Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

So, my son tapes his iPhone to his rear view mirror and drives down the strip.....I added some music .

Mesmerizing! You guys have the most fun!!

Thanks. It's true...nothing's more fun than doing music or stuff like this with my kids.

Kurzweil Forte | Arturia MatrixBrute

• 1 month later...

My good friend and I have started writing together in a collaboration we're calling 'The Smashtronauts'. We have been doing some remixes and original stuff writing for a couple catalogs out here in the wicked world of Hollywood.

This song is called 'The Future' and is kind of a modern electronica...well I don't know how to categorize it. It definitely won't be to everyone's taste here, but if anybody does have production/mix suggestions I know there are some heavies in that arena that hang out here, so I'm all ears.

Check it! The Future

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

My good friend and I have started writing together in a collaboration we're calling 'The Smashtronauts'. We have been doing some remixes and original stuff writing for a couple catalogs out here in the wicked world of Hollywood.

This song is called 'The Future' and is kind of a modern electronica...well I don't know how to categorize it. It definitely won't be to everyone's taste here, but if anybody does have production/mix suggestions I know there are some heavies in that arena that hang out here, so I'm all ears.

Check it! The Future

Sounds amazing Bobby. How did you treat the vocals in the pre choruses, it sounds like some kind of robotic vocoder thing at times, like an octave below. Is that you singing? Nice voice

We are all slave's to our brain chemistry!

Thanks!!!! Because of your lovely compliment I shall tell you - I sampled some analogue synth lines from my Moog, with a the filter poles reduced to 1 so that it's nice and aggressive. Then I used the elastic audio feature in Pro tools to stretch the audio in time, but I made it stretch way past what the plugin is designed for (way into the red). You could do something similar with any time stretch feature, I'd guess - but push it to its limit and it gets glitchy, which is the sound you're hearing. I made it stereo with a flange too, either before or after that process (I can't recall). I'm getting more and more into working with digital artifacts in the DAW as a means of synthesis in its own right - it's interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

My son just started doing Lego stop motion videos. This is his first one. He did everything himself, except the music (I did that).

[video:youtube]

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

• 4 weeks later...