Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How old are this forum's members?

Morizzle

How old are you?  

870 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to start another poll. How many times did you actually pick someone up at a gig?

My guess is that it would directly correspond with your age.

MY guess is that it would be INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL to your age.

:)

chas

Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

54 - but that's just my body. My mind is 30, and my spirit is 9

I'm with Carlo...except my body's a bit younger than his (52).

dB

Me and Carlo are the same age. I'll be 55 later this month.

But he and dB can both play circles around me.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

To give you a hint, I was born the same year as one of my B3's was built.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

41 (if I'm doing the math right). But I didn't get serious about music until my 30's. So I've got a 20 year old's music skills with a 40 year old body. The line starts here ladies...
Live rig: Roland FA-08, Yamaha MOTIF ES 6, laptop for supplemental sounds.

It's not the year, it's the mileage.

True that. Fifty nine and a half. High milage. Maintenance issues. Lots of rust, dings, and dents.

I vaguely remember a similar thread from ? years ago. It's good to see we haven't scared off all the kids. And it's good to see that I'm not all that old by keyboard player standards. If this was football, most of us would be all washed up.

--wmp

I don't know how that happened. One day I was 30 and then one day I was 50. The years just flew by.

me too. Soon to be 53. I thought we scared off all the youngsters under 40. Gotta go, my wife's calling (she's 39). Need to find my Mycoxaflappin. :D

:nopity:

45 for me.

Funny we're talking about age. I work in a place where it just so happens that a lot of the people I'm interacting with regularly are in their 30s, 40s, or older. At the gig I played Saturday night, however, we played a bar just off U Street in downtown Washington that was well populated late at night with a bunch of 20-somethings out livin' the life that I used to enjoy. It had been so long since I'd really been around that crowd, it was good to see that it still existed!

I don't yet consider myself old, but I sure do miss being young.

Noah

I'm 53. Since 50, I've been noticing that I'm not 20 anymore, which I hadn't really noticed before (other than my hair starting to go grey at 40). Lots of subtle things starting to go wrong. Nothing serious, just signs of age saying "Hello!"

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

When I first started in this forum, I was in my 40's and so were most. So am I imagining that the demographics is shifting as the same group sticks around? I find that I am once again in the majority group?

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

41 next month. I had typically always been the youngest guy in most of the bands I was in. I'm sure that will change.

Jay

www.soundcloud.com/high-diving-act

www.yournewneighbors.com

www.mclovinmusic.com

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Krome EX, Novation Summit, Roland RD88 & Edge, Spectrasonic Keyscape

I turn 54 during NAMM- I consider the NAMM show my personal birthday party (in fact, the forum dinner usually falls on my birthday)! Physically, the one thing that reminds me how old I am is having to wear readers to see the damn forum posts!

56 in April. Which is also the 50th anniversary of when I started piano lessons. Have to do something big to celebrate!

P.S. My avatar pic was taken when I was 29. I've changed a little since then. Eyes have shrunk closer to normal.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

Archived