Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Here is about an hour of recently recorded live tracks from my organ trio. Taken from our weekly gig entitled Soul Jazz Sessions...

Darren Heinrich Trio Live

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Here is about an hour of recently recorded live tracks from my organ trio. Taken from our weekly gig entitled Soul Jazz Sessions...

Darren Heinrich Trio Live

Awesome Darren. Sounds great.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Darren, I really enjoyed hearing the Soul Jazz set. I especially appreciate the Lonnie Smith. However, while I've played some rough places in the past, the picture that you have posted in SoundCloud looks like it was shot in a dungeon. Is that from the actual weekly gig?

P

Morizzle, found your cover of Lujan most inspiring.

I know that could sound trite or brown-nosy. It's not. Or at least not meant to be.

I do -recognize- the style of playing you've got going on but I know nothing about it. Don't even know what to call it intelligently when talking to other musicians. It reminds somewhat of the theater-organ charts my landlady will play but... for lack of a better term... much more artistic. If you would share a little bit about what you're doing/thinking as a musician there?

www.facebook.com/thelongblackveils Rock and Roll from Central California. Second album underway.

Hammond organs are my drug. Until I beg borrow or steal a Mellotron that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Voyage down to the surface of Mars and search for the origins of life with the Curiosity rover and the PX-5S. !Headphones and spacesuit are required!

Production Notes:

The Stage Setting is a combination of Mike's Ice Castles & Midnight Sun hex layer patches. I edited Ice Castles to take out the raised 5th and made some other small adjustments. A choir and pad melody tone were also added.... All 14 layers on the PX-5S are firing!

The eerie sounds you hear during the first 100 seconds are made by actual charged solar particles reacting with the Magnetosphere of Mars, and translated into sound in the human range of hearing.

Radio sounds for the first 100 seconds are from actual Curiosity mission control personnel at NASA.

Animation is from an 11-minute JPL mission demonstration, painstakingly edited down to 6 minutes using a special time compression technique.

Enjoy your voyage to the Red Planet!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/BJ_BOBBI_JO9/July%204th%20patriotic%20and%20military/bth_14_1_27v.gif

[video:youtube]

They're not foolish enough to have me play, just write. That's the great Ruslan Sirota on piano 'til JG sits down. Ruslan is one of the best. When I did it, I didn't know it was a duet with Judith and what a nice surprise for me to see her singin' on this. Josh is always really great and she's such a great addition to this tour.

Thanks. Not sure what he's playin'. Lotta times there's a piano, rhodes, and his hammond. Piano's prolly supplied at the venue. He's great on organ, too. There's a vid I posted with the same group a few pages back where you can see his rig better. I did Aerosmith's Dream On for them with the LA Phil at Hollywood Bowl for the 4th of July. Check out Ruslan website....great jazz player.

I'll prolly see them in a few weeks and I check out his rig better or ask him. Could just be a shell with a dp in it.

Stop and check some tunes

http://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com/album/the-a-r-69-years-e-p

and a lyric video

http://youtu.be/Fr6LT13x5Zc

Thanks !!!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Well done, congratulations Linwood !!!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

Ioana all your covers are great !!!

"Birdland" performed live by our company jazz band ...

I'm very in favor of this music getting made. I think it is speaking about high level keyboard skills to pull this of to a credible level. I'd feel good about such recording, but of course a comparison with the original, and I have to add that's the album version I'm talking about, is a very daring and compelling one, also sound-wise. The choices of synth instruments are interesting, and I'm all for letting all kinds of audience hear as many serious and well-sounding analog instruments as reasonably possible, to get a good feel for those wonderful noises you're making.

Completely true to the original it is not, and I'd strive for a more open sounds, and like the drums a more driven style, like Weather Report. Did I just say that? I have to be kidding.

T

New music for your consideration. Each song is a work in progress, awaiting melody lines and solos from my guitarist collaborator. Synths used are an Ensoniq SD1, Roland JV1080, Alesis Ion and E-mu Vintage Keys, sequencing was done on the SD1 and recorded into Audacity via an Alesis iO2 Express. High Green opens with a sound sample from the Freesound Project. Enjoy!

Mike's Jam:

High Green:

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox