Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently listening to the entire Nightwish Century Child album...I like it.

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• 2 weeks later...

Some YellowJackets from their upcoming new album.   I still have great memories seeing them weekly at a local clubs when they just starting to record their first album back in 1980.   Older and a few lineup changes but still sounding good.

• Like 1

One of the perfect summer albums. I hadn't listened to this front to back in a long time, and ended up going through it a few times this week while on vacation, walking aimlessly in the Florida heat.  The songwriting is not as fully polished as everything of his that comes after, but there's a chaotic energy and atmosphere in the sound of the band on this album that I just can't turn away from.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BluMunk said:

One of the perfect summer albums. I hadn't listened to this front to back in a long time, and ended up going through it a few times this week while on vacation, walking aimlessly in the Florida heat.  The songwriting is not as fully polished as everything of his that comes after, but there's a chaotic energy and atmosphere in the sound of the band on this album that I just can't turn away from.

one of the perfect albums, ever :2thu:

:nopity:

An oldie cover from 2016, in the style of an oldie from 1922, covering an oldie from 2016. 

The reharmonisation and stylistic decisions bring a lot of new fresh ideas over and above just "same song, same chords, new instruments" that most covers seem to be based on.

Cheers, Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 1:38 AM, RABid said:

Always loved this. Sia does a great job

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Had.

..or put another way

A Brain Is Like An Umbrella. It Works Best When Its Open.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, nadroj said:

Digging this. Hard. The groove, the understated vocals, the wonderfully subtle pitch drifting textures on the chorus layered with the organ (big Nic Semrad vibes)…the solo…the lead tone…good stuff. 

This one takes me right back to Prince-land!

• Like 1

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Had.

..or put another way

Domi - what I love most about her are:

1. A musical maturity centuries older than her years. Its as if she's absorbed the whole core of Jazz and is spitting it out in a new way. Astonishing talent

2. She's a girlie!!! I know this is fairly self-evident, but in the Jazz world - and on keys in particular - a rare sight.

..or put another way

A great pairing from Eastern Europe

..or put another way

5 hours ago, Begoozam said:

This one takes me right back to Prince-land!

Interesting that you say that; I was giving a guitarist friend a lift to a gig recently and let him hear this, along with a couple more of Cory’s new tunes. He’s an older guy, and almost straight away, the first thing he said was “I see Cory has started channeling his inner Prince.” 

I didn’t notice it until he mentioned it, and now I can’t unhear it!

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3