Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2021-2022 Thread

1st round of wild card games should be good. The Super Bowl of this weekend will be watching the Cowbums get eliminated. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

There's definitely a changing of the guard in the AFC East. Bills will reign at the top. Pats 2nd. Jets will be in the middle. Dolphins will be in the aquarium. :laugh:

Pats are getting beat so badly the Bills could pull their starters out of the game.:D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

1st round of wild card games should be good. The Super Bowl of this weekend will be watching the Cowbums get eliminated. :laugh::cool:

And wow how that happened.... I could understand making such an embarrassing mistake on the last play to lose.... if you're the road team, not the one at home with the crowd in your favor.

Niners looked strong in first half against the Cowboys, but 4th quarter Cowboys were threatening to come back. They had a chance but yeah, last play just gave the game away to the Niners. For their win, Niners now get to play the Packers next week. I hope it's a good game. That would be fun. But my money is on the Packers to be in the Super Bowl.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Cowbums losing was highlight of wildcard weekend. It was a nailbiter at the end.

Whatever the 49ers decide to do with QB Jimmy G next season I surely hope he doesn't end up in DC with the soon to have a new name football team. :cool:

PD

pleased the Eagles got in after being 2-5 however there was just nothing from them out of the gate yesterday. However they did get the 7th spot.

I wasn't please when the NFL added a 17th game and 7th spot; it dliutes it too much. I could understand and even 18 and 8 playoff spots so that perhaps the top 2 seeds could get a bye.

I played the game (not well whatsoever) and sometimes long for the 80's when games were at 1 and 4 only (other than MNF) and winning the division meant something

Rams 28 - 0 over Cardinals in the 3rd quarter? I thought the Cardinals were better than that. Maybe I confused them with the Kansas City Chiefs.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

The Rams went all-in on multiple star players to win now, but they weren't always playing like a team. It took some time to gel, and I'm not sure how well they'll play together in the next round; but they took care of business tonight, and they made it look easy.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I expected the Cards to play a better game tonight. They didn't seem prepared for the Rams defense. Not having WR D. Hopkins on the field makes a huge difference too.

OTOH, QB Matt Stafford and the Rams offense did exactly what they brought him to LA to do. WR OBJ seems to be a happier camper too.

Bucs defense is tough. So, next weeks Rams/Bucs game should be a good one. :cool:

PD

Bucs defense is tough. So, next weeks Rams/Bucs game should be a good one. :cool:

And a fitting one, I think. The Rams looked at Tampa Bay's blueprint for success last year and they did their best to copy it this year. Instead of Tom Brady, they brought in Matthew Stafford. Instead of Antonio Brown, they signed Odell Beckham Jr. They added former Super Bowl MVP Von Miller to help bolster an already great defense that features perhaps the best defensive tackle of all-time, Aaron Donald, and one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL, Jalen Ramsey. They may have underperformed so far, but it's also possible that they're peaking at just the right time.

Even at his relatively advanced age, I'd give Brady the advantage over Stafford; but Cooper Kupp may be the best all-round receiver in football right now. As good as Tampa Bay's defense is, LA's defense is just as capable. I'll be surprised if this game isn't close all the way until the final minutes.

Best,

Geoff

Budda Baker says 'I am doing good' after collision with Cam Akers

It was scary seeing Baker lying motionless on the field. I'm grateful that he seems to be okay and hope that he fully recovers.

Great news for Baker. It looked bad during the game. But, I think he'll be fine to play in the Pro Bowl. :cool:

PD

I expected the Bengals to win today. But, totally didn't see Packers losing. 4th time QB Aaron Rodgers has lost to the 49ers in the playoffs.😎

PD

*Sigh*

Congrats to our 49ers fans. San Francisco is going to the NFC Championship. Well done.

FOX has been repeatedly crediting special teams for causing the loss for Green Bay—and they have a point—but San Francisco's defense holding the Packers offense to one touchdown is a rare accomplishment. If the Packers had been able to score the way they usually do, then the special teams gap would have been a footnote.

The Packers defense also deserves praise. They held the 49ers offense to 0 touchdowns. This is the first playoff in many years that I can say Green Bay's defense was the best unit on the field.

I'm sad tonight. Normally, I'd look forward to next year; but I don't know whether next year will include Aaron Rodgers at the helm. At least I have the Rams to look forward to tomorrow. I hope they follow today's trend of upset wins.

Best,

Geoff

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MAJUSCULE said:

Sorry Geoff! I was absolutely in the anti-Rodgers camp today. :laugh: Saw a joke about how “the science isn’t in yet on if the kick was actually good”. :cop:

Thanks, Eric. I get it.

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

I expected the Bengals to win today. But, totally didn't see Packers losing. 4th time QB Aaron Rodgers has lost to the 49ers in the playoffs.😎

ProfD, I was more afraid of the Niners than any other team this postseason. They are peaking at the right time.

Best,

Geoff