Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

I'll play. Not much in the way of playing, more atmospheric over a few Ultrabeat drum loops. All softsynths, I did this was a while ago on my little controller and laptop during a late-night work upgrade (waiting for scripts...check them, run more scripts etc) :)

This is a cover, a first time recording acoustic guitar (still a beginner really) with Logic's piano and organ.

I listened to those two and a few others on your SC. Very nice work. I left a comment on Route 12.. there's a spot at 1'12" that is just cool.

Enjoyed all of them. Following on SC - hope to hear more.

I'll play. Not much in the way of playing, more atmospheric over a few Ultrabeat drum loops. All softsynths, I did this was a while ago on my little controller and laptop during a late-night work upgrade (waiting for scripts...check them, run more scripts etc) :)

This is a cover, a first time recording acoustic guitar (still a beginner really) with Logic's piano and organ.

I listened to those two and a few others on your SC. Very nice work. I left a comment on Route 12.. there's a spot at 1'12" that is just cool.

Enjoyed all of them. Following on SC - hope to hear more.

Hey, thanks! That might be enough pressure to do some more recording. Since I joined a band that's actually playing out pretty often it's taking most of my musical energy. That and having my "man cave" for doing things like music (couldn't rightly call it a studio) reduced to a "man corner" due to a relative living with us lol!

I give credit for the sound of 1:12 to the arp I was using in Omnisphere, it was such a cool patch especially when using controllers to morph it. Some of that may also have been a crazy fx plugin, I'd have to check. I get credit for choosing it :)

My first completed project in several years.. a funk/jazz jam

Slither

CLONK

tuck, that is fantastic! I'm hoping what I hear in your demo is the CX3 and Vent for the organ parts. That is what I use and I just love it. IMO, it's amazing how close it sounds to the real thing, Of course. that's just my opinion.

Thanks John.. the organ parts were indeed from the CX3 and Vent :)

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

Nice work, this could fit very nicely into a soundtrack. The piece builds really well, and the ending groove is pretty unexpected.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Not bad Dennis , can you rev it up a bit more and drop the clutch a bit on the next number? :).

But hey , here's me making requests , and can't write J.S myself ;).

The Melissa song had slightly unusual timing Dennis?.

I get snippets of songs from the universe occasionally , but quickly forget them - not good.

Brett.

Thanks Brett - I thought the Late Again song was a bit more "up", oh well :)

Yes 9/8 on Melissa. The cadence in the melody line just sorta kinda "fell" into it, in a manner of speaking. I also do a version that is "straight" :)

She (the subject) is still being subjected to domestic shit, but like many, just cannot seem to walk away. She has been with the partner since early high school, although he is some years older.

Anyway m8, again my thanks for taking the time to listen and more especially for taking the time to write your thoughts :)

I appreciate it.

Dennis

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Removed on advice.

Sorry folks, on the advice of a good m8 in the biz, I am removing these from public view. He reckons it is too dangerous to post publicly without a writing deal somewhere.

Sincere apologies. These ARE my songs, but this guy really knows his stuff.

Dennis

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Thanks Brett - not me playing guitar - I WISH!!! :D

And look, I have just had some advice from a really good m8 in the biz out here, and he reckons I am being stupid in posting these without any sort of protection..he was talking re some (ANY) sort of a writing deal.

I told him that they were not at any sort of pro level, but he maintained that was not the point.

As I said he really knows his stuff, and I tend to follow his advice no matter how silly I think it is.

Again my apologies for having to remove the original tunes...I stress they ARE my original work and the removal is not because of anything other than the above.

Aaaaarghhhh!!, you removed them Dennis?! (before I could download and save ;) ). Did your mate tell you those copywrite/patent lawyers cost $350-$500 an hour or more? :D.

(they are not that valuable,but that's what they hold their hand out for).

Brett.

With the release of Disney's "Lone Ranger" movie this week, I thought I might post a song I wrote and recorded called "Lone Ranger" from my 11STEPS bands recently released CD. The song isn't exactly about the Lone Ranger, as such, it's more about how complicated and stressful life is now compared to when I was a kid watching these Saturday morning TV shows, where the good guys wore white and the bad guys wore black.. there was always a hero and an obvious moral to every story.. things were simple then, and there wasn't the same complexity with respect to good/bad and right/wrong. Anyway, hope you enjoy it. Here's the link to my Lone Ranger..

https://myspace.com/11stepsband/music/song/lone-ranger-64262522-70325510

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

With the release of Disney's "Lone Ranger" movie this week, I thought I might post a song I wrote and recorded called "Lone Ranger" from my 11STEPS bands recently released CD. The song isn't exactly about the Lone Ranger, as such, it's more about how complicated and stressful life is now compared to when I was a kid watching these Saturday morning TV shows, where the good guys wore white and the bad guys wore black.. there was always a hero and an obvious moral to every story.. things were simple then, and there wasn't the same complexity with respect to good/bad and right/wrong. Anyway, hope you enjoy it. Here's the link to my Lone Ranger..

https://myspace.com/11stepsband/music/song/lone-ranger-64262522-70325510

I really like that Craig! Great intro, great song! What keyboards do you use to cover the parts?

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

Aaaaarghhhh!!, you removed them Dennis?! (before I could download and save ;) )

Brett.

reposted Brett ;)

John, thanks, keyboard parts were Mtron pro for flutes in the verse, my Franken-B for the organ (a100 in a b case through a 147 Leslie) and a kurzweil k2661 for other sounds.

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

Hello guys. I finally have time to relax again, and I made an uninstructional video:

[video:youtube]

Ed-die! Ed-die! Ed-die! Ed-die! Ed-die!

:laugh::thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Here is a link to my first country tune...

https://soundcloud.com/Miden-Entertainment the song is On Our Own

As always thanks for listening, if you choose to do so :)

Dennis

PS: Have a listen perhaps while you are there to the other original tunes as well...opinions are welcome good or bad :)