Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Thanks Bobby. Some of those are on the site. I had to put a few together quickly to send a potential victim and I try and keep ones that I like of different singers handy. I'm lucky to be able to work with singers like that. They are my friends; people I've gigged with. Those particular singers are special. Doing jingle work isn't easy for a vocalist. A lot of times it's easy for a singer to do a song live and kind of cop the feel and passion on the record and deliver it, but it's another ball game to be given a chart and have some goof like me sing it to you at the piano and then put you in front of the mic and want a killer take in 15 minutes. That's how these go down. It's very fast. I'd honestly say that none of those singers were in front of the mic for more than 20 min to do those. They are amazing people. Kind of likethat's why Steve Nathan works and the rest of us don't. He can play anything you put in front of him like he means it and do it right now. He totally gets it and can relax and let himself come through right from the first take. He's a special breed. Sometimes I'll try people that kill on a gig, but when I get them in here, it's too weird for them and they can't let go and just sing it like they mean it from jump. They could do it if I had an hour or two, but this group of singers "get it". They don't laugh at the music or lyrics, they know the drill and take it seriously, step up to the mic and give no matter how stupid the vibe/track might be.

The bassesif it sounds like a fender bass it's Trilian and if it sounds like a synth bass it's my mini moog. The organ.B3 w/122.

The bassesif it sounds like a fender bass it's Trilian and if it sounds like a synth bass it's my mini moog. The organ.B3 w/122.

No wonder it all sounds damn real. You have your B3 sitting close to you? Or do you go somewhere and do it?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

That track I did a couple years ago and I had a B3 and a 122 here at the house. I let it go when I moved and now I need to get another one. That B3 was so ugly I didn't wanna put it in the new house. There are photos of it in my FB pics of old bands. that thing had black naturals and white sharps all the way up the keyboard. I had another mint late '50's B3 that I sold in the late 80's to a church 'cause I was broke. That one still hurts.

I recently updated to Play 3 and purchased some Tonehammer libraries so I figured I would rip something off real quick using them. The host is Sonar X1b with 4 instances of Play 3 and 3 instances of Kontakt 4 loaded with Microhammer Music Box, Tonehammer Zitherette, and Tonehammer Epic Toms. I also threw in a Kontakt based Mellotron and a Kore Player sub-bass. Don't expect anything of substance, this was done because I wanted to use my new stuff right now! :)

Tick Tock

Bill

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

• 4 weeks later...

I dl'ed the jazzmidi for Superior drum from Toontrack yesterday and did a quick tune just to play with them. the organ is vb3..oh...the mute trumpet is Jp80. I'll post something with with more jp80 soon. Love that synth.

yo

Here's something I'm still working on. My mum who is excellent gave me a record player for my birthday. That day I decided to make a track with it (of course) and so the tempo is 76 ;) . The record is Industrial Power with compositions by Kieth Mansfield (Bruton Music 1978). I've done everything else like all the moog stuff etc.

Giant Robot Factory Dance Party

Just gave your track a listen Linwood. Composition is killer as is the organ tone and SOLO. I can't believe you don't play live anymore fool.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Getting caught up on listening to some of the great stuff posted here.

Hello everyone. I'm fairly new here. I'm a composer, but I'm also into electronic production. At the moment I'm trying to improve my synth chops, so here's a video of me doing some practice on the Little Phatty :)

Nice playing! Nice setup too, Voyager and LP, too cool!

I dl'ed the jazzmidi for Superior drum from Toontrack yesterday and did a quick tune just to play with them. the organ is vb3..oh...the mute trumpet is Jp80. I'll post something with with more jp80 soon. Love that synth.

As always, linwood, you raise the bar. If I heard this not knowing how it was produced, I would not have guess that it was a MIDI production. You have some really great skills.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Praxisaxis...you'ke killin' it. Loved 'em.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, Bobby...I miss playin' out. I miss the hang. Hey, but I figured out many years ago that I can make more money with my shitty writing than I can with my shitty playin'.

Here's a link to a live set I did a few months ago, at the Kinetic Jazz Festival in Sydney. Band is called Jazz Organism and it's leader is Jeremy Sawkins, one of Australia's best jazz guitarists. Only a rough mix at this stage, and bear in mind we didn't get a rehearsal - drummer is a dep too!

Organ rig is Nord C1 thru Motion Sound Pro 145.

Darren

Link Here

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Here's one I did yesterday. The solo is pretty much just a series of licks and doesn't flow as well as I'd like for it to, but I was doing the drums and piano at the same time to get that fake interaction thing to happen. Should of re-done the solo, but I'm too lazy. :) Anyway...you'll get the idea of the vibe. Kind of a '70's throwback hit me

This is a recording-only project known as Anonymous Inventions on which I play drums, bass and keyboards (everything). Ai released its first CD, Lighter Than Air in Oct of 2010. My friend, Guy Black, bass player and engineer extraordinaire, contributed freely of his time and knowledge in the recording, mixing and mastering of Lighter Than Air and his efforts are, as always, greatly appreciated. A second CD is in progress. Visit the website and listen. There is also artwork to be viewed (Guy took wonderful photographs of the paintings). If you like the music and/or the artwork, please like the Anonymous Inventions page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anonymous-Inventions/153973684634491?sk=wall Thanks!

Anonymous Inventions

http://www.anonymousinventions.com

Here's one I did yesterday. The solo is pretty much just a series of licks and doesn't flow as well as I'd like for it to, but I was doing the drums and piano at the same time to get that fake interaction thing to happen. Should of re-done the solo, but I'm too lazy. :) Anyway...you'll get the idea of the vibe. Kind of a '70's throwback hit me

It sounds awesome! Do you mind me asking what you mean when you say you were doing the piano and the drums "at the same time"? Drum programming is great. How did you do that? Especially during the piano solo, very intense, how do you program such long evolving and natural beats? Unless your playing it in with a MIDI kit or something it boggles my mind... tell secrets!?

We are all slave's to our brain chemistry!

AnonymousInvent.You've got much talent. Dug the music and paintings. Bravo, brother!

@Mike,

When I do drum programming like during that solo I'll usually grab say an 8 bar phrase or more and paste it where the solo section is gonna be. For this thing i picked an easy set of changes to play over, although what I did over isn't really all that good. I went Cm7 - Eb11 - Db11- Bb11. Simple. When I started on the solo, I'd only play a few bars and I was thinking I wanted to have the "band" do some hits together during it. So I'd play a few bars and rest and then do some kind of rhythmic hits with some piano chords. Then I'd stop and go to the drums and make those parts fit what I did on piano and then fix the bass part. Now I go back to the piano solo which is already in progress and do it again and again. You can hear the starts and stops and hear that it's just a bunch of tired licks and no lines. I wasn't really as concerned about trying to do a cool solo as I was getting the vibe I wanted to hear under it. I should have picked a couple of those hits and made a note as to where they are and then played the solo in a pass from jump after I've played through it several times and have a mental road map of what the band is going to do. This is just a sketch of an idea for a tune. There's give and take when you're making something up, programming and playing it for the first time and all parts at once. Hey, but I'm preachin' to the choir over here.

Thats really interesting, thanks! So be clear, you started by programming 8 bars, then append them together, then edited in hits, fills, etc? And your doing this all in software, like logic or something? BTW, the licks don't sound tired to me...

We are all slave's to our brain chemistry!

Yep, just play fills on top of the underlying groove. Then I'll look at the notation and erase things like hats that couldn't be played if both hands are doing a fill. I'll then overdub pedal, etc. I'm doing it on a motif and digital performer.

Drew Neumann and Kevin Lamb sampled a newly refurbished Moog System 15 and created a beautiful collection of sounds to benefit the Bob Moog Foundation.

Here Come The Drooms is a brief sampler of some of the sounds from the collection, and the first theme of a longer work. Also featured is a Moog Voyager and the highly regarded Meowsic Keyboard.

Here Come The Drooms

A link to the BMF and the purchase of the instrument. Dr. Bob's Modular

Wow, great stuff all around guys, I really dig what you guys are doing thats electronically inspired, something I could definitely do some looking into for fun and to broaden my repetoire a bit.

Here's a few videos of a cover band I was in this summer just for fun, nothing spectacular, but i get to take some solos, so I like it at least.

[video:youtube]

Its a Nord Electro 2 being controlled by a Casio Privia PX-330 for the piano and electric piano sounds. For the piano, I have the Stereo C7 Patch (run in stereo), with some eq'ing and whatnot. The Rhodes is the Rhodes MKI sample IIRC. The monitors are Kustom something oranothers (the little black ones in the video)... I got them from a buddy for 20 bucks, and although they sound alright, theres not much life left in them at all. The amplifier I'm using is a Yamaha Stagepas PA Amplifier, which is also on its last legs. My stuff sounds OK, but I'm pushing the reds pretty much all the time to be heard, so I don't see much life left in my speaker or amplifier at all.

Recently found this on my hard drive and thought I'd give it an airing. It's from a 2010 gig (my last with that band I think!). The sax was supposed to solo but something went wrong with his mike so I ended up carrying the whole thing (it goes on for 8 minutes but I edited!). Gear is an XK1 and Roland Juno D through a Solton Turboject rotary amp

So, my son tapes his iPhone to his rear view mirror and drives down the strip.....I added some music .

I'll list this stuff because I'm always curious as to what people are using.

Rhythmic Aura lib - the underlying rhythmic goodness

Trance Fusion lib - sweeps when going under the overpasses

Jupiter 80 - all other atmosphere

Omnisphere - Pad

Emotional Piano - Piano

MOTU Bassline - Bass

LASS - Strings

Omega 8 - clav like part