Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

That time again. Here is another song from the last Stickman CD.

http://www.stickmanor.com/images/stories/audio/GatewaysToGrace.mp3

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.archive.org/details/ElectronicTrack1

Electronic/dance track I put together over the past few days... no actual playing unfortunately, but I'm getting better at programming (and I think my music reading ability is increasing too... trying to enter notes via staff as opposed to piano roll, and it helps pick some stuff up)

Here's a video of me just futzing around trying to play in time on a Novation Xio (not a comfortable keybed). There are some trips and smoke in my eyes :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwaK7P5FleU

And this second video is an inside joke that may or not be humorous to you but the music is decent. All sounds are VSTs, specifically Garritan Orchestra, Absynth, Tapeotronic (freebie mellowtron vst) and a couple of CubaseSX built-in synths. All recorded in Cubase SX3 using Novation Xio as controller/soundcard and a laptop.

you should watch this one in HD if possible for best quality sound

I have now gotten my new band site up on myspace

The Back N Time Band is ready to hit the streets

http://www.myspace.com/backntimebandnc

Please sign up and be our friends and let me know what you think good and bad.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Thanks mogut... That is me on Power of love, My brother on Heaven and my wife Heather on the rest. Looking for a bunch of work for this band.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Well, this is me looking as large as Joey D, but not playing nearly as well. My band this past Friday evening doing Gladys' version of "Heard it Through the Grapevine."

I played Wurli on the verses, played the sax solo, then Hammond clone from then on out.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Lonnie, I have always wanted to play sax and in my next life instead of schlepping keys and stands and amps I WILL be a horn player.

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Lonnie, I have always wanted to play sax and in my next life instead of schlepping keys and stands and amps I WILL be a horn player.

In a similar vein, I would like to come back as a mandolin player. Can still work as a solo instrument, but the baggage is a lot less. And the world doesn't need any more guitar players :-)

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Hi guys,

I just finished a little rain song. I've been carrying the main riff around with me for 1 1/2 year now, it's too schmaltzy for my jazz trio but I wouldn't want to let a singer in a pop band go berserk on the tune. So I did it myself, with a synthesizer :D

The instruments are nearly all Logic's internal software instruments, there's just a little Nord Rhodes on the track.

I'm curious what you guys say about the mix, my studio monitors are only a month old and I'm starting to learn some stüff about mixing (with Owsinki's "The Mixing Engineer's Handbook).

http://www.divshare.com/download/10467360-090

Cheers,

Mo

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

In Nashville the musicians reside on different rungs on the ladder. There are folks who play only in the bars on Lower Broad in the tourist honky tonks, sidemen who tour with Artists (who often do demo session work and sometimes play in bars), and master session musicians who play on all the nationally released albums.

I am a sideman/demo session guy. Toured for a long time but recently traded the road for more in-town recording opportunities. I work with a guitar player, Jason Roller, whose work you can hear on Bucky Covington's upcoming album, as well as the recent Band-In-A-Box Country RealPaks. He currently tours and writes with the Lost Trailers. His demo business, Magic Shack Productions, offers affordable demo packages for songwriters who want the Nashville approach on their material.

For the moment I only have wave files to download. I'll do mp3s soon, but I'd rather you hear the full-fidelity files.

I'm offering two songs from two very different artists. The first is from Kalii Palmer, a singer-songwriter from Chicago. This is pretty straight-up country pop. And it may interest you to know that Kalii doesn't need tuning. That's all her.

One Love- Kalii Palmer You can hear more from Kalii on iTunes.

The next Artist is Noel McCord from Kerry, Ireland. You can hear more of his (and our) work on myspace: Noel McCord's page

While Kalii writes with Nashville in mind, Noel just writes. His songs are an interesting mix of styles and he gave us the liberty to do what we thought would be appropriate and fun.

Stranger Than Fiction

The basic tracks are recorded at Jason's home studio, which is based around the Roland/Cakewalk V-Studio and Sonar 8.5. Jason uses Superior Drummer for the drum tracks, plays all the string instruments: guitar, bass, fiddle, mandolin. He either records vocals there, or, in the case of Noel, flys the Artist's vocal into the project. Jason sends me a rough two-mix with a chart and tempo. I also use Sonar, so the file transfers are flawless. I'll add keys at that point, usually two tracks like piano/organ or piano/strings. I'll do as much as the Artist desires, but for the basic price they get two tracks. I send the key tracks back to Jason, he mixes the whole song and sends it back to the client, usually within 3-5 days of ordering. The fast turn-around assures client happiness and the bulk of our work is return business.

I hope you enjoy this stuff, and I'll be happy to provide more details (and smaller files) if requested. Thanks for listening.

Ken

Very nice stuff, Ken. :cool: I like the country one a lot better, she indeed has a great voice and the production is crystal clear. As I get older I like country more, I think partly because so much of it has excellent production values and your's does too.

I like the other track too, but it doesn't seem right for the guy's voice. Then again I listened to Kalli's first and that's a tough act to follow. I'm guessing that her's was recorded better with higher quality stuff. He sings fine, it's just a little dull sonically compared to hers.

based around the Roland/Cakewalk V-Studio and Sonar 8.5.

I take it he's using the fancypants 4K V-Studio and not the $600 one? What is he doing with it besides mixing, is he using the built-in pres or a boutique pre? Sounds like the latter.

Very impressive stuff, made for a great listen. BTW, thanks for checking out my track above, I appreciate it.

Yes, the $4k V-Studio, but believe it or not, the built-in pres, an MXL v67 or an AT 4033 (not sure which, but those are the two he owns),and the Sonar 8.5 channel strip plug in on the vocal. I think the results are pretty amazing for affordable gear.

Noel recorded his vocal in Ireland, but the rest of the production was done in our studios. No telling what mic he used, but it got run through the same channel strip.

Interesting and helpful comments. I appreciate you taking the time. Thanks, much.

K.

I'm glad you like it.

Over the past 6 months I've had the opportunity to produce some smooth jazz cuts for submission to MUZAK. I love writing in this style and using good drummers and bassists. I figured I'd share a couple of them here as I've been on this forum for 4 years and not really contributed much in the way of music!

Forgive the:

-Fake trumpet

-Fake piano (cringe)

I have a really nice piano but time restrictions really prevented me from using it, and the piano I ended up using (Logic's Bosendorfer) actually works well in the style awash with reverb.

My connection had said they wanted stuff with no sax, so I had to work around that.

Enjoy:::

Bounce To It

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Nice stuff, Bobadohshe! I like both of them. If I might make a small suggestion on the first one: I would suggest backing the snare off a bit, it's really sticking out on my monitors.

You have a lot of interesting stuff in the background. Personally I would like to hear more of it, but I am guessing that your client does not. Very well done. :cool:

Thanks for the suggestion and comments.

Yeah, I am no mix master, although I'm working on it. I'm going for the Everette Harp vibe, which is that really gospel infused sound with hip changes and production on the live side. I'd say that is the 'best' of what smooth jazz has to offer.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Well a bit different from most of the last posts I saw/heard:

A rendition of "Tipatina's", this was before a Lexicon MX400 and a Kurzweil studio addition, using a Lexicon Omega, Fedora 8/64, the S90, and a "rakarack" a linux guitar effect. Editing in Cinelerra (linux).

Of course I had the Paris Morning version in mind.

Theo Verelst