Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

When the forum algorithm censors you......

Just now, analogika said:

The truth is that other people's names are not your choice. 

Actually that's not true at all.   My choice of name for Joe Buck is "Horse Face".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

One of my instructional videos was banned from Instagram because it mentioned pink noise as a way to simulate listening to music in a car.

Apparently they had a problem with the word pink. I kid you not. That algorithm must have seriously cut into videos mentioning Pink Floyd, The Big Pink, or Pink.

Maybe I'll test the waters and post a video about watching the Pink Panther while listening to Music from Big Pink before going to a Pink Floyd tribute band, and see if Instagram implodes.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/7/2024 at 7:58 AM, ProfD said:

The transpose feature should never be used on a gig.🤣

Let's see if that 1) brings us back on topic and) passes the censor and 3) stays within forum rules.😁😎

I’m going to disagree here - I have used the transpose feature quite often. There is one blues band I play with occasionally who play 95% of their repertoire in E or A. I am fully conversant with guitar keys, they are easy for me. But it gets a bit boring after a while, so I transpose up or down to make it more interesting - so I’m playing in Eb or F, Ab or Bb. Eb I quite like, but for some reason I find Ab a bit more challenging for blues.

At the last gig where I did this the band leader told me it was the best I’d ever played with them. Also I’m getting practice in case I ever play an untransposable instrument with a band that tunes down.

What was the topic anyway?

Legend Soul 261, Leslie 251, Yamaha UX1, CP4, CK61, Hammond SK1, Ventilator, Privia PX3, Behringer 2600, Korg Triton LE, VB3M, B3X, various guitars and woodwinds, drum kits …

There's been a lot of complaints of MSN censorship with curse words. That's odd, I don't get into trouble using the King's French when I post. I can use curse words like kumquat, dandelion, and snugglebunnies. If MSN doesn't like it then they can kiss my asparagus.

• Wow! 1

I like Eb, Bb and Ab as blues keys.  It depends on the type of blues.   I’ve played some cool Blues ballads in Ab.    

But if you are just considering shredding Pentatonics and nailing crush notes then yes! It’s way easier to slide off a black key to a white key the sliding uphill from a white key to a black key.   One of the things we have to do as pianists is to harness musical tension by playing between the cracks.  

But that is just me. I’m just a crazy ex player on the internet.  

• Like 1

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

2 hours ago, CEB said:

I like Eb, Bb and Ab as blues keys.  It depends on the type of blues.   I’ve played some cool Blues ballads in Ab.    

But if you are just considering shredding Pentatonics and nailing crush notes then yes! It’s way easier to slide off a black key to a white key the sliding uphill to from a white key to a black key.   One of the things we have to do as pianists is to harness musical tension by playing between the cracks.  

But that is just me. I’m just a crazy ex player on the internet.  

I love those accidentals on purpose.  They got soul.