Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

A cover of the great Anders Osborne tune. I recorded it as a birthday gift to my wife:

Organ - VB3

Wurly - Scarbee A200

Guitar - RealGuitar

Bass - Scarbee Jay-Bass

Drums - EZDrummer (Nashville EZX "Hands" articulation and Latin Percussion EZX)

Processing - Toontrack EZMix, iZotope Nectar, Line6 Pod Farm, and Reverberate LE

http://www.salivatecd.com/index.php?sdmon=tracks/TheWayItIs.mp3

Or of that doesn't work, go here...

http://www.salivatecd.com/?page_id=2

...and check out CD 2, track 10, "The Way It Is."

It's a Bruce Hornsby tribute album that someone put together as a charity fundraiser. My track is based on a time I heard Bruce play "The Way It Is" years ago, at a gig that wasn't going well. In fact he seemed pretty pissed off, and channelled that into a really dark, totally reharmonized version of the tune in 3/4. So I started with my (probably inaccurate) memory of how that performance sounded, and then went from there.

It's a Bruce Hornsby tribute album that someone put together as a charity fundraiser. My track is based on a time I heard Bruce play "The Way It Is" years ago, at a gig that wasn't going well. In fact he seemed pretty pissed off, and channelled that into a really dark, totally reharmonized version of the tune in 3/4. So I started with my (probably inaccurate) memory of how that performance sounded, and then went from there.

Nice job channeling a p'd off Hornsby. And you managed to eradicate the only hint of optimism in that song (but reappears later).

Still waiting for your Booker tribute recordings!

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Small world! I'm on that compilation as well; I did "The Chill" (CD 1, track 7). Great playing!

I'd been listening to a lot of Robert Glasper and J. Dilla lately, and I know Bruce Hornsby has a soft spot for hip-hop. So I kind of threw Dilla, Hornsby, and all those '70s super-synth-filled albums I love in a blender and came up with that version of "The Chill."

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

A very nice showing - quite a contrast between the two pieces.

thank you!

the first piece, Chopin etude, is very emotional and dramatic.

the Debussy, is poetic piece. I am glad you liked them.

Wow !! Beautiful playing Heghine ! Excellent , first rate. Not sure what you will find of interest in a place like this, but welcome in any case.

What a coincidence, I just took a break from practicing op. 25 #s 8, 12 and Pour les huit doigts. Certainly not at your level with the music, you're the real deal. If you ever get out to Los Angeles, I'd like to get a lesson...

Nice recording too, what was the piano ? Looking forward to listening to some of your other pieces too.

Thanks for posting and dropping in.

Thank you for your kind words, Dave.

I really appreciate your feedback.

Piano is Steinway D, recording took place in Salzburg, Austria.

I wish you good practicing with Chopin etudes and Debussy "pur les huit doigts"

take care!

Hi Everybody,

I thought I'd introduce myself and stick my head in the lion's mouth at the same time.

Here: http://www.4shared.com/audio/qyzQ8VH1/Beltheme.html

is an instrumental I wrote on an Atari/Cubase setup.

I hope you enjoy it,

Cheers

RedLeo

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. - W. C. Fields

Welcome RedLeo and great to have you here. Wonderful tune!

EricG...really dug your song, too. Beautiful. Loved it.

I worked on this one yesterday. The score could still use some help maybe, but it's good enough to give you the idea.

hit it

EricG...really dug your song, too. Beautiful. Loved it.

Thank you for the kind words lindwood.

I found your score very interesting, do you have the chance to get this kind of stuff with live musicans? Woulde be an amazing project. You don't get to hear a string section play that kind of stuff to often :-)

RedLeo: nice song !

Hi Eric...no, never have done anything like this with live players. I did this one and the "sneaky" one ( a few posts up there) using the same writing technique that I was exploring. It's fun stuff to do and get's you out of that normal mode for an afternoon and frees things up a bit.

Really liked the Elmas Mazurka too. That was a name unfamiliar to me. Very Chopinsque and lyrical.

Stephan Elmas is not as famous but he was a great composer(and pianist) and has written many interesting pieces for piano! I have in my repertoire a few more of his piano works, but unfortunately not in some video or recording so to share them.

I'm re-listening to "Pour les arpeges composes" and I really like your treatment. I've heard that played by a few of the "name" players and for my taste they always take it too fast. With your version the beautiful harmony is less blurred and more distinguishable. One of my favorite sections is at bar 31, that kind of Gershwinish vibe is a nice juxtaposition from all the "dreamy stuff ".

I should try and learn this piece, you've inspired me. :)

The best compliment that you can make to a classical pianist is to say "you ispired me" lol

Regarding "Pour les arpeges composes", there are many pianists (and professors/teachers) that play it a little "blurred", like you described. They say, that Debussy originally wrote it that way and should be played without the audience to be able to feel and distinguish every note.

But personally, I prefer to have a "cleaner" and melodic sound. It is wonderful music!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't weighed in lately on all the awesome stuff everybody has been posting these last couple pages. Good work!

Linwood, total diss = :freak:

Heghine, that is one of my favorite Chopin Etudes, and the only I have really extensively worked on. I don't have it up to your level though I'll say that! Sounds wonderful. Can't wait to hear more from you, and welcome to the forum.

Once again, I'm going to take it in a different direction. This is something I wrote for a connection I have for licensing stuff for videogames/movies. It's got elements of dubstep but it's also somewhat cinematic (maybe).

Hostile Takeover

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• 3 weeks later...

I missed this when you posted bobby. Nice, bro.

Every so often I send out links to different production places and drum up work. I do a lot of low budget stuff, but get a volume of it and that's what keeps my head above water. Here are the links I sent this quarter. This stuff just kind of is what it is, but at least the variety keeps it interesting. The one man midi band is getting old though.....

jing

orch stuff

Loving these: Linwood I think I heard some of these on your website. Those jingles are mouthfuls! That's a ton of copy to sing. I am blown away by your ability to get the perfect singer for each jingle. That Rattlesnake Ranch Cafe dude is perfectly raspy and soulful (not that I'd eat at a spot named that). Love the harmonic downshift on the 'verse' of Postal Annex Plus.

Those basses are all slamming too. Trilian? Or real dudes. Drums kill to, esp the Margarita's Cantina. Nice Organ solo and horns.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native