Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

A "Wrenchenspiel" from Soundpaint (a recent discovery) for a mere $10. Yes, its tuned wrenches and boy, are they sweet. The company offers a lot of standard instruments in various forms, among them huge brass & string sections. There are several classy pianos to be had as well. A lot of the goods are avant-garde-y and intriguing. You have to set up an account, but that also offers you several free things. The prices and memory loads are surprisingly small. The framing instrument that holds their goods has a very nice arp and a lot of useful parameters like variable swing. Its very well thought out. Give it a look.    

https://soundpaint.com/products/wrenchenspiel?variant=42894275018923

http://www.soundpaint.com

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

"It ain't over 'til the fat despot sings."
     ~ "X-Men '97"

41 minutes ago, YashN said:

Something beginning with a 'K' and ending with an 'L'. 😆

KlockenspieL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

22 hours ago, J.F.N. said:

KlockenspieL 🤣

Actually I bought a Glogenspiel from Thomman a month ago. Got it to a pop songwriter gig in an Anglican church too 😃 for a couple of songs. I need practice 😉

• Like 1
  • Cool 1
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

19 hours ago, David Emm said:

A "Wrenchenspiel" from Soundpaint (a recent discovery) for a mere $10. Yes, its tuned wrenches and boy, are they sweet. The company offers a lot of standard instruments in various forms, among them huge brass & string sections. There are several classy pianos to be had as well. A lot of the goods are avant-garde-y and intriguing. You have to set up an account, but that also offers you several free things. The prices and memory loads are surprisingly small. The framing instrument that holds their goods has a very nice arp and a lot of useful parameters like variable swing. Its very well thought out. Give it a look.    

https://soundpaint.com/products/wrenchenspiel?variant=42894275018923

http://www.soundpaint.com

This actually looks really interesting! I have a “vintage” MalletKat MIDI controller that lives at my studio, I recently got it working and set up again, and have been making a MainStage set of sounds that work with it. This looks perfect.

• Like 3

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

On 4/14/2024 at 5:59 PM, kenheeter said:

Just bought a near perfect Leslie 145 and preamp pedal, completely stock.  It is the nicest table in my studio and sounds fantastic with my Mojo 61 with lower manual.

Awesome! I want to dump my converted (1)47 for a 145 with brake sooooo bad!

35 minutes ago, BluMunk said:

This arrived a few weeks ago... loving it so far. 

spacer.png

----------

spacer.png

Stunning! How's the condition on the the keybed?

I used to have a Roland MKB-1000, with its original stand as well, brutal piece, unfortunately the keys were in need of love, and in the end I stopped using it and finally sold it one day.

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

1 hour ago, J.F.N. said:

Stunning! How's the condition on the the keybed?

I used to have a Roland MKB-1000, withI s original stand as well, brutal piece, unfortunately but the keys were in need of love and in the end I stopped using it and finally sold it one day.

It's great. I do notice that there seems to be some inconsistency in the response of the black keys compared to the white keys- at light touch sometimes they don't sound. But I haven't measured it and am playing with different touch settings to see if it's just about finding the right response settings and the right approach to playing.

Also, the highest Bb and B rub against each other and the B sticks in the down position when played. I am rarely at those top 3 notes of the keyboard, so at the moment any repair feels like more risk/trouble than it's worth.

It's really a joy to play. I also recently purchased Alicia's Keys (on sale and mentioned in this thread earlier this spring), and the two play together really well. I haven't done much with the aftertouch (aside from testing to make sure it works)... at the moment I'm just reveling in what feels like a very natural key-to-ear playing experience. The midiboard action is precise and responsive in a way that a lot of other boards I've used are not. 

(Also, I really love the form factor for my small studio/office space. Having the top of the instrument serve as a level shelf provides so many micro quality-of-life enhancers over boards with slanted tops and/or tops covered with vital panels and controls).

• Like 1

I have reached the point where I have to sell stuff before getting anything else.  I hate hate hate hate hate (repeat for the next 17 minutes) the process of (trying to) sell gear.

Making it worse, a couple items need repair before I can sell them if I decide to.  Both my Kurzweils have bad pitch wheels, one has a flickering screen (that one likely isn't worth fixing, so sell for parts?).

My wife meandered into my home office/studio where I had my live rig set up (normally since I'm software only at home you only see one keyboard used as a controller) and asked the dreaded question:  "How many keyboards do you have, anyway?"   O_o    Her look after I answered has a point, I need to move at least one if not three.

20 hours ago, Leroy C said:

<Pic of Samson mixer>

Love that old-school desk @Leroy C. My gig last Saturday used a Bose ToneMatch mixer - so unintuitive. I think there's a feature where if if you unplug a cable, that channel gets muted. So if you're pulling cables to resolve a problem, you have to remember to keep unmuting. A simple analog(ue) mixer wouldn't have that problem. 

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

I couldn't resist this eBay auction item from The Bob Moog Foundation:

RickWakeman.png

• Like 4

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

On 4/16/2024 at 5:06 PM, Red Ranger said:

I couldn't resist AudioKit's Nerd Synth for iOS. For $5, it's a no-brainer!

Thanks for the reminder. Saw a video a few days ago and forgot to pick it up.

I have an Oxi One MIDI/CV sequencer arriving today. Looking forward to connecting it to everything from my modular to the MC 101.

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

42 minutes ago, RABid said:

Thanks for the reminder. Saw a video a few days ago and forgot to pick it up.

I have an Oxi One MIDI/CV sequencer arriving today. Looking forward to connecting it to everything from my modular to the MC 101.

It's updated, including a Velocity control for the filter, works great, just fiddling with it here now, this app is a bargain!

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

On 4/18/2024 at 10:58 AM, BluMunk said:

This arrived a few weeks ago... loving it so far. 

Cool, a v3, very hard to find nowadays. Mr Cat will be disappointed though, as MIDIboards generate very little to no heat. :wah:

Yamaha QX3 sequencer.  Wanted a different way to get ideas down without having to fire up my computer.

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

On 4/23/2024 at 9:18 PM, K K said:

Cool, a v3, very hard to find nowadays. Mr Cat will be disappointed though, as MIDIboards generate very little to no heat. :wah:

Haha! She likes walking on the keys... I need to find/build a cover that protects the keybed while keeping the top of the instrument uncovered so I can leave things on top while putting on and removing a cover.

After finally having updated my Opsix to the latest firmware, which has been on my todolist forever but due to the H3LL of making it talk with Windows 11 I've been postponing it, but now I finally did it, sorted out the communication problems and got the update done, and as a little gratification I grabbed a new soundbank for it

https://korg.shop/80s-synthwave.html

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

The thread title is wide open for interpretation. Yesterday I was in our local Guitar Center and bought 2 brand new and unopened sets of Martin Extra-Light micro-coated strings for 12 string acoustic guitar - $5 and tax each. Pretty rare to find them for $12.00 per set, not unusual to pay over $15.00 per set. Score!

And yes, I own a 12 string acoustic guitar - a Rainsong WS-3000. I've never played a better acoustic 12 string guitar. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

The band I've started playing with figured out that I can sing... So I just grabbed one of these, used, for 50€ in as new condition.

https://www.sontronics.com/solo

• Like 2

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2/3 - While I'm comfortable using keyboards for MIDI note entry, this software is surprisingly fun to play around with.  Quite liberating to be able to use any guitar instead of only guitars with hexaxphonic pickups.  Works best with bridge humbucker pickups.  A bit unforgiving of sloppy muting technique.  The difference between versions 2 and 3 is v3 introduces MPE as well as other new features and UI changes.

TEControl USB MIDI Breath and Bite Controller 2 - After watching videos of LofiLeif (Jam Origin team) using a TEControl, I was inspired to pick up one.  Doesn't take long to coordinate with plucking guitar strings, though MG 2/3 is very sensitive to hammer-ons.  Even a very light hammer-on can trigger a MIDI note.

• Like 1

Just grabbed the Wavestation iOS app, oh teh memories, and now with a great and user friendly interface!!! 

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

And a JoeMeek channel to have a little bit of control over the Sontronics Solo before it enters the crappy sound system in the band's rehearsal room... 

(not a picture of the actual unit, but it was sold as new with original box, wiring, and documents just like in this picture)

Bargain, 85€ + shipping!

360_de16d6011c57a8dbc25dc0b3d13e042b.thumb.jpg.a599a3c12ff87da1debb0522e51c2de6.jpg

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -