Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking out the new EPK for Nicholas Payton's new album. Nicholas is a great trumpet player and more than holds his own on piano, bass, and seen him sit in on drums at jams, the man knows how to groove. Hearing interviews he really knows the history of the music. #BAM

[video:youtube]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been listening to a lot of Kandace Springs lately and diggin' it. She the ultimate woman great singer, excellent pianist (and collects and repairs them), songwriter, and the best a car collector (and builds and repairs them) digging muscle cars of the past.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to finally learn Spanish (about 60 years too late) but listening to Spanish TV they talk WAY too fast to pick out the words, so tried some Spanish Hip Hop and it's perfect for the task. Easier to pick out words, some cool rhythms, and some the lyrics are available to check myself or translate. Two artists I like are Niña Dioz and Hispana.

Charlie Parker with Strings

KD Lang Invincible Summer

Little Feat Electrif Lycanthrope

Alison Krauss and Robert Plant Raise The Roof

...and too much Oscar Peterson.

Got the new Lake Street Dive record recently as well. Sorry to say, meh. Feels to me like they've turned a pop corner...but the record Rachael put out with guitarist Vilray recently is amazing.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I've been pretty obsessed with Scary Goldings and Scary Pockets lately.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Listening to vinyl records again and hearing the goodness.

Forty years ago, I'd have time to listen with no distractions (i.e. no smartphones or internet back then). Today I make time to listen and turn everything off and tune everything out.

Steve Coscia

29 minutes ago, zephonic said:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/individuality-can-i-be-me/725837852

I can't believe I missed this album when it first came out BITD, I can't stop listening to it. She's amazing, and this is easily her best work.

First song of the album on her youtube, the rest is available there, too:

Oh, hell yes.

• Like 1

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

• 3 weeks later...

I have found myself spending a lot of time listening to the Progressive channel on DI.FM.  The quality of production and sound design on most of the tracks I hear are simply amazing - very imaginative stuff.  It's mostly ear candy whilst driving, but very impressive ear candy in the realm of "people making cool sounds with synthesizers."

Progressive Radio - DI.FM

I've also been entertained listening to those two women from Indiana in their true crime podcast... I've never been into this kind of thing myself, but Ms. Flowers tells a great story.  

Crime Junkie Podcast

Michael

Montage 8, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra 2, etc.