Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

On 2/11/2022 at 9:28 PM, IMMusicRulz said:

image.png.c7cb0996b8cefb01d254406dc20f55c3.png

I will be listening to tons of Leftoverture by Kansas in the next few minutes.

Their follow up, Point Of Know Return, is also a must own for any progressive rock devotee.

Sweet! My first ever "big" concert was Kansas on this tour, in Portland OR. Attempted to cover Carry On in my high-school band, we were terrible. But now, 40-ish years later, I'm in a band that plays it and does so rather well, it's a total gas!

• Like 1

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Digging this. Hard. The groove, the understated vocals, the wonderfully subtle pitch drifting textures on the chorus layered with the organ (big Nic Semrad vibes)…the solo…the lead tone…good stuff. 

• Like 1

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

I am listening to Belgian singer songwriter Stromae's latest release "Multitude"

I think my French speaking friends should take a look. He's playing Coachella again this year and has a sold out concert in Madison Square Garden with a second one almost full.  Fantastic music and lyrics...

It's time to dive into your French language lessons ;) 

• Like 2
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Just pulled up my media player list and have playing:

David Bryce - "Moving In Stereo"
David Bryce - "Bye Bye Love"
Dream Eternal Bliss - "Home"
Dream Eternal Bliss - "This Time"
Dream Eternal Bliss - "Don't Stop"

🎧😁

Listened to the whole album, Jacob's Ladder the other night.  Going to take a few times through to absorb I think.  I find this particular piece to be compelling.  I also liked Tom Sawyer, though not so much Chris Thile's vocal, but love how it develops later on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Danae Greenfield Nord keyboardist and a very nice track laid back but builds a lot of energy and back down.    What little I found out about her is she was out here working in L.A. for awhile, but now in NYC.    Not my normal listening, but I like it. 

Mea culpa, I need to admit to never giving Genesis' "I Can't Dance" album a listen because I HATED the title track (and video of dancing like an Egyptian.) But if you uncheck that song in iTunes the rest of the album is quite good. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Like 2

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

• Like 1

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

• Like 1

Using:

Sold/Traded: