Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

When the forum algorithm censors you......

7 hours ago, ABECK said:

I was thinking the same.  Thus, I'll be inserting random words in all my posts henceforth. 

Stool

Endoscopy

Thermonuclear

Those are all good.

Not if they happen at the same time. 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

11 minutes ago, TommyRude said:
15 minutes ago, Adan said:

I personally believe this forum is a trojan horse for the Australians to take over the USA.  It starts innocently enough, with crowd-funded tours by Lachy Doley.  Next thing you know we're all eating vegemite and pretending to like it. Nothing you say can make me believe this isn't happening.

Trying to understand the problem here?

Its all about the Buy Con.   We can't survive in the US without copious daily supplies of Bacon!!!

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

17 minutes ago, Adan said:

I personally believe this forum is a trojan horse for the Australians to take over the USA.  It starts innocently enough, with crowd-funded tours by Lachy Doley.  Next thing you know we're all eating vegemite and pretending to like it. Nothing you say can make me believe this isn't happening.

When Australian kids cuss, they don't get their filthy $#@! little mouths washed out with soap.

Mom just makes 'em eat 3 heaping tablespoons' worth of Vegemite. :barf:

• Haha 1

~ "Tom Sawyer"

I confess that I actually buy and enjoy Marmite (the UK stuff that Vegemite is copied from).   I've never had Vegemite, but I'm assuming it's similar to Marmite.    Can't explain it, it's just one of the crazy things that happens as part of your UK upbringing, along with mushy peas, blood sausage (yes, it's made from blood! - waste not, want not), and chip butties (a sandwich made with white bread and chips ("french fries" to you Yanks!).

P.S.  Chip butties are better than they sound.   Must be made with fresh, doughey white bread, and hot, fresh-out-of-the-deep-fryer chips (i.e. "french fries"), which are made from fresh potatoes, and deep-fried in fresh lard.  Oh, yeah, and lots of butter on that bread - it gets melted by the hot chips.  Perhaps a little vinegar on the chips.   No ketchup or other condiment required.   My mouth is watering thinking about this.   Gotta figure out a way to make myself some chip butties.

Here's a pretty good how-to video in case you're interested:  https://youtu.be/TOkFu3hGXpA?si=99dKYPrzLTGO25-k

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adan said:

The context is that people believe what they want to believe.

Just as we drew it up.

1 hour ago, Floyd Tatum said:

I confess that I actually buy and enjoy Marmite (the UK stuff that Vegemite is copied from).   I've never had Vegemite, but I'm assuming it's similar to Marmite.    Can't explain it, it's just one of the crazy things that happens as part of your UK upbringing, along with mushy peas, blood sausage (yes, it's made from blood! - waste not, want not), and chip butties (a sandwich made with white bread and chips ("french fries" to you Yanks!).

P.S.  Chip butties are better than they sound.   Must be made with fresh, doughey white bread, and hot, fresh-out-of-the-deep-fryer chips (i.e. "french fries"), which are made from fresh potatoes, and deep-fried in fresh lard.  Oh, yeah, and lots of butter on that bread - it gets melted by the hot chips.  Perhaps a little vinegar on the chips.   No ketchup or other condiment required.   My mouth is watering thinking about this.   Gotta figure out a way to make myself some chip butties.

Here's a pretty good how-to video in case you're interested:  https://youtu.be/TOkFu3hGXpA?si=99dKYPrzLTGO25-k

Vegemite and Marmite are similar for sure, but only in the way that A Nord and a Korg is similar :) 

1 hour ago, David Emm said:

When Australian kids cuss, they don't get their filthy $#@! little mouths washed out with soap.

Mom just makes 'em eat 3 heaping tablespoons' worth of Vegemite. :barf:

That isn't a punishment - that's lunch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got reservations at a restaurant tonight.

• Wow! 1

Yamaha P-515, Hammond SK1, Casio PX5s, Motif ES rack, Kawai MP5, Kawai ESS110, Yamaha S03, iPad, and a bunch of stuff in the closet.

11 hours ago, Floyd Tatum said:

... chip butties (a sandwich made with white bread and chips ("french fries" to you Yanks!).

I can vouch for this. I was sitting at a bar in Memphis, TN when the guy next to me said apologetically, "Sorry guys, I'm about to get a bit British". The waitress showed up with plates stacked with white bread, fries and mounds of butter. He built up a sandwich as described above and ate about three of them. The next day I went to work and described this peculiar behavior (behaviour) to a co-worker - also a Brit - who recognized it right away. "Oh, a chip buttie!" 

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

7 minutes ago, Lou Gehrig Charles said:

I have reservations too, but I'm going there anyway.

Go figure - I must be on some kind of watch list!

The only edible food in the UK is the imported cuisine: curry, kebab, Chinese, French, Italian, Fish and Chips (Spanish jews introduced it there). The local stuff is something I only imagine being forced to eat when tortured 🤦🏻‍♂️

40 minutes ago, ABECK said:

Go figure - I must be on some kind of watch list!

No, you’re not…at least,  not here. 

You must’ve missed my earlier post on the first page.  The word Reservations WAS on our word filter list because of airline spam a few years back, but it’s gone now. 😎

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

1 hour ago, CyberGene said:

The only edible food in the UK is the imported cuisine: curry, kebab, Chinese, French, Italian, Fish and Chips (Spanish jews introduced it there). The local stuff is something I only imagine being forced to eat when tortured

Incorrect. A good roast for Sunday lunch is the stuff of the gods. 

Although arguably everything is imported if you go back far enough. 

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

Testing this myself...

I was on a forum that was family friendly.

I brought up something about the town of Milford, Ohio.     It got kicked for using the word 'Milf'     :)

• Cool 1
  • Haha 3

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

1 hour ago, Dave Bryce said:

No, you’re not…at least,  not here. 

You must’ve missed my earlier post on the first page.  The word Reservations WAS on our word filter list because of airline spam a few years back, but it’s gone now. 😎

dB

Ahh - missed that.  Apologies for the kurfuffle.

• Cool 1

let's put full test.

Caution.. turn back now if George Carlin's dirty words offend  ;)

Rat shit bat shit, dirty old twat. Sixty-nine assholes tied in a knot.  hurray ,lizard shit fuck!

• Haha 1

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

45 minutes ago, MathOfInsects said:

@Dave Bryce, what are the other banned words? I mean, with an asterisk or two where needed, of course.

At this point, literally all of them have to do with some version or ingredient of (intentionally misspelled) keeeto Guummmyyz.

dB

• Like 1
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

9 hours ago, SMcD said:

What is the deal with airline food, anyway?

My pal calls it "Soylent Brown." I prefer "Teletubby Turds." We're both amazed not to be on any No Fly lists.

~ "Tom Sawyer"

11 hours ago, Threadslayer said:

I can vouch for this. I was sitting at a bar in Memphis, TN when the guy next to me said apologetically, "Sorry guys, I'm about to get a bit British". The waitress showed up with plates stacked with white bread, fries and mounds of butter. He built up a sandwich as described above and ate about three of them. The next day I went to work and described this peculiar behavior (behaviour) to a co-worker - also a Brit - who recognized it right away. "Oh, a chip buttie!" 

Holy bleep, shades of Mr. Creosote from Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life!"

It sounds horrifically delicious, but I can tell that if I chowed down on one, I'd pop before I finished it.

~ "Tom Sawyer"

On 3/4/2024 at 1:36 PM, ABECK said:

I was thinking the same.  Thus, I'll be inserting random words in all my posts henceforth. 

Stool

Endoscopy

Thermonuclear

Those are all good.

I got dinged by humans here last year for referring to Wendy Carlos by the name on the original SOB album and birth certificate.   I didn't even know there was such a thing as "dead naming," which is apparently more heinous than dropping an F-bomb.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Joe Rogan's Podcasts are now 100% Back on Youtube.   So now they are free again.  I heard something about a backlash happening.   2113

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

On 3/5/2024 at 2:48 AM, Adan said:

The context is that people believe what they want to believe.

Meanwhile, the Europeans are sitting back, Chantré in hand, content to let the Australians think this is about them… 

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

3 hours ago, Tom Williams said:

I got dinged by humans here last year for referring to Wendy Carlos by the name on the original SOB album and birth certificate.   I didn't even know there was such a thing as "dead naming," which is apparently more heinous than dropping an F-bomb.

I dunno about "more heinous than saying 'fuck'" (which I don't mind), but it is profoundly disrespectful to the person concerned. 

• Like 2

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio