Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2021-2022 Thread

13 hours ago, MAJUSCULE said:

Sorry Geoff! I was absolutely in the anti-Rodgers camp today. :laugh: Saw a joke about how “the science isn’t in yet on if the kick was actually good”. :cop:

I thought he had a shot, but then again, we thought he had a shot before.

Yeah, Sorry Geoff, but between being a Bears fan and that, I was definitely rooting for the 49ers. We shall see what happens to the Pack next year.

Go Rams!

13 hours ago, Geoff Grace said:

The Packers defense also deserves praise. They held the 49ers offense to 0 touchdowns. This is the first playoff in many years that I can say Green Bay's defense was the best unit on the field.

Formidable defense. They showed up in a big way

Very defensive-oriented game.

I'm glad the Packers lost so we don't have to watch the NFC Championship game played in sub-zero temps and snow! :laugh: 

I know Packers fans love the elements, but I think one could make a convincing argument that Lambeau Field cost the Packers (and Aaron Rogers) this game. 

We here in Western NY are heartbroken for the loss. It’s great to have a team worthy of their unwavering fan base.

I need to stop making wings when the Bills play KC in the playoffs. I made these last night (1/2 Rochester style with a local sweet & spicy sauce, 1/2 Buffalo). My FB memory from 1/24/21 was a plate of wings I made for last year’s Buffalo vs KC AFC Championship. I’m 0-2. 😢

BF8D762D-DC13-4E35-80A3-CD61A3E11782.jpeg

• Like 1

As you all may know from reading this thread, I'm a huge NFL fan. 😁

For as entertaining as the Buc/Rams and Bills/Chiefs games were yesterday, i was totally annoyed by the soft defensive coverage by every team especially if the 4th quarter of the games.

Granted, the Chiefs lost Safety Tyrann Mathieu early in the game.  Maybe the Bills do no shred them for 4 TDs to the same guy if Mathieu is on the field but still...next man up.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch of the imagination but it almost felt like the NFL made a call to the teams and told them to play soft coverages in the final minutes of the games. 🤨

In regular season games, teams do not easily convert 4th downs nor do they score TDs in less than a minute.  Yet, about 31 points were scored in less than 3 minutes in the Bills/Chiefs game.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the games from a fan perspective. I just hope to see better defense in the divisional championship games and Super Bowl.😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The Bills D was one of the best in the NFL before this game.

But Allen and Mahommes showed yet again that when an elite QB is on fire, he's practically impossible to stop - I bet even the Seahawks Legion of Boom would have trouble against either of them.   Allen you could sort of gameplan against because half his runs are designed plays, but Mahommes plays his position as if he were Steph Curry of Golden State - an unpredictable point guard who can improvise like a world-class jazz musician.

There's no denying the latest round of rule changes after the days of Legion of Boom led to offenses being favored even more, at the expense of defenses.  One change in particular being the "no contact after 5 yards" rule.

17 hours ago, MAJUSCULE said:

Change the dang OT rules!!

Agreed

Ten of the last 11 playoff games that went to overtime were won by the team that started with possession. The most competitive games in football—the ones so tense that they need overtime—are weighted by the 50-50 proposition of heads or tails. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chiefs-bills-nfl-overtime-rules-josh-allen-patrick-mahomes-11643042561?st=c06zt1qm0y56g42&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

• Like 1
:nopity:

8 hours ago, Mark Zeger said:

We here in Western NY are heartbroken for the loss.

Lots of forlorn Bills Mafia in southern Ontario, too--about 8,000 season's tickets are owned north of the border.  That vile ending ruined what would have been one of the greatest victories in Bills history.  I'm old enough to remember the pain of Wide Right and the Music City Miracle.  What will be the historical shorthand code for yesterday's devastating loss:  13 Seconds?  

“For 50 years, it was like being chained to a lunatic.”

-- Kingsley Amis on the eventual loss of his libido

With just three games left in our Pick ‘Em Pool, our rankings are frozen for the rest of the season, because no one is in striking distance of the next position. As a result, congratulations go out to 4 furry house goblins for winning it this year. I don’t know your forum name; but whoever you are, we’ll done! :thu:

Kudos to ProfD for being runner up, currently at four games back. :cool:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

4 hours ago, Geoff Grace said:

With just three games left in our Pick ‘Em Pool...congratulations go out to 4 furry house goblins for winning it this year. :thu:

Kudos to ProfD for being runner up, currently at four games back. :cool:

Brotha Geoff, thanks for recognizing the Pick Em Pool.

I'd also like to offer congratulations to our winner 4 furry house goblins🏆

Thanks to all who participated in Pick Em Pool. I had a blast with it. 😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

On 1/23/2022 at 7:01 PM, Geoff Grace said:

Overtime was anticlimactic because both teams were moving the ball at will. Essentially, a coin toss won the game.

But four lead changes in the final two minutes of the game was incredible!

Agreed. Still, that is easily one of the greatest games I have ever seen. Incredible!!

20 hours ago, Polychrest said:

Lots of forlorn Bills Mafia in southern Ontario, too--about 8,000 season's tickets are owned north of the border.  That vile ending ruined what would have been one of the greatest victories in Bills history.  

I was rooting for the Chiefs. That said, this is one of those times in which I wish it were possible for both teams to win. I didn't feel like the Bills lost. But holy crap, what a game that was. 

2 hours ago, KenElevenShadows said:

I was rooting for the Chiefs. That said, this is one of those times in which I wish it were possible for both teams to win. I didn't feel like the Bills lost. But holy crap, what a game that was. 

I'd like to hear about who everyone is rooting for, now that we're down to the final four.

Of course, I'm rooting for the Rams, as they have a chance to win their first Super Bowl as a Los Angeles team. If they can accomplish this feat, it would be the fulfillment of a childhood dream for me. (I remember that the Rams won the Super Bowl while they were based in St Louis, but I wasn't at all happy about that; and I know that they won an NFL championship while based in LA in 1951.)

My second choice is the Bengals, because it would be nice to see them finally win the big one.

If all things are equal, I root for the NFC over the AFC; so the 49ers are my third choice, which leaves the Chiefs as my fourth.

How about you guys? Who are you rooting for now and why?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon