Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambrosia's "Life Beyond L.A." album.  So good!

• Like 3

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kTkxhyWNo

The one thing I will ask about Stone Cold Crazy: How can you not like Freddie's vocals on this track? Brian May's guitar playing just improved with every Queen album ever made, and the rhythm section of John Deacon's bass playing and Roger Taylor's majestic drumming are part of the reason why Queen are just as influential as say, Led Zeppelin, or The Rolling Stones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3IrqmsC2rY

And whilst Lars Ulrich is no Roger Taylor, his drumming on the Metallica cover of Stone Cold Crazy is actually pretty good, where it plays hooky with the great vocals and guitars of Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield. No wonder Metallica was awarded a Grammy for Best Metal Performance for their soulful, near perfect cover version of Stone Cold Crazy.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:47 AM, Docbop said:

Love the old Soul feel like the music I grew up on.

I love this guy.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

As much as I dislike Cuortney Love, I will admit that Celebrity Skin is one of the greatest albums to have ever been released in the 1990s.

Celebrity Skin is a great album, and the title song is one of those really great songs of the 1990s. Hole could have made more great albums, had the gos of Billy Corgan and Courtney Love not got in the way.

• Like 2

I've listen to this trailer for the next Snarky Puppy album a number of times and looking forward to the album and I assume video.    What a band 19 people and they don't seem to step on each other toes, they work together like a machine making great music. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1