Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Sam, I loved the atmosphere in "Paint". Also, the progression in the intro is very nice and catchy! Aaaaand, you can sing... First of all I envy everyone with a nice lead voice and secondly it reminded me very positively of Neal Morse of Spock's Bears or Roine Stolt of the Flower Kings (I dunno if you're into that kind of music, if yes, then you'll know it's a compliment ;) )

Thanks, Mo. Just wanted to give props to my brother Stu on the lead voice. He does all the lead singing and drumming (so much for the folks who say that drummers aren't musicians :-)) I write most of our songs, but I truly feel they only come alive when the rest of the band does their thing.

I'll have to check out the bands you mention...not familiar with their work. Thanks for the pointer.

Nice job on Soul Cowboy. I think you're phrasing is great. I didn't hear the mistakes, but then again mistakes don't bother me (as evidenced by my own playing) as long as the feeling and thought are there. Well done!

Sam

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Ooops...I actually have heard of Spock's Beard...your typo threw me. (I just got back from Argentina and I'm a little jet lagged.)

Hadn't heard of the Flower Kings though.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

Haha... yeah, I just saw my own typo. Of course I meant the Beards.

The Flower Kings are also into that retro-prog-thing, but they're from Sweden, so maybe not that known in the US.

However, they have some nice musicians in the band. Especially keyboarder Tomas Bodin with his Nord rig... The bass player is a monster, too. Here's a part 1 of one of their "epics":

Never mind the strange dancing scenes in between :freak:

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

Haha... yeah, I just saw my own typo. Of course I meant the Beards.

The Flower Kings are also into that retro-prog-thing, but they're from Sweden, so maybe not that known in the US.

However, they have some nice musicians in the band. Especially keyboarder Tomas Bodin with his Nord rig... The bass player is a monster, too. Here's a part 1 of one of their "epics":

Never mind the strange dancing scenes in between :freak:

I watched that one and sent it on to my band mates. We all laughed at the dancers but the music was great....the bass player has that amazing early Chris Squire tone. Good stuff.

www.stickmanor.com

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the ballad arrangement of "Country Roads" my wife and I recorded:

www.reverbnation.com/davinlseamon

Just in time for Mountaineer football!

Please feel free to check out the other tunes as well. You can also get them on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/davin.seamon

Thanks for listening,

Davin

One of the lower "brass" sounds is Atmosphere, there is some FS1R in there. The pad at the beginning is a layer of a few different things. The lead at the end is actually a V-Station. In fact aside from the FS1R which is doing that vocal type sound, its all software.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Tim Wat's site

Live recording from most recent gig. As related in another post, 105 degrees on stage, Logic Mainstage not working for most of the gig. Old tune "People Make the World Go Round" is when the Rhodes patch comes back to life. This was recorded on the drummer's Tascam handheld digital recorder sitting by the FOH engineer.

• 4 weeks later...

So, post number 900 and getting near to that magic grand, thought I'd better do something a bit different...

Some of you may be aware that I'm the musical director at an Anglican church. I've also written some Christian songs, with half an eye on trying for a publishing deal.

Here are three examples, all taken from local radio broadcasts the church did (hence the odd top and tailing on one example). The singer in the first is Kari Santoro, who also gigged with me until her return to her native Canada. The second two feature my current "go to" gigging singer, Cath Ralph. I'm on piano in all cases.

I'd welcome your thoughts and input.

Let Love Flow

My Mind Is Weighed Down

Hide Me, Lord

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Started on a new project the other day. I've got 10 or more of these to do, so I got this mix in the ballpark and then at the end of the project I'll take a few days and tighten 'em all up.

T. Alavrado -sax

G. Kaupp -flugelhorn

me-keys, guitar, drum programming

drop the needle

Started on a new project the other day. I've got 10 or more of these to do, so I got this mix in the ballpark and then at the end of the project I'll take a few days and tighten 'em all up.

T. Alavrado -sax

G. Kaupp -flugelhorn

drop the needle

Great job Linwood!

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

T. Alavrado -sax

G. Kaupp -flugelhorn

Give the flugel player some! ;) Nice, Linwood.

Tim Wat's site

Live recording from most recent gig. As related in another post, 105 degrees on stage, Logic Mainstage not working for most of the gig. Old tune "People Make the World Go Round" is when the Rhodes patch comes back to life. This was recorded on the drummer's Tascam handheld digital recorder sitting by the FOH engineer.

very cool jam.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

On my YouTube channel there's video from my new Brazilian trio. If you scroll down to my Favorites on that page, the Indigone Trio video with a very awkward title is the newest tune in our book. I wrote it after this happened.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Nice David! I checked out a couple things and like the youtube channel stuff. I always like hearin' what you're up to. Really interesting stuff. Nice Stevie story. I meet him once. He's one of the only guys I've met where I felt star struck. He was really kind and got up and did a set by himself on the grand. I was workin' the Playboy in LA at the time. I'll never forget it.

Thanks, Linwood! Great new demo from you as well. Going through some of the other music on this page now - Mike Martin's production is stellar and Tim's band is grooving despite the not-optimal stage conditions. Such fantastic work in this group!

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Thanks...just trying to squeeze what I can out of two chords. It's a fun project. I'm with you. Love this thread because there's so many different types of stuff on here and all good. Creative bunch we have, for sure.

From the sublime (Linwood) to the ridiculous (that would be me):

Law and Disorder

I cooked this up in about a week in response to a call for imaginary cop-show TV themes. The production is a bit dodgy and the monologue needs processing, but it's kinda fun.

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox

Nice. I was wondering how you got the sax to sound so authentic on a keyboard ... then I looked at your post again and saw that it IS authentic

T. Alavrado -sax

G. Kaupp -flugelhorn

drop the needle

wow, good sounding stuff. you guys really are masters of electronic keys/programming. I wish I had more time to spend on making better sounding /quality tracks. All I've got time to do is put together midi tracks using default patches without any control messages/XG, and just applying a default insert effect onto a track. I'll be lucky if I can put in portamento.

I think I'm doing a decent job of it on the Yamaha CS6X, though. I'd be curious to see if you guys agree.

I thought your stuff sounded fine 80skeys. You already know where it might need help. Better sounds/more options. The sound of your seqs would really improve if you had mo better stuff. And that just isn't keyboard sounds, I mean better plugins to mix with, too. The one keyboard thing/mono makes it tough. A few VI's and a better mix environment and you'd be smokin'.