Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

As some of you may know, I had previously threatened to start a thread where we could all listen to and critique each other's music, a la the "Is your music any good - find out here!!" thread in Dr. Anderton's forum - it's by far the most popular thread that I've seen on any of these forums. I didn't feel that it was cool for me to do so until some of my own music was available for downloading, though...

...which it now is:

Updated with new 2006 link to my music web site... ;)

dB

Stone the Crow's , for some godunknown reason , I hadn't heard your music yet Dave , and it's Hot , Raunchy ,with drop-dead Gorgeous moments everywhere :).

Thank you for your music gifts,I have bookmarked your music site to explore when I can.

Jeez ... so little time.

(you lucky blighter with your own recording studio happening! :-D ).

Brett.

Its probs been asked before, but is this thread ONLY for originals, or can creative covers be included?

On second thought that would incur all sorts of little c hassles...so perhaps not.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Hi, this is a new CSN project I am proud to be part of at the NJ Shore: Monmouth and Ocean Counties. We are a new CSN Tribute band that hopes to be out playing soon. Here are some short demo recordings. We recorded the accompaniment live on an auditorium stage and the vocals were recorded separately. Hope you enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/dlrshort/sets/csn-tribute-band-ocean

Hi, this is a new CSN project I am proud to be part of at the NJ Shore: Monmouth and Ocean Counties. We are a new CSN Tribute band that hopes to be out playing soon. Here are some short demo recordings. We recorded the accompaniment live on an auditorium stage and then separately and the vocals were recoded separately. Hope you enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/dlrshort/sets/csn-tribute-band-ocean

More great music! , this place is bristling with talent :).

(have to run and mow the lawn now :))

Brett

Beautiful stuff miden , and I like your "laid-back" version of New York State of mind , - is that you on the vocals? , very nice actually , I would be chuffed if I was in the audience and you did that live :).

Brett.

Wow, thanks Brett I appreciate the nice words...yep that's my take on the vocals ( for better or worse :D ) It was just a one-take play and sing, so some bloops, but I enjoyed it :)

Dennis

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Nice, as usual, Cygnus64! Like it a lot.

HDA....great stuff! The Ocean is playing as I type.

Here's an old bossa I did a couple weeks ago. No vocal yet, so I did it on harmonica.

Strings- combo of Lass and Appassionata

Rhodes-Scarbee

Bass and synths on the out- omega8

Like a Lover

Here's an old bossa I did a couple weeks ago. No vocal yet, so I did it on harmonica.

Rhodes-Scarbee

Like a Lover

Awesome!

Brett.

Its probs been asked before, but is this thread ONLY for originals, or can creative covers be included?

On second thought that would incur all sorts of little c hassles...so perhaps not.

It did not stop me from posting my covers :)

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

Rhodes-Scarbee

Like a Lover

:thu:

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

I'm deeply impressed with what I hear from the group. Some of you organ-centric types in particular are cookin'.

I started with a series of iffy pianos (AC and EP), mounds of cassettes and a hard-won MiniMoog; now I have a studio in a desktop and my musical world is completely saved on flash drives. Surreal. I like several styles of music, so I dabble around in them, trying to mash tradition and synths into a decent circuit board colada. I even devised a passable string quartet at one point, as I have Cello Envy. I bought a set of toy ray gun sounds and you don't do that unless it plants the seeds of some sort of fun musical evil in .WAV form. Here are some samples of my noodling and look Mom, I never maded dubstep, nyeeeaaahhhh.

Soundcloud

Soundcloud

Here's the whole magilla of my two albums.

www.davidmanning1.bandcamp.com/

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

Okay, I'll byte.. :-)

My wife, Cailin, and I just wrapped these 9 songs.

Would ove to hear your feedback and ideas where to send which t5unes. The variety is fairly braod so able to go to various avenues for distribution i think. All on CD Baby etc starting now...

I guess it was a private link until 'now'.

Some ear candy... headphones highly recommended.

http://forum.onlineconversion.com/images/smilies/music-smiley-004.gif

Very cool (pun intended) stuff!

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Thanks, guys. I really like the way the music and effects go together on some of the "dark rides" at Disney and Universal, so I am modeling the flow and layers to work something like that. Hope to eventually make it into a FPS video game or short 3-d film.

And yes, I love my SQ-80 and D-50 - 25 years old and they are still good as new. Of course, the Casio PX-5S is now center stage - and I expect to have that for at least 25 years as well! :)

• 3 weeks later...
My first completed project in several years.. a funk/jazz jam

Slither

CLONK

tuck, that is fantastic! I'm hoping what I hear in your demo is the CX3 and Vent for the organ parts. That is what I use and I just love it. IMO, it's amazing how close it sounds to the real thing, Of course. that's just my opinion.

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

Hey,

I've posted a new cover on my YouTube channel, would appreciate if you check it out and tell me what you think. Thanks for watching!

[

Nice playing :) - audio was a bit muddy for me, but nice playing and timing. Keep em coming.

I'll play. Not much in the way of playing, more atmospheric over a few Ultrabeat drum loops. All softsynths, I did this was a while ago on my little controller and laptop during a late-night work upgrade (waiting for scripts...check them, run more scripts etc) :)

This is a cover, a first time recording acoustic guitar (still a beginner really) with Logic's piano and organ.