Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2021-2022 Thread

Well, it looks like JuJu won't be going to the Jets. Apparently, he turned down better offers from the Chiefs and Ravens and instead, signed a 1-year deal to remain with the Steelers. Let's see if he's any more productive than last year. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Well, it looks like JuJu won't be going to the Jets. Apparently, he turned down better offers from the Chiefs and Ravens and instead, signed a 1-year deal to remain with the Steelers. Let's see if he's any more productive than last year. :cool:

Looks like the Jets decided not to give JuJu that big contract, He signed a one year deal with the Steelers for 8million. He had a lot of competition for the ball last season. The steelers have a lot of Receivers. Not all of them can catch the ball. JuJu was double teamed a lot last season,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Anyone want Deshaun? :idk:

short answer is no

Really??? I'm so surprised. :puff::hider:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 weeks later...

Tampa Bay signs ALL their players, EXCEPT Antonio Brown! Why am I not surprised?

I don't like this guy one bit. Steeler Ryan Clark warned the front office about Brown BEFORE they gave him a HUGE Contract. They didn't listen. So he went to New England and got CUT, went to the Raiders and bailed out, and then Tom Brady bailed him out, again.

Brown is still a major PITA. He's the odd man out, TB doesn't need him. AND his knees are not so good.

The NFL doesn't need people like Brown. Let him walk.

Mike T

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Tampa Bay signs ALL their players, EXCEPT Antonio Brown! Why am I not surprised?

The NFL doesn't need people like Brown. Let him walk.

While AB has proven himself to be a jerk, there are still WR desperate teams that will give him another shot especially if he's relatively cheap now. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks sign him. Russell Wilson has worked out with AB in past offseasons, has made no bones about wanting him on the team, and the front office is trying to keep their star quarterback happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks sign him. Russell Wilson has worked out with AB in past offseasons, has made no bones about wanting him on the team, and the front office is trying to keep their star quarterback happy.

Adding AB to their WR corps along with Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf would help QB Russell Wilson tremendously.

I'm sure gum-chewing HC Pete Carroll would be able to handle him too. :laugh::cool:

PD

The Bucks didn't sign AB for another season, he is the odd man out. AB is what 32 now? He sat out the NFC Championship game while the team went to Title town to play GB, Swollen knee. He's coming to the end of his career, the over the hill gang is his next stop.

Mike T.

The linked article about Sam Darnold says that the 49ers recently traded up to No. 3, reducing Carolina's odds of getting the quarterback it wanted at No. 8. But I just don't see him becoming the quarterback Carolina is looking for. I wish Darnold the best, so I'll be happy for him if my prediction proves wrong.

A couple years ago, I remember QB Sam Darnold telling HC Gase that he was "seeing ghosts out there" during a game.

Darnold has had better games since that time but he still doesn't impress me as a starting NFL QB.

Maybe a change of scenery and a new OC will help Darnold. Right now, I believe Carolina over-paid to get him. :cool:

PD

• 2 weeks later...
His comeback was admirable to say the least. Great career, and seems like a great guy.

Also, am I the only one who always thought Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers are secretly related? Dudes look like brothers, or at least cousins.

I can see why you say that, Eric. The only connection I'm aware of is that they were both part of the same draft class and that Alex was drafted by the 49ers instead of Aaron, which is reportedly part of what motivated Rodgers to greatness.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The NFL must be running out of rules to enforce. The latest idea is to increase the # of flags thrown for taunting.

So, now a player won't be able to flex after making a big hit, tackle or sack or throwing up the peace sign while running into the end zone. :rolleyes:

I'm always wondering how long it will be before they turn a man's game into flag or touch football. :mad::cool:

PD

Initially, I thought he was still salty about last year'1st round draft pick. GB QB Aaron Rodgers isn't happy with the contract extension they offered. That will be worked out. He isn't going anywhere. :cool:

PD

The notion of Rodgers moving from my favorite team to my third favorite is better than most of the alternatives; but for now, I guess it bears repeating:

'My future is a beautiful mystery,'

- Aaron Rodgers

In the meantime, the Packers' new cornerback, Eric Stokes, will be able to keep the "G" on his helmet.

Best,

Geoff

Apparently the top four teams that expressed interest in Deshaun Watson drafted QBs. Meanwhile, the Texans don't have a pick until the third round, I think. IOW, it's pretty dull in Texans Town. :SMH:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I don;t know why Green Bay has been in such a rush to irritate Rogers,he's only 36 years old.

Mike T.

• 3 weeks later...

The WFT drafted LB Ryan Kerrigan 10 yeas ago. He's the team's all-time sack leader.

WFT chose not to re-sign Kerrigan and allowed him to become a free agent. Of course, an NFC East foe, the Eagles, picked him up. :rolleyes:

I know the NFL is a business but I believe a player like Kerrigan should have been allowed to finish his career and retire with the same team. :cool:

PD

• 2 months later...

Speaking of Aarons, I know this doesn't sound like news; but it is:

Aaron Rodgers shows up for first day of Green Bay Packers training camp

In a related story:

WR Randall Cobb expects trade back to Green Bay Packers, source says

I always liked Randall Cobb. I hope it works out.

Best,

Geoff