Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heads-up: SpaceStation keyboard amp is apparently back

Aspen, great info in your last post, but people may still have the misconception that "mono" comes out of the sub out, usable for FOH.

On the CPS web-site, it says that the left and right inputs use 1/4" stereo plugs. For the sub out the SS uses a 1/4" plug. Not stereo, but mono for the output.

Casio PX5s, XWP1 and CPS SSV3

Go to My Stuff - Preferences, and set it to a higher number. Mine is set to 50 and I only see this thread is 43 pages. :P

again :deadhorse:

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Strange, but nobody ever asked (and I don't believe I ever answered here), "OK Aspen, so what is the FIRST most common question they ask when they first hear it?"

So let's have some contest fun; the first one who can guess what the FIRST most common question is AND what my answer is (and sill is) gets a SS v.3 cover in the mail, PLUS a $5 bag of freshly fire roasted in the shell peanuts from my local Mexican swap meet (best in the world).

I'd guess the question would be "where's the other speaker?" but I can't guess the answer.

Go to My Stuff - Preferences, and set it to a higher number. Mine is set to 50 and I only see this thread is 43 pages. :P

again :deadhorse:

Huh? :confused:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Aspen, great info in your last post, but people may still have the misconception that "mono" comes out of the sub out, usable for FOH.

Isn't the sub out usable for FOH? (Most common question?)

I remember reading that it is a full range signal but can't remember reading if it is stereo.

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

most commonquestion, "where is the best place to place the speaker" Aspens answer " just place the SS on the floor against a wall or in a corner to extend the LF.

Nord Stage 2 88

Korg M50

Korg KINGKORG

SPACESTATION V.3

Behringer Eurolive B-1200D PRO

Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee

www.endlesssummertheband.com

Aspen mentioned in a prior post working on a comprehensive FAQ page for the Center Point Stereo website; looks like he has completed much of that and addresses many of these recent questions HERE.

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KSubs / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112 MB115 MB210 Neo410

rickp: My experiences with the v.3 sound/tone are the very same as yours wrt using a smallish bass combo amp for the sub link. I use this as the combo amp/sub link:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAP3115

BTW, how do you set the EQ's on you combo amp? I run mine all at 12 o'clock.

High-mid is cut a bit, rest are 12 o'clock, horn switched off. Nice specs on your Ibanez!

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KSubs / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112 MB115 MB210 Neo410

Most common question " how much does it cost and where can I buy one "

That's 2 good guesses, both wrong!

And the many more I read here are also in the top 10. But that is still not the #1 question I hear most here at APR studios where I have been demoing the CPS for the last 15 years since it's inception.

Hint: there is a hint in that comment.

Also FYI, I have now added a FAQ tab to the CPS website...you might try looking there.

Can anyone say "gentlemen, start your search engines"

http://www.centerpointstereo.com/faq.php

Hammond A100 w/ 2x Leslie 122, Leslie 145 w/ combo pedal, Casio P5S, SS3, Groove Tubes SFX G5 cab + CPS/QSC RM4500 KB amp, 1955 Steinway 48" studio upright.

Most common question: why is it so small?

Wait, sorry, not this forum ...

LOL, FOMA (fell on my ass)

Hey, I resemble that remark...

Hammond A100 w/ 2x Leslie 122, Leslie 145 w/ combo pedal, Casio P5S, SS3, Groove Tubes SFX G5 cab + CPS/QSC RM4500 KB amp, 1955 Steinway 48" studio upright.

I remember reading that it is a full range signal but can't remember reading if it is stereo.

From Aspen's FAQ page:

The SUB output is an unfiltered full frequency range signal that is a combination of both the Left and Right signals (or the mono mix).

It is a line level signal suitable for driving a powered sub woofer, sending as a "mono" signal to the FOH mixer, another to drive an additional stage monitor (e.g. to the far side of a stage).

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

"Does it sound as good as a Roland KC-500?"

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

On the CPS web-site, it says that the left and right inputs use 1/4" stereo plugs. For the sub out the SS uses a 1/4" plug. Not stereo, but mono for the output.

My point was not expressed well. My belief, based on Aspen's statements here, is that the sub out contains the same signal as the front speaker. That is, only the signal common to left and right, and none of the material coming from the side speaker, which reproduces all signal not common to left and right. I do not believe this would present an acceptable feed to FOH, since it may lack a significant amount of the actual content sent from a keyboard's left and right outputs.

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

My point was not expressed well. My belief, based on Aspen's statements here, is that the sub out contains the same signal as the front speaker. That is, only the signal common to left and right, and none of the material coming from the side speaker, which reproduces all signal not common to left and right. I do not believe this would present an acceptable feed to FOH, since it may lack a significant amount of the actual content sent from a keyboard's left and right outputs.

Keep up, man. ;) From a few posts above yours.

From Aspen's FAQ page:

The SUB output is an unfiltered full frequency range signal that is a combination of both the Left and Right signals (or the mono mix).

It is a line level signal suitable for driving a powered sub woofer, sending as a "mono" signal to the FOH mixer, another to drive an additional stage monitor (e.g. to the far side of a stage).

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI