Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2021-2022 Thread

Thanks, Mike.

Yesterday's victories made me consider the possibility that the Rams and the Chargers could conceivably play each other in the next Super Bowl, both teams having home field advantage. That would be an interesting first.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I do want to give credit to the Chargers, who looked good.

I thought they did as well - especially Justin Herbert, who has a laser for an arm.

dB

Yeah, he does.

Now, Los Angeles has two teams. And as it turns out, both of them look really darned good. It will take a little while for the Chargers to become truly embraced by Los Angeles. Hardly anyone wanted them here. But time will pass, and especially if they start winning, people are gonna get excited.

Thanks, Mike.

Yesterday's victories made me consider the possibility that the Rams and the Chargers could conceivably play each other in the next Super Bowl, both teams having home field advantage. That would be an interesting first.

Best,

Geoff

Oh hah, this was on the page and I didn't even see it. But yeah, LA looks like they have two really good teams.

I'm still gonna tee off on Nagy, that's how frosted I am with the "schemees" and "play-calling".

I am usually quite tempered in my opinions. I don't like to go scorched earth.

But that guy is utterly incompetent. No, seriously. Not hyperbole. How the hell does he look players straight in the face and say, "This is the crap we're gonna be running. No screens, no moving the pocket, no run-play options. Just five o-line guys from the practice squad going up against an all-star defensive line so Justin Fields is a tackling dummy. I've planned this for 149 days since we drafted Fields, and this is what it is. 1-2-3 BEAR DOWN!"

When I played backyard ball with my friends in the snow, we had more imaginative play-calling than what Nagy has been doing.

7 total net offensive yards, which is the lowest the Browns have ever held an opponent to in franchise history.

ONE passing yard.

Nine sacks. Fifteen hits. Who knows how many rushed plays.

One third down converted, which occurred in the third quarter.

The second least amount of offensive yards gamed in the Super Bowl era.

At the very least, someone else like Lazor needs to be doing the offensive play calling. I almost never call for a team to fire a coach three games into a season. But I think it might be a good idea. 149 days to scheme for this quarterback, and this is what you come up with?

Chicago native Michael Wilbon also went off on Nagy in today's episode of ESPN's Pardon the Interruption. He wants Nagy gone and the Bears' GM too.

He's been calling for Nagy's removal for years now but never more passionately than today.

Best,

Geoff

It's amazing that Nagy has held on to the Bears head coaching job this long. Maybe he's related to and/or has something to hold over the GM's head. :laugh:

Seriously, I hope the Bears do not allow Nagy's ineptitude to ruin QB Justin Fields potential career.

As an aside, QB Mitchell Trubisky seems content with his gig in Buffalo. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Trubisky has some upside, including athleticism, ability to run, and a powerful arm. He's not super accurate, and appeared to go through reads a little slowly, although if he had horrible schemes, that may have contributed.

I've often been frustated with Chicago's anemic offense and the fact that they never seem to have a good o-line. But Sunday's game against the Browns pissed me off because it was so beyond incompetent. I get that people are calling Nagy out as not only incompetent but also negligent and other terms, some even implying that he did this purposely (dunno about that).

Could part of that search for solutions on offense include a change in playcaller?

'Just to keep it super simple, everything"s on the table,' Nagy said. 'And I think that"s probably the easiest way to put itâ the evaluation part, everything.'

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-matt-nagy-evaluating-giving-play-calling-offense

In the mean time, the Steelers are in LAST place in the AFC North. After years of being competitive, the Steelers could very well end up with a Losing season. Big Ben is washed up. He doesn't belong on an NFL football field. He looks like Grandpa in a playground football game. Time to give him a seat on the bench..

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

My condolences, Mike.

The Steelers are a great franchise with a great coach in Mike Tomlin. I understand their loyalty to Ben Roethlisberger, even though I agree that time is taking its toll. I hope they're able to turn things around soon.

Best,

Geoff

The Bears o-line, Justin Fields, and play-calling were all good. A good game to get back on their feet. Hopefully they can carry some of that to the next game.

Unfortunately, however, Montgomery (MCL sprain) and Williams (quad) are out, probably leaving them without their two top running backs for the immediate future.

Congrats on the Bears' victory over the Lions today, Ken. I hope Montgomery and Williams bounce back quickly.

Poor Jared Goff. He went from a quarterbacking a playoff team to helming the offense of the only winless team in the NFC.

Speaking of Goff's old team, the Rams looked as bad against the Cardinals today as they looked good against the Buccaneers last week. Now, Arizona is the only undefeated team left in the NFC.

After the Broncos' loss to the Ravens today, the Raiders are now the only undefeated team in the AFC. The Chargers will have something to say about that tomorrow night, though, as the Raiders return to one of their old home markets. That should be a great game.

Best,

Geoff

Congrats on the Bears' victory over the Lions today, Ken. I hope Montgomery and Williams bounce back quickly.

Thanks. I think it was important for them - and for us fans - to have a good game like that so we could all feel a bit better. Hopefully their injuries aren't too bad. Thanks.

Poor Jared Goff. He went from a quarterbacking a playoff team to helming the offense of the only winless team in the NFC.

That's gotta be rough. It's hard to know whether he's really inconsistent or he's on a really bad team or both. It's either too late at night or my memory's too poor to remember if he were really inconsistent with the Rams. But he certainly was against the Bears.

The Bears play the Raiders this coming weekend. And I am not really sure how they are going to do against them, as the Raiders are playing good ball. There's still some issues with the Bears' offense and o-line, and with their two top running backs possibly out, this could be a really tough game for 'em.

Chargers handled the Raiders mightily last night. Down goes the last undefeated team in the AFC.

As everyone can see, my WFT defense is not the juggernaut they were forecast to be this season. The secondary is Swiss cheese. :rolleyes:

As much as I hate to admit it, the Cowbums will run away with the NFC East division title this season.:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

It really is an incredible stadium, assaultive or no. I did see the Raiders playing the Rams there, albeit for a pre-season game.

I don't really need to hear "WHOSE HOUSE? OUR HOUSE!" again, though.

Bears 14-3 so far, doing okay against the favored Raiders. Bears are getting a lot of injuries, though. May be a costly game if Mooney, Ifedi, or Fields are really banged up.

Super physical game, but they managed to shut down the Raiders and get a win. Bears still have a lot of issues, but they managed to push through them in part by great defense and a strong run game.

' Jon Gruden has resigned as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders after emails he sent before being hired in 2018 contained racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments.

Gruden released a statement Monday night, saying: 'I have resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction. Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I"m sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone.''

https://apnews.com/article/gruden-out-raiders-coach-offensive-emails-a214abdc3fd624dec17045db93080222?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=curated

It is. I hadn't read any previous articles about Gruden's emails, and also thought that it was only one.

Reading the article paints that in a whole 'nother light.

:facepalm::rolleyes:

I feel badly for the rest of the team.

dB

Yep, especially when one of the players on that team just came out this summer.

It will be interesting to see how well the coaching staff is able to hold it together. The Raiders have been playing very well. :cool:

PD

I read another article somewhere that was even more damning. This isn't one of those situations where he wrote a couple of heated emails twenty years ago or some such thing. This was hostile, racist, demeaning, and ongoing. I can't imagine he'd ever be able to coach anywhere again. Best wishes for the Raiders going forward (except when they play the Bears ;). ).

The Arizona Cardinals are the only undefeated team in the NFL right now. Their schedule doesn't look tough.

The date with Green Bay Packers should be a good game. They have a date with the Cowbums later in the season.

Otherwise, through week 6 there have been very entertaining games. Of course, I totally dig the league parity.

It's getting harder to predict which teams will end up in the Super Bowl. So many are good enough to make it.

i can say unequivocally, the WFT will not be in the playoff conversation this season. :laugh::cool:

PD

I don't know that we have any Bengals fans here but they whupped the Ravens pretty good this past week. QB Joe Burrow might be a franchise guy after all. :D

Of course, WFT performed to my expectations. I'm just glad AR and the Packers didn't put up 50 points. :cool:

PD