front speaker buzzes with all levels down and only power connected. Tried in different circuits and buildings. Have to wait for next shipment to SW for exchange. Full disclosure: the box had a big puncture and the speaker grate a slight indentation.

There is a slight hum on my SS when I use it at home (condo). No hum at all on any of my gigs. I have all new cords and have switched them all around. Is there a way to clean up the current at home, if that could be the problem?

Try it in different rooms, if no hum then it's your house wiring. I have had a few guys complain about that and it turned out to be the way room "additions" were added. Be sure all your electrical components are "homerunned" (all coming from one "clean" AC outlet. Or if you've added extra AC breaker panels that thry have a common ground.

It sounds like you got ground loops and/or dimmers in the house feeding into the AC supply systems.

If it's"OK" in the club, then it's not the SS3. But the SS3 is sensitive, tri-amped so VERY full range....so if anything is gonna show up a ground loop you can count on a SS3!

Homes are not usually built like studios...or clubs...where AC routing is considered in the design. But as some here have already mentioned, there are products made that will minimize or eliminate these hum issue.

Hammond A100 w/ 2x Leslie 122, Leslie 145 w/ combo pedal, Casio P5S, SS3, Groove Tubes SFX G5 cab + CPS/QSC RM4500 KB amp, 1955 Steinway 48" studio upright.

About to hit the stage for Papa Mali's record release party, with the SS. As I was getting my sounds together, some random guy from the audience came up and asked me, "Is that like a mini Leslie?"

How great FunkKey! Gotta love that comment! "And look Ma, no moving parts!"

I may have to put that comment up on our new facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/centerpointstereo?ref=hl

Although with this thread I am not sure it's really needed.

But my totally connected daughter, Autmmn Pittman, wanted to chip in and help out her "social media challenged" old man!

Hammond A100 w/ 2x Leslie 122, Leslie 145 w/ combo pedal, Casio P5S, SS3, Groove Tubes SFX G5 cab + CPS/QSC RM4500 KB amp, 1955 Steinway 48" studio upright.

I called SW and will receive a new unit in the next batch.

AndyW, whatever came of this? Was the replacement better? My front speaker buzzes with all levels down and only power connected. Tried in different circuits and buildings. Have to wait for next shipment to SW for exchange. Full disclosure: the box had a big puncture and the speaker grate a slight indentation.

Wow, did you make a note about the box w/ the Fed Ex delivery guy? Best to always make them write that down in case of damage later discovered.

FYI, I will personally see to it that you are completely satisfied w/ your SS3, but if Fed Ex screwed up then they need to be a part of the solution!

Meanwhile, send me a PM and I'll give you my direct email, so you can keep me posted.

Homes are not usually built like studios...or clubs...where AC routing is considered in the design. But as some here have already mentioned, there are products made that will minimize or eliminate these hum issue.

I guess it depends on how loosely we define a club.

Picture this scenario so typical for places down here in the south, a conversation between the bar manager and a patron who is also an "electrician on the side"

manager - "well were just about through remodeling this old place, used to be thrift store. The owner wants to book bands here.We didnt include any electricity for the bands, and you know they are going to want more than one outlet for their PA.How cheap can you add some outlets and breakers and such?"

joe electrician- surveys layout. "Well look, there is the beer coolers right there by the bandstand. I can come off that circuit and wire up a few receptacles for them. Hell, they dont run much power for their stuff.No need for breakers and grounding stuff.How about $50 bucks for materials and a 50 dollar bar tab one night?

Manager - its a deal , lemme buy you a beer.

sad but true

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

I was about to ask if anyone else has noticed what seems to be speaker "break-in" - the overall sound and transients seeming more smooth and rich after the SS3 is used several hours - but decided to research it a bit first to be sure it wasn't just a matter of ear conditioning; found this:

EMINENCE SPEAKER BREAK-IN INFORMATION

Speaker break-in is described on the Eminence site as "significant," primarily for these reasons:

"As the speaker is used, the spider and cone surround begin losing some of their initial stiffness. The sonic results you will hear are an increase in overall warmth, slightly deeper/fatter lows, and warmer/smoother highs."

So if you think the SS3 keeps sounding better and better, it's probably not imagined: those amazing Eminence speakers become even more amazing with time.

[and - any new owners considering returning or selling the SS3 (like 16251's friend above) may want to play it several hours first].

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KSubs / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112 MB115 MB210 Neo410

Newby here.

I should be recieving one of these soon.

I have a couple questions.

Has anyone used this as a pa. My set up is

One acoustic gt. one Parker Fly electric and acoustic into a Kemper amp.

Two vocals. I'm using a seq. program Sweetmidi into a Ketron module

Sd2 for backing tracks( drums,keys,bass) Mixed on a dL1608

I have one sub(Ev zx1a or Qsc KW181) i sent out to an aux.

Is anyone using the SS this way? In other words full range

Duo similar to this?

And

Secondly, is anyone using 2 of these and if so,

How is it configured? One each side,stacked,different inst.

On one?

I thought about 2 for a larger gig and running one

Wireless at the other end of room or outside.

Let me know of your real life experince this way

As apposed to just a keyboard amp.

Thanks!

Trevor

Newby here.

Welcome. While you are waiting for your amp to arrive, you should read this very thread you posted onto. Some of your questions have already been answered already, in particular the question about using more than one SS3.

:nopity:

Okay, I was just trying to "fast track" to a user with simalar

Needs. Will do,it'll be an adventure! Theres just so many

Pages on this post it's like a never ending story!

Fun though.

Try FAQs [url:http://centerpointstereo.com/faq.php]here[/url].

Here for the gear.

About to hit the stage for Papa Mali's record release party, with the SS. As I was getting my sounds together, some random guy from the audience came up and asked me, "Is that like a mini Leslie?"

:D:2thu::D

gig: hammond sk-1 73, neo vent, nord stage 2 76, ancona 34 accordion, cps space station v3

home: steinway m, 1950 hammond c2

Okay this is the space I want to fill. Do I stack two on top a sub?

Same music material?,vocals in one only? Can the sub be beside it where do I

Possition things etc. ?

Heres a photo link of the space it actually goes to the side and bck a bit more

Than this. So, will two and a sub cover this kind of space?

The stage is at the back of picture....

Firehouse winery