Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

This is something i made last year using only reason + a midi keyboard.

I was participating on this Prog rock contest with this song, it surprised me as hell but it actually won first place. It's just pieces and ideas "glued" together to make a song out of it.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/sIDj0uwj/Cloudy_sky_in_mars.html

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

• 4 weeks later...

Dude I was just checking that out on FB. This song has always haunted me. Man your strings on the bridge sound really really nice. The whole thing is bad dude. Nice flute floating on top, great piano solo. Great dynamics in the piano sound, what is it? Phenomenal mix.

What was this arrangement for?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Yup, Vintage D. You asked what this was for....I've been trying to learn how to write for this size group. It's an on going struggle, but I'm in the fight. I did this just for the fun of it. Even I'm surprised that there's still a "just for the fun of it" left.

Great stuff, Cygnus64. You're smokin'

Thanks Linwood. You're version of Estate absolutely kills. Great performance by the singer, great arranging on your part. I have a couple of charts coming up in this style, I'll be hitting you up for advice. ;) I wish I had more of a theory background for the jazzier tunes, it's difficult for me.

Great stuff, Cygnus64. You're smokin'

Thanks Linwood. You're version of Estate absolutely kills. Great performance by the singer, great arranging on your part. I have a couple of charts coming up in this style, I'll be hitting you up for advice. ;) I wish I had more of a theory background for the jazzier tunes, it's difficult for me.

Thanks C., I'm sure you'll do fine with those charts. I feel like I'm just learnin' myself, but I'd be happy to talk about anything. Lot of guys with a good jazz sense around here that can help us both out. That's what this place is all about.

There is some amazing stuff on this thread. Linwood, your harmonica playing is top notch and your arrangements are spectacular. I wouldn't even know where to start on things like these.

To bring it back into low-fi land, here's a video of my band live, recorded from an iphone sitting on the table. Not our song obviously.There's a little bit of a keyboard solo near the end.

[video:youtube]

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Nothing earth shattering here. But I was writing a beat last night for my library / MTV and let myself get distracted in a Jazz sense...

...and it quickly evolved into this

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

Funny Bobby, and it works. Same thing when I was goofing around with BIAB one day, and this nonsense happened: http://www.divshare.com/download/14209587-ffd

:laugh:

I like the honking horn....outta the way lady !!

You should have your own show, it might be called, "Too hip for the room". :laugh:

Holy hilarious. Cracking up here. Nice bit crushing going on.

Here, a couple of recordings , live from "Good morning Croatia", I think this was recorded last year. Obviously not our original songs. You'll notice that it's been recorded at 7-8am, the time of the day musos usually like to sleep over. :D

Unfortunately, the guy who recorded it didn't mind the VCR (or whatever he used) recording level so the recordings peak a bit.

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

Unfortunately, the guy who recorded it didn't mind the VCR (or whatever he used) recording level so the recordings peak a bit.
Unfortunately, the camera guy didn't keep the camera on the background singers the whole time. :laugh:

Sounding great man!

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.