Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Hey Dave. That's me playing a garageband piano, then Steve took it up a notch or 3 by plugging in an East West piano in Logic. Haha, there are limits to what he'll agree to actually play.

Yeah, the lyrics would have been lost on me too if it weren't for the printed page. "..staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer.." :freak:

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Here's an improv session, and I also talk about the equipment used during said session. Not quite sure how to embed a video from Ustream, but...

Here ya go!

Enjoy!

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

hi guys it's been a while since i posted anything so here's one to keep you warm. btw i posted this over at the keyboard corner on facebook as well ;)

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

george forman grill ( special edition w removable plates )

kopparberg non alcoholic pear cider

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

• 2 weeks later...

There were three posts made in this thread last night, by SK, NoahZark, and me. What happened?

(I don't know if any posts were made between Bosendorphen's and those three that are also missing or not.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Aidan, is that an improvisation or was is precomposed? (Either way it's gorgeous).

I'm also interested in what gear was used. I hear pedal noises.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Thanks for the kind comments guys. The tune is a Scottish Gaelic one which I first came across in a transcription exercise during my degree. The piano is a slightly modified version of the Kronos German Grand, played from the Nord.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice playing going on in this thread.

I posted this same song in the "VI Labs True Keys" thread as a piano demo, so I'll post the "keyboards" version (with no piano) here. I play a Rhodes sound and a synth solo - a pre-final mix track to be on the CD when it comes out next month.

This will be the debut CD of a brilliant young trumpet player (Victor Haskins, 19 yr. old) who's calling this CD "The Truth." Hope you enjoy it.

Our company jazz band recorded some standards in my studio. I am currently mixing them down but here are a couple from those sessions.

A Chuck Mangione tune "Children of Sanchez". We are four piece: drums, bass, trumpet, and keys. For the fanfare section the trumpet player laid down trumpet and flugelhorn, I did the rest of the brass and reed parts on romplers. My solo is Voyager, then Memorymoog, then Andromeda ("big note" during pedal section), and Minimoog.

Children Of Sanchez

A Jimmy Smith number on my XK3

Back At The Chicken Shack

• 4 weeks later...

You know that feeling when you get your piano tuned? I got mine tuned yesterday and was inspired to mic it up and just play. Here's an impromptu version of 'Alone Together'. Definitely not a 'composed' thing nor polished. Just letting loose and going a little nuts.

[video:youtube]

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native